Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Joystiq]Resident Evil 4, Code Veronica HD Comparisons and Download in NA Fall
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Joystiq]Resident Evil 4, Code Veronica HD Comparisons and Download in NA Fall - Page 5

post #41 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sym_ View Post
what version is he running...i tried to run the game and this happened...
You're using a build thats over a year old. Get latest here: http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/

Also I gotta say: there are some really impressive looking wii games that look fantastic in a high res with AA. My brawl screenshots:



Edited by clerick - 3/28/11 at 10:40pm
Main rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k 4.6ghz GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD3 Asus GTX 1070 STRIX 16GB G.skill ripjaw DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 520 256gb SSD / 1x 256gb muskin SSD/ 1x WD 2... NH-DS15s Win10 27" 1440p 100hz, IPS 23' 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Quickfire Stealth 850tx Rival 300 hd600 
  hide details  
Reply
Main rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k 4.6ghz GIGABYTE GA-Z170X-UD3 Asus GTX 1070 STRIX 16GB G.skill ripjaw DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 520 256gb SSD / 1x 256gb muskin SSD/ 1x WD 2... NH-DS15s Win10 27" 1440p 100hz, IPS 23' 
KeyboardPowerMouseAudio
Quickfire Stealth 850tx Rival 300 hd600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
exactly.

PS2 and that era of games look fantastic with just base assets and effects alone. With emulation, you render them with native resolution and can toggle the effects that the developers put into the games in order for them to run within the performance specs of the hardware - effectively making the game better without having to "mod" the game really...
I think we are lucky in that many game devs chose to make ps2 native res really low(sub 480lines, sometimes in the high 200s!) so they could use more effects in the games. now, we can just bump up the res and it looks worlds better. even without upgraded textures, modern hardware has better filtering which would make even the old, crapy textures look slightly better(not really shown in emulators though...)

I think more companies should do this, because it costs them very little compared to making new games, and i think many older games were better anyway (game devs getting lazy...). as long as they don't charge too much, I'm all for "HD remixes"


Quote:
Originally Posted by clerick View Post
Also I gotta say: there are some really impressive looking wii games that look fantastic in a high res with AA. My brawl screenshots:
I think people really under-estimate what higher render res and AA can do for a game.
Edited by qwertymac93 - 3/28/11 at 10:50pm
z87
(18 items)
 
Media Rig
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 ASRock 870 Extreme 3 HIS 5750 (840core/1200mem) 2*2GB A-Data DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 Lite-On Blue Ray WH14NS40 Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 PRO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro 64-bit Vizio M43-c1 Logitech K400 Corsair CX-430 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
NZXT Beta EVO Gigabyte M7700 Sony STR-DN1070 Definitive Technology BP8 Tower Speakers 
AudioAudio
Definitive Technology 2002 Series Center Speaker Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 Bookshelf... 
  hide details  
Reply
z87
(18 items)
 
Media Rig
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 720 ASRock 870 Extreme 3 HIS 5750 (840core/1200mem) 2*2GB A-Data DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 Lite-On Blue Ray WH14NS40 Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 PRO 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 pro 64-bit Vizio M43-c1 Logitech K400 Corsair CX-430 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
NZXT Beta EVO Gigabyte M7700 Sony STR-DN1070 Definitive Technology BP8 Tower Speakers 
AudioAudio
Definitive Technology 2002 Series Center Speaker Definitive Technology ProMonitor 1000 Bookshelf... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaNemesis28 View Post
What are you talking about ignoring every point you've brought up? I've argued EVERY one of them and YOU are the one ignoring them. I've disected every tiny thing in your post. You're going to sit here and act like I've said nothing but "what are you talking about"?

And what is with you and 480p? You're, for the 4rth or 5th time, DEFEATING THE PURPOSE of the game.

Here's your Serious Sam and Serious Sam HD





Yeah man - I don't see any differences in those pictures.



What are you even saying at this point?



XD That's the point of it.
They're upgrading a game in 2004 to work with today's current standards of resolution and graphics.



Emulated 2004 game? Wow, this just... is incredible.







That's not emulation. That's actual texture resolutions being adjusted and upgraded, as well as a 10x higher native resolution. The pixels do matter, along with the assets. This is graphics 101. If you can't even comprehend that, they again, you clearly shouldn't have been talking about it since the beginning. But no - it's all about the wires right?
You really are an imbecile. You just proved me correct in every point I've made.

The only reason I stated for the games to be run side by side at same native resolution is because so the people who played the original see a worthwhile benefit of upgrading to a better version (because it's been played to death on 3 other consoles + PC at least, in the case of RE4). Nobody who played the original Serious Sam and bought the HD version would think it wasn't a worthwhile upgrade or "behind the times", since everything changed in the HD version. They used an entirely different engine, re-made models and used completely different textures (which qualifies the prices they charged and the "HD" title). Read the comments of your own source, the before shots have obviously been faked and intentionally after-blurred as that's not how the original looked, especially on the Gamecube/Wii. Just looking at image 3 in your BS source proves that, they obviously added in the pixellated after-effect in over the original shots. HDTV or not, I can hook it up via component and get the original looking much better than those crap shots, regardless of the resolution.

And once again, you don't even bring in some shots of the game you're fighting over to support your stupid worthless argument. Instead you bring up shots of completely different games, way to go.

Even your crap GOW Collection to PS2 comparison you keep shoving shows nothing "remade" or "remastered", you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. If you had a clue about games development you'd know that when any big-budget developer makes any game for a console, they make everything as high res as possible, including textures, and downsize/downscale it to consoles from the PC rendering, which is exactly what they did for the PS2 version. The only improvement this shows is that they removed the mip-mapping effect (that's what's making the images look jagged as hell at a distance, if you didn't know what that meant), used the exact same but slightly higher resolution textures (again off their PC renders) and upped the overall resolution as well as adding some anti-aliasing. That does not by any means qualify it being titled as a "HD remake", since this wasn't anywhere near the "back to the drawing board" approach that Serious Sam developers had to their "HD remade" games, and should have been called the "Portover Edition", not a "Re-mastered Edition".



You can't even comprehend basic math, since you state a 10x higher native resolution in the PS3 version, you're telling me the game is running at 4800p?

Oh and you obviously don't have a clue about the PC version either. If you use the texture patch on the PC port, you have the game looking just as good if not better than the GC/Wii version. Add in some forced AA in driver settings, and you can get the game running and looking just as good as this "HD" bullcrap portover. And judging by your profile pic, either you're a blind Capcom fan who can't look past the overpriced cash in of a product that this is (with some money to burn), a noob who's never played the original on GC/Wii or even the PS2, or a Capcom employee. I suspect a combination of the first two.
Edited by Am* - 3/29/11 at 7:15am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron G530 Haven't decided yet. GTX 460 768MB 4GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 1TB (SSD coming later) XP/Windows 7 Same old... Yet to decide. 
Case
Fractal Design Define R3 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Celeron G530 Haven't decided yet. GTX 460 768MB 4GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 1TB (SSD coming later) XP/Windows 7 Same old... Yet to decide. 
Case
Fractal Design Define R3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 48
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am* View Post
You really are an imbecile. You just proved me correct in every point I've made.
You haven't made ANY points! Everything you said is just nonsense rambling that doesn't even make sense, yet alone any proof to back it up.

Quote:
The only reason I stated for the games to be run side by side at same native resolution
NO. You never said that to begin with!
You said run the comparison of the original game and the HD game at 480p.
480p is NOT the native resolution of the HD games. Wow, you truly do have no idea what you're talking about yet alone what you're even saying yourself!

Quote:
is because so the people who played the original see a worthwhile benefit of upgrading to a better version (because it's been played to death on 3 other consoles + PC at least, in the case of RE4). Nobody who played the original Serious Sam and bought the HD version would think it wasn't a worthwhile upgrade or "behind the times", since everything changed in the HD version. They used an entirely different engine, re-made models and used completely different textures (which qualifies the prices they charged and the "HD" title).
?
God of War on the PS2 is "behind the times" and it got a very nice HD makeover. What are you on about again?

Quote:
Read the comments of your own source, the before shots have obviously been faked and intentionally after-blurred as that's not how the original looked, especially on the Gamecube/Wii.

Again, you have no evidence and have yet to support yourself.

Quote:
Just looking at image 3 in your BS source proves that, they obviously added in the pixellated after-effect in over the original shots. HDTV or not, I can hook it up via component and get the original looking much better than those crap shots, regardless of the resolution.
BS source?
ROFLMAO
Joystiq is not a BS source, it's one of the most recognized and read video game news sources on the web. It's done by the same people who do Engadget. It's in the leagues of IGN and similar.
Not to mention, Joystiq's source is CAPCOM THEMSELVES.
I'll repeat what I said before, do you even know what you're talking about? Have you even read the article?

Quote:
And once again, you don't even bring in some shots of the game you're fighting over to support your stupid worthless argument. Instead you bring up shots of completely different games, way to go.
Because, you're going on about cables and other garbage! You're talking about completely irrelevant stuff about how games don't need HD renewals and how there is no difference, and how your stupid analog cables mess everything up. All of which are false. I'm showing you how wrong you are. You're in denial now.

Quote:
Even your crap GOW Collection to PS2 comparison you keep shoving shows nothing "remade" or "remastered", you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise.
XD
Start reading because ONCE again - you're the one who is a fool.

Quote:
If you had a clue about games development you'd know that when any big-budget developer makes any game for a console, they make everything as high res as possible, including textures, and downsize/downscale it to consoles from the PC rendering, which is exactly what they did for the PS2 version. The only improvement this shows is that they removed the mip-mapping effect (that's what's making the images look jagged as hell at a distance, if you didn't know what that meant), used the exact same but slightly higher resolution textures (again off their PC renders) and upped the overall resolution as well as adding some anti-aliasing. That does not by any means qualify it being titled as a "HD remake", since this wasn't anywhere near the "back to the drawing board" approach that Serious Sam developers had to their "HD remade" games, and should have been called the "Portover Edition", not a "Re-mastered Edition".
Several things wrong with your comments, excuse me - all of it.
There are several effects, including mipmapping but not ONLY, that gets removed from GoW. For instance - unnecessary or over zealous fog that is used to cover up environments in order to increase FPS. Gone. Read the article, if you can that is.

Also, the PURPOSE of HD Remastered games is to use higher resolution textures. Same, but higher resolution
What do you still not understand? These are NOT Remakes like Resident Evil Remake on the Gamecube. Which leads me to the next thing:

Who said anything is a remake?
It is a Remastered edition. The GoW collection is a PS2 remastered collection of GoW 1 and 2. So is Prince of Persia and ICO and Shadow of the Collossus. AND RESIDENT EVIL 4 & CODE VERONICA
You wouldn't know that though because you're busy making up garbage, acting like you know everything, and spouting nonsense. You haven't even read the article clearly. You're so oblivious right now to what we're even talking about.
No one said that RE4 on the PS3 and Xbox 360 is a REMAKE. It is like GoW, PoP, ICO, and Shadow of the Collossus - HD Remasters of the original game. Higher native resolution, higher resolution textures, probably better FPS rates, and possibly more tiny other things. Well worth the money for anyone who wants to play these classics again the way they were meant to be played.


Quote:


You can't even comprehend basic math, since you state a 10x higher native resolution in the PS3 version, you're telling me the game is running at 4800p?
What?
The HD versions of the games are at 720p. You're the one who can't even read. Wow, you seriously are so lost right now.

Quote:
Oh and you obviously don't have a clue about the PC version either. If you use the texture patch on the PC port, you have the game looking just as good if not better than the GC/Wii version.
TEXTURE PATCH
Match, game, set.
There is a reason I didn't mention the PC version. Derp.
The PC version, even with texture patches, still doesn't look that great either. Especially when you toss in the pre-rendered engine cutscenes from the Gamecube version. OH - I'm sorry, did you forget to mention that?





If you ask me, the PC version's GC cutscene that I took a screengrab of MYSELF just two minutes ago looks STRIKINGLY similar to the left picture of the HD comparison. And that's a PNG grab directly from the game, unlike the second picture which also probably has compression artifacts from being saved dozens of times over depending on how they were sent across the web from Capcom themselves.


Do I have to do all the work around here myself? You have yet to support anything you've said thus far, yet every little thing I've discussed I have pictures and articles to back me up.


Quote:
Add in some forced AA in driver settings, and you can get the game running and looking just as good as this "HD" bullcrap portover. And judging by your profile pic, either you're a blind Capcom fan who can't look past the overpriced cash in of a product that this is (with some money to burn), a noob who's never played the original on GC/Wii or even the PS2, or a Capcom employee. I suspect a combination of the first two.
ROFLMAO
This is gold.
I own, played, and beaten practically RE game on virtually every system they've been available for. I've repurchased RE1, 2, and 3 practically 6 times over for your information yet alone RE4 on the PC, Wii, GC, and PS2. As well as the stupid iPhone version. You're just so enraged by the argument, you're making personal assumptions based absolutely nothing. You know zip, zero, zilch especially about me yet alone the argument at hand. You're trying to criticize me on going off about how other HD remasters are, yet you're trying hypocritically to attack me by saying I'm a "noob" who never played the original RE4 on GC or Wii yet alone the PS2 version.

Edited by OmegaNemesis28 - 3/29/11 at 11:17am
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis NE-α
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 4790k (Devil's Canyon) AsRock Z97 Extreme 4 Visiontek AMD 6990 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 840 XSPC Raystorm Windows 8.1 Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Dell U2311H 1920x1080 IPS Ducky Blue Overclock.net Themed Mechanical Keyb... Corsair Silver 1kw  
CaseMouseAudio
Case Labs TH10 Logitech G502 Logitech 5.1 speakers w/ Onkyo Receiver 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4.0ghz EVGA X58 Classified Visiontek 6990 GSkill 6GB DDR3 Pi 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x OCZ Vertex 60GB SSD ; 2x 1TB ; 2x 2TB Samsung BluRay Burner Windows 7 Ultimate 64x 3x Dell U2311H 23" 1080p IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard SilverStone Strider 1000w Modular Power Supply Lian Li V2000 Plus Logitech G9 Gaming Laser Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Cyba Sniper Tracer (Acrylic Glass) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 48
Guys, Play nice. Only and final warning. Chill out
post #46 of 48
Maybe its time I buy RE4
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [Asus] P8P67 Pro [EVGA] 1050 Ti [Crucial] Ballistix Tactical 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 128gb [WD] Cavier Black [Noctua] NH-D14 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[Asus] VG236 23 inch 120 Hz [HP]w2007 (Offset) [Logitech] G15 [Corsair] HX 750 
CaseMouseAudio
[Silverstone] RV02 [Logitech] G5 [Superlux] HD668B 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [Asus] P8P67 Pro [EVGA] 1050 Ti [Crucial] Ballistix Tactical 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 128gb [WD] Cavier Black [Noctua] NH-D14 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[Asus] VG236 23 inch 120 Hz [HP]w2007 (Offset) [Logitech] G15 [Corsair] HX 750 
CaseMouseAudio
[Silverstone] RV02 [Logitech] G5 [Superlux] HD668B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 48
Uh... yeah. This isn't just taking RE4 from the Cube/Wii and jacking up the resolution. Not sure what the argument is about here. You can do that on the PC version, with texture mods, and it still looks rather subpar. I've done it myself at 1920x1080.

Anyway, about how Wii games look with the resolution jacked up, they do look sweet. Metroid Prime Trilogy is a great example too. Wish Nintendo had thought ahead and included HD support.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 3.9 GHz MSI Pro x58 Two Gigabyte 1GB GTX460s in SLI OCZ Gold 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 640GB Samsung DVD Writer Windows 7 Professional Acer 22" 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Digital Pro Corsair 750TX Xclio Windtunnel Microsoft Arc Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Some generic mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 3.9 GHz MSI Pro x58 Two Gigabyte 1GB GTX460s in SLI OCZ Gold 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 640GB Samsung DVD Writer Windows 7 Professional Acer 22" 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Digital Pro Corsair 750TX Xclio Windtunnel Microsoft Arc Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Some generic mousepad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 48
I'll probably get this, I never did finish RE4 when it came out. I just got tired of looking after Ashley or whatever her name was. Last time I played I shot her in the back by accident and then I just turned off the game and returned it to my friend.

Gotta say though, it's a world of difference in terms of graphics. Blurry and crystal clear.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950@3.2ghz X58 Sabertooth GTX470 Sli(700c,1738m,1.000v) Corsair xms 6gb cl9 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 320gb B-boy bears Samsung XL2370 23in Corsair HX1000 
Case
CoolerMaster Haf X 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950@3.2ghz X58 Sabertooth GTX470 Sli(700c,1738m,1.000v) Corsair xms 6gb cl9 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
Seagate Barracuda 320gb B-boy bears Samsung XL2370 23in Corsair HX1000 
Case
CoolerMaster Haf X 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [Joystiq]Resident Evil 4, Code Veronica HD Comparisons and Download in NA Fall