Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Help UN-rooting galaxy S 2.1-update1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help UN-rooting galaxy S 2.1-update1 - Page 2

post #11 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRloaded View Post
you will need to flash the original rom over the one you have
Possible to flash Sprint's 2.2 over and skip the step? And I still don't know how to do this either... guess I'll have to do some reading.
BoS Terminal
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4440 ASRock Z87E-ITX MSI OC GTX 760 4GB x 2 G.Skill RipJaw 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial 240GB SSD Gelid Silent Fans Windows 8.1 55" LED Samsung 3D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K400 Corsiar RM650 CM Elite 130 m ITX Logitech G700S 
Audio
Logitech G930 or 5.1 Home Theater Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
BoS Terminal
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4440 ASRock Z87E-ITX MSI OC GTX 760 4GB x 2 G.Skill RipJaw 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial 240GB SSD Gelid Silent Fans Windows 8.1 55" LED Samsung 3D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K400 Corsiar RM650 CM Elite 130 m ITX Logitech G700S 
Audio
Logitech G930 or 5.1 Home Theater Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualhYbrid View Post
Does not work, root is below that software
This is sort of true, what he means is download one of samsungs updates and run it, should overwrite everthing (including the root). I'm not sure what its called (HTC call them RUU's) so you'll have to find them yourself but it will work.

Good luck

@everybody who's saying try another rom, for all we know the OP could be sending it in for warranty purposes so just answer his question.
post #13 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post
This is sort of true, what he means is download one of samsungs updates and run it, should overwrite everthing (including the root). I'm not sure what its called (HTC call them RUU's) so you'll have to find them yourself but it will work.

Good luck

@everybody who's saying try another rom, for all we know the OP could be sending it in for warranty purposes so just answer his question.
He said he wanted to unroot it just to install froyo. Only reason I mentioned gingerbread roms is because while they still have a few issues gingerbread overall kicks the crap out of froyo.
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
Reply
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
Reply
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by scyy View Post
He said he wanted to unroot it just to install froyo. Only reason I mentioned gingerbread roms is because while they still have a few issues gingerbread overall kicks the crap out of froyo.
Maybe he wants to go the official route? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that... afterall he has already rooted. Just help him, don't condemn his answer (you can try to sway them towards doing it but thats all).
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeyjoe View Post
Maybe he wants to go the official route? There is absolutely nothing wrong with that... afterall he has already rooted. Just help him, don't condemn his answer (you can try to sway them towards doing it but thats all).
Where did I condemn his answer? I told him I didn't know how to unroot his specific phone but I made a mention that since he is already rooted he could try a custom rom since it really isn't all that hard to do. I really don't see why I seem to have offended you, I was just giving him my opinion and I never once told him he was stupid or anything for going the official route, just gave him an alternative that many consider better. 2.3 alone makes it worth it to check out imo at least. I even said in my original post sorry I can't help with the question at hand and he asked for further information.
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
Reply
3930k
(20 items)
 
  
Reply
post #16 of 16
just get your stock 2,2 rom and use odin. I prefer froyo to gingerbread, at least froyo everything works the way they should, and custom roms are faster than 2.3.
Froggy
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700k Asus PRIME z270-A MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair LPX vengeance 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 250GB Nocthua D14 Win 10 PRO 64bit 24" Asus VS248H-P 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" Asus VS248H-P Corsair K70 EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair Carbide 300r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair Simitar X-ray Thunder 8 Fiio e10 Shure HE215 
AudioAudioOther
AKG K550 Samson Go-mic Raser Nostromo 
  hide details  
Reply
Froggy
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-7700k Asus PRIME z270-A MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair LPX vengeance 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 250GB Nocthua D14 Win 10 PRO 64bit 24" Asus VS248H-P 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
24" Asus VS248H-P Corsair K70 EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Corsair Carbide 300r 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Corsair Simitar X-ray Thunder 8 Fiio e10 Shure HE215 
AudioAudioOther
AKG K550 Samson Go-mic Raser Nostromo 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › Help UN-rooting galaxy S 2.1-update1