Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › So I just got some Ripjaws...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

So I just got some Ripjaws...

post #1 of 19
Thread Starter 
Switched from like 5xx 2gb ddr2 ram.
Pretty big difference.
I got this set
I have yet to overclock it.


Can anyone tell me how, and tips etc. on getting the most out of this ram?

So I got 6-8-6-24 1T at a voltage of 1.7
Sound good?
Edited by Shomiyamu! - 3/24/11 at 6:44pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 19
Try and get the timings to 6-8-6
post #3 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
Try and get the timings to 6-8-6
Blazing fast response lol.
Any voltage bump in doing that?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 19
Usually not I think (not as experienced with the Ripjaws as I am with the equivalent ECOs), but if you do it'll probably work at 1.65
post #5 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
Usually not I think (not as experienced with the Ripjaws as I am with the equivalent ECOs), but if you do it'll probably work at 1.65
So I got it to work at 1.68, I might try going lower, but I was in a hurry lol
(I can't get it at 1.65 lol it goes in intervals of .02)

Few questions.
1.Max voltage?
2.I have a c2 rev with that "crappy" memory controller, anything affected?
3.command rate is better at 1t right?
4.that's about the tightest ram settings i can safely get right?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 19
1. 1.75V
2. May need a bit more DRAM voltage than most others... and running 4 DIMMs at 1600Mhz would be not possible
3. Yes, 2T is usually more stable though esp. with this kit
4. You could try 6-7-6 but likely it won't be stable (though in some cases due to IC binning it is); since you said you're in a hurry I don't recommend you try it now, if the timings are unstable you might not boot and need to go into your PC and perform a CMOS reset which can be pretty time-consuming sometimes
post #7 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771 View Post
1. 1.75V
2. May need a bit more DRAM voltage than most others... and running 4 DIMMs at 1600Mhz would be not possible
3. Yes, 2T is usually more stable though esp. with this kit
4. You could try 6-7-6 but likely it won't be stable (though in some cases due to IC binning it is); since you said you're in a hurry I don't recommend you try it now, if the timings are unstable you might not boot and need to go into your PC and perform a CMOS reset which can be pretty time-consuming sometimes
Alright, thanks for the help.
I'm just gonna leave it at 6-8-6 for now.
+rep on all posts
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 19
I have those sticks.. Mine will do 1600 mhz 6-8-6.. I have them at 2133 mhz 9-11-9 ... Rock solid stable.
post #9 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capwn View Post
I have those sticks.. Mine will do 1600 mhz 6-8-6.. I have them at 2133 mhz 9-11-9 ... Rock solid stable.
ur on a intel setup though. The imc on the i series processors is way better then the amd imc.
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 2 555 gigabyte 790xta ud4p 8800gtx sli vmod 4 gigs 1600 ridgeback 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
ocz vertex 2  Custom loop.  950 watt rosewill ;p Nzxt nemesis modded to hell and back 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 2 555 gigabyte 790xta ud4p 8800gtx sli vmod 4 gigs 1600 ridgeback 6-8-6-24 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
ocz vertex 2  Custom loop.  950 watt rosewill ;p Nzxt nemesis modded to hell and back 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 19
Thread Starter 
Ah, 1 more question.
If I raise the fsb when overclocking, do I lower ram multiplier accordingly?
Or can I just leave it and it'll be awesome?

Oh yeah lol
Any VRM problems with high RAM voltage?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii x4 945 3.6ghz@1.375 ga-880gma-ud2h -sniff- integrated. 2x2 ripjaws cl6 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › So I just got some Ripjaws...