Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [EN] NVIDIA's dual-GPU GeForce GTX 590 emerges, can't slay the Radeon HD 6990 titan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[EN] NVIDIA's dual-GPU GeForce GTX 590 emerges, can't slay the Radeon HD 6990 titan - Page 40

post #391 of 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunion View Post
How can you possibly try to defend this???

This is the Nvidia flagship card, it should have A1 components.

Failures like this are inexcusable, period.
This is supposed to be an ultra enthusiasts card, sorry but it's not.

An enthusiast card that can't take a 125mv increase is a joke.
They overvolted on pre-release beta drivers, with a camera running, and the card fried. What's to defend? It's the risk you run when you mess with voltage, period. It happens.

However, unlike the AMD counterpart, your warranty isn't void should you even attempt to overclock . I'm unsure what your argument is.
Edited by Celeras - 3/25/11 at 1:38am
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #392 of 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
They overvolted on pre-release beta drivers, with a camera running, and the card fried. What's to defend? It's the risk you run when you mess with voltage, period. It happens.

However, unlike the AMD counterpart, your warranty isn't void should you even attempt to overclock at all . I'm unsure what your argument is.
Partners cover the overclock switch in the warranty, AMD don't. So another great point from you.
Yes cards blowing up with a little overclock is perfectly acceptable.

Oh Nvidia cover overclocking in the warranty now do they?
post #393 of 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerPowered View Post
570's are just fine. If they fried their card its their own damn fault for taking it too far past factory specs.
lol, where are we again...

If Nvidia cards can't take the extremes where do you think people will go -- AMD.
post #394 of 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
They overvolted on pre-release beta drivers, with a camera running, and the card fried. What's to defend? It's the risk you run when you mess with voltage, period. It happens.

However, unlike the AMD counterpart, your warranty isn't void should you even attempt to overclock . I'm unsure what your argument is.
You void the warranty if you overclock any card or cpu for that matter, but they just don't have any way to know that you overclocked, unless you tell them.
Edited by Kasp1js - 3/25/11 at 1:37am
Dunno
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3550 Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 MSI HD7850 1GB Kingston Hyperx Blu 2x2GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston Hyperx Blu 2x4GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb Intel 330 60Gb SSD Scythe Mugen 2 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 8 Pro Acer AL2416W Samsung 940n Chieftec 750w 
Case
Thermaltake V4 
  hide details  
Reply
Dunno
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3550 Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 MSI HD7850 1GB Kingston Hyperx Blu 2x2GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston Hyperx Blu 2x4GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb Intel 330 60Gb SSD Scythe Mugen 2 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 8 Pro Acer AL2416W Samsung 940n Chieftec 750w 
Case
Thermaltake V4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #395 of 458
Honestly, just WC the 6990, especially since this is out now, and then who cares about the noise anymore? this is my ultimate plan to take over the world.
0-Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme Gigabyte Radeon HD5870 OC GSKILL Flare 4x2GB DDR3 2000mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4xWD1002FAEX RAID 10 LG Super Multi Blue BD-ROM Windows 7 Ultimate ASUS VE247 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7g Silverstone Strider Gold 1200w Coolermaster HAF-X Steelseries Ikari Laser 
  hide details  
Reply
0-Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1090t ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme Gigabyte Radeon HD5870 OC GSKILL Flare 4x2GB DDR3 2000mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4xWD1002FAEX RAID 10 LG Super Multi Blue BD-ROM Windows 7 Ultimate ASUS VE247 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7g Silverstone Strider Gold 1200w Coolermaster HAF-X Steelseries Ikari Laser 
  hide details  
Reply
post #396 of 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasp1js View Post
You void the warranty if you overclock any card or cpu for that matter, but they just don't have any way to know that you overclocked, unless you tell them.
I think there's a difference between being able to keep it secret, and the manufacturer designing a huge RED FLAG(heh) onto the hardware itself so it knows if you even TRY.

And im still not sure what the argument is here. Theres no risk when overvolting? There shouldn't be any risk when overvolting to the cards maximum spec? If that's really how you feel, then welcome to reality the first time you brick a card.
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #397 of 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
I think there's a difference between being able to keep it secret, and the manufacturer designing a huge RED FLAG(heh) onto the hardware itself so it knows if you even TRY.

And im still not sure what the argument is here. Theres no risk when overvolting? There shouldn't be any risk when overvolting to the cards maximum spec? If that's really how you feel, then welcome to reality the first time you brick a card.
But you can still overclock the 6990 through software, so I don't really see your point.
Dunno
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3550 Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 MSI HD7850 1GB Kingston Hyperx Blu 2x2GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston Hyperx Blu 2x4GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb Intel 330 60Gb SSD Scythe Mugen 2 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 8 Pro Acer AL2416W Samsung 940n Chieftec 750w 
Case
Thermaltake V4 
  hide details  
Reply
Dunno
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3550 Asrock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 MSI HD7850 1GB Kingston Hyperx Blu 2x2GB 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Kingston Hyperx Blu 2x4GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1tb Intel 330 60Gb SSD Scythe Mugen 2 
OSMonitorMonitorPower
Windows 8 Pro Acer AL2416W Samsung 940n Chieftec 750w 
Case
Thermaltake V4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #398 of 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCPUser View Post
lol, where are we again...

If Nvidia cards can't take the extremes where do you think people will go -- AMD.
Yeah but I would rather be stock on Nvidia then deal with ATI drivers.
post #399 of 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerPowered View Post
Yeah but I would rather be stock on Nvidia then deal with ATI drivers.
You don't play Shogun 2 with Nvidia do you? Drivers are pretty bad for both red and green imho.
post #400 of 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasp1js View Post
But you can still overclock the 6990 through software, so I don't really see your point.
I really don't care too much about the 6990, just brought up the warranty to irk trolls(like how I induced an insta-response from Newbie? It's an art ;p). I just find the people thinking that overvolting should be 100% safe a bit ridiculous. Living in a fantasy world, like this is some new development that cards can brick if you pump too many volts through it..
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
Ivypascal
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570K, 4.6 GHz @ 1.29V Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H eVGA GTX1080 ACX SC 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial M4SSD2 SATA III (128GB) Windows 10 Pro x64 Viewsonic XG2703-GS & Dell 24' 07WFPHC CM Storm Quick Fire Rapid, MX Red 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX850 Coolermaster HAF 932 Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [EN] NVIDIA's dual-GPU GeForce GTX 590 emerges, can't slay the Radeon HD 6990 titan