Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › No 590 GTX Step-up from EVGA
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

No 590 GTX Step-up from EVGA - Page 2  

post #11 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by compuman145 View Post
Yeah, because you're clearly god's gift to IT and know everything about everything. People miss things because they are human, learn to like it.

Or, next time you say or do something wrong I'll be just as rude to you as you were to him just because I know something that you dont.

C
I'm far from God's gift to IT...In a search of OCN it was even mentioned here in NOVEMBER, DECEMBER, JANUARY, FEB, and MARCH.

From the replies in each thread it was obvious this card was coming...And sure, people miss things but, you don't make a 500$+ investment without taking the 5-10 seconds necessary to cover your ass.

Everyone that's whining about EVGA not covering Step-Ups on a LIMITED release is absolutely in need of an attitude re-adjustment.

It's a privilege that ONLY THEY offer and you didn't do your research...There's really no argument about that...If you had, you wouldn't be complaining about it.

If I came off as an *******, feel free to return the favor.
post #12 of 30
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
I'm far from God's gift to IT...In a search of OCN it was even mentioned here in NOVEMBER, DECEMBER, JANUARY, FEB, and MARCH.

From the replies in each thread it was obvious this card was coming...And sure, people miss things but, you don't make a 500$+ investment without taking the 5-10 seconds necessary to cover your ass.

Everyone that's whining about EVGA not covering Step-Ups on a LIMITED release is absolutely in need of an attitude re-adjustment.

It's a privilege that ONLY THEY offer and you didn't do your research...There's really no argument about that...If you had, you wouldn't be complaining about it.

If I came off as an *******, feel free to return the favor.
Where did I say I invested 500 bucks without taking 5-10 seconds necessary to cover my a$$..

I have a 570 that i bought 84 days ago. This is relevant because I got official word from EVGA saying there would be no step up program. Sorry that I created a post that you felt wasted your time reading.

You sir are the problem with OCN. How about you do everyone a favor and delete your account so you dont have to feel like your time is being wasted.

Its a good thing that everyone does google searches before posting here...
The Gibson
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-6600k Gigabyte GA=Z170X MSI 980ti G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
240GB SSD 1TB WD Black HDD 128mb cache LG Blu-Ray Burner Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3011 Dell 30 inch 1600p Logitech 920 Illuminated EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80 Plua Platinum Certified... Thermaltake Chaser Series Chaser MK-I 
Mouse
Logitech Performance MX 
  hide details  
The Gibson
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-6600k Gigabyte GA=Z170X MSI 980ti G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
240GB SSD 1TB WD Black HDD 128mb cache LG Blu-Ray Burner Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3011 Dell 30 inch 1600p Logitech 920 Illuminated EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80 Plua Platinum Certified... Thermaltake Chaser Series Chaser MK-I 
Mouse
Logitech Performance MX 
  hide details  
post #13 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
You know, I JUST said this in the EVGA forums...

This information has been available since NOVEMBER...That the 590 was releasing in Feb/March.

It's not about protecting your investment at all; you failed to do ANY research.

Even typing in GTX 590; the earliest article is NOV 21st, 2010.

Come on...Had you done ANY research, this would've been obvious.

Tired of people whining when you weren't smart enough to take 10 seconds to do it the first place so, here; I'll do it for you.

Google
I'm confused... I took it that the OP knew when the GTX 590 was releasing and bought the 570 so he could (hopefully) step up to the 590--and now it just released and evga said they won't step 570s/580s up to 590s (which--with it being a specialty card, is understandable). If that is the case, what are you bashing him for in this post? It isn't about the release date of the 590--just the fact that he just found out evga will not step up the 570s/580s. If this information was available since November, then I guess I can see your irritability towards him.


Either way, relax:
post #14 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcz View Post
I'm confused... I took it that the OP knew when the GTX 590 was releasing and bought the 580 so he could (hopefully) step up to the 590--and now it just released and evga said they won't step 580s up to 590s (which--with it being a specialty card, is understandable). If that is the case, what are you bashing him for in this post? It isn't about the release date of the 590--just the fact that he just found out evga will not step up the 580s. If this information was available since November, then I guess I can see your irritability towards him.
My vagina was offended by your midol.

The OP is upset because he was told there's no step-up and is now whining about it.

A simple google search and or/reading his coveted OCN threads would've revealed the 590 was due...However, he obviously failed to do either.
post #15 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
My vagina was offended by your midol.

The OP is upset because he was told there's no step-up and is now whining about it.

A simple google search and or/reading his coveted OCN threads would've revealed the 590 was due...However, he obviously failed to do either.
you said VAGINA
Galbus
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 G... ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME LGA 1151 Intel Z1... 3x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition  2x [Trident Z] F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW 16-16-16-36... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Plextor M8Pe AIC 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Int... Plextor M8Pe AIC 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Int... LG BH16NS40 Blu-ray Card Reader: Rosewill RDCR-11003 - 3.5" 74-in-1... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Ultra cool passive heatsink Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ViewSonic XG2703-GS Black 27" 4ms (GTG) IPS G-S... Das Keyboard 4 Professional Mechanical Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR AXi Series AX1500i Digital 1500W 80 PLU... Corsair Obsidian 750D Black Aluminum / Steel AT... Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech 
AudioOtherOtherOther
onboard Canon i-SENSYS LBP7680Cx (5089B014) Duplex 9600... Canon imageFORMULA DR-F120 (9017B002) 600 dpi U... Brother Personal Plain Paper Fax Machine, FAX-575 
  hide details  
Galbus
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K 8M Skylake Quad-Core 4.0 G... ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME LGA 1151 Intel Z1... 3x MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition  2x [Trident Z] F4-3600C16D-16GTZKW 16-16-16-36... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
Plextor M8Pe AIC 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Int... Plextor M8Pe AIC 1TB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 MLC Int... LG BH16NS40 Blu-ray Card Reader: Rosewill RDCR-11003 - 3.5" 74-in-1... 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Ultra cool passive heatsink Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ViewSonic XG2703-GS Black 27" 4ms (GTG) IPS G-S... Das Keyboard 4 Professional Mechanical Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CORSAIR AXi Series AX1500i Digital 1500W 80 PLU... Corsair Obsidian 750D Black Aluminum / Steel AT... Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum Logitech 
AudioOtherOtherOther
onboard Canon i-SENSYS LBP7680Cx (5089B014) Duplex 9600... Canon imageFORMULA DR-F120 (9017B002) 600 dpi U... Brother Personal Plain Paper Fax Machine, FAX-575 
  hide details  
post #16 of 30
I'm upset for the same thing I had no idea I would not be able to step up. This was my first time I bought a card with intention of stepping up. Yet it didn't happen so for me why would I buy EVGA with that uncertainy again. I think I should have went with Asus cause I could transfer the warranty well my cards and Buy a 590 like I wanted. I think we are on the same page OP. I feel with you.
 
4x r290's
(9 items)
 
3x 7970's
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K 4.8Ghz offset ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme GTX 780 with EK waterblock GTX 780 with EK waterblock 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 780 with EK waterblock  Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 256GB Samsung 950 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 Pro 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
RX360, EX360, EX360, and 480 Rad's XSPC Raystorm CPU Block Dual boot (other unnamed OS) and Win8 Pro QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 112hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K GA-Z77X-UD3H 4x R9 290's 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1TB Hard Drive Win8 Corsair Dual PSU - AX1200 and HX650 Open Case 
Other
Thee 16x Risers and One 1x Riser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K 5Ghz Bench ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme 3x AMD 7970's w/ EK water blocks Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingMonitor
128GB Samsung 830  RX360, RX240, EX360 XSPC Raystorm CPU Block QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 114hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX760i Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
  hide details  
 
4x r290's
(9 items)
 
3x 7970's
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K 4.8Ghz offset ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme GTX 780 with EK waterblock GTX 780 with EK waterblock 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 780 with EK waterblock  Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 256GB Samsung 950 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 Pro 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
RX360, EX360, EX360, and 480 Rad's XSPC Raystorm CPU Block Dual boot (other unnamed OS) and Win8 Pro QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 112hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K GA-Z77X-UD3H 4x R9 290's 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1TB Hard Drive Win8 Corsair Dual PSU - AX1200 and HX650 Open Case 
Other
Thee 16x Risers and One 1x Riser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K 5Ghz Bench ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme 3x AMD 7970's w/ EK water blocks Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingMonitor
128GB Samsung 830  RX360, RX240, EX360 XSPC Raystorm CPU Block QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 114hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX760i Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
  hide details  
post #17 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
My vagina was offended by your midol.

The OP is upset because he was told there's no step-up and is now whining about it.

A simple google search and or/reading his coveted OCN threads would've revealed the 590 was due...However, he obviously failed to do either.
Uhh....

I think you're completely missing the point. HE and WE all KNEW it was due. What HE (THE OP) didn't know was that EVGA wouldn't allow you to step up to the 590.
post #18 of 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcz View Post
Uhh....

I think you're completely missing the point. HE and WE all KNEW it was due. What HE (THE OP) didn't know was that EVGA wouldn't allow you to step up to the 590.
EVGA very publicly SAID Step up was NOT available.

They said it VIA email, on the phone; had any contact been made and/or effort, this would've been obvious.

I knew this in November, when I picked up a press release, asked and I was directed towards the fine print of the Step Up policy along with a steady "no".

Everyone who called, got the same answer; emailed, same answer.

The end users that expected a 590 as a step up had only just to contact evga and ask; yet, failed.

Who's fault is that?

For those of you that choose to stay on OCN:

Quote:
Step-up Policy

Graphics Cards
EVGA will only release reference versions of its products, NVIDIA reference spec and clock, to the Step-Up program.
Products known to have a limited availability will not be made available to the Step-Up program. (Limited availability determined by EVGA.)
Read the underlined.
Edited by Masked - 3/24/11 at 12:47pm
post #19 of 30
Thread Starter 
I hadn't planned on getting a 590 when I bought my 570... I am however in position 30 on my step up to a 580... I emailed them today to see if it was possible so I could cancel it and start over with the 590... I guess I shouldn't have posted my findings on ocn... Sorry everyone
The Gibson
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-6600k Gigabyte GA=Z170X MSI 980ti G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
240GB SSD 1TB WD Black HDD 128mb cache LG Blu-Ray Burner Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3011 Dell 30 inch 1600p Logitech 920 Illuminated EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80 Plua Platinum Certified... Thermaltake Chaser Series Chaser MK-I 
Mouse
Logitech Performance MX 
  hide details  
The Gibson
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-6600k Gigabyte GA=Z170X MSI 980ti G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
240GB SSD 1TB WD Black HDD 128mb cache LG Blu-Ray Burner Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
3011 Dell 30 inch 1600p Logitech 920 Illuminated EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80 Plua Platinum Certified... Thermaltake Chaser Series Chaser MK-I 
Mouse
Logitech Performance MX 
  hide details  
post #20 of 30
Rofl @ nerd fight/rage. You guys made my luck break, i thank you
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › No 590 GTX Step-up from EVGA