Originally Posted by almighty15
Apply water cooling to both cards...
6990 will hit 1Ghz and be safe at that all day, Every day.
Water cooling won't make the 590's VRM's magically handle more current...
A big selling point for these cards is masses of hidden potential.
And the 6990 just has more of it....
As I said in the original review thread.... the only argument you have against the 6990 is the noise it makes.
A part from that one little detail it's better..... The 590 hasn't taken away it's crown of being the fastest graphics card on the planet.
I numbered your "points" and responded...
1) Straw man, this isn't a thread about the 6990.
2) Nobody ever said water cooling would make the VRM magically handle more current.
3) No it's not...If you'd educated yourself at all, the biggest selling point of the 590 was that it was QUIET.
4) Nobody cares because this thread is about the 590's drivers being partially//mostly to blame for it's heat issues and they are.
5) Again this isn't a 6990 vs 590 discussion so, going to be relevant or straw man more?
6) Again, not the point of this thread...
All you do is smoke and mirror the entire argument...Care to discuss something actually relevant to this thread?