Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club - Page 336

post #3351 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKHunt View Post

ah that was not an undervolt actually. That was the original shipping voltage of the 590s.
Welcome biggrin.gif

Thank you! It was frustrating, no matter what driver I installed they were locked at .913, and I wasn't about to flash a BIOS and void my warranty, I didn't want to do that just yet. eVGA had real nice support biggrin.gif
post #3352 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKHunt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semedar View Post

Hey guys, sorry for the trouble, but for the wired Nvidia 3D Vision glasses, will any USB to Mini / Micro USB cable work? Or do you need the official Nvidia USB cable for the glasses? biggrin.gif

Can't speak from experience, but I'd bet any cable can work. It's pretty hard to call it USB when the plugs are different from the standard tongue.gif

Thanks hopefully any generic USB cable will work. thumb.gif Just bought the last pair on NewEgg as an Open Box. biggrin.gif

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814998034R
post #3353 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semedar View Post

Thanks hopefully any generic USB cable will work. thumb.gif Just bought the last pair on NewEgg as an Open Box. biggrin.gif
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814998034R

Holy reasonable price batman. If I had dropped the $$ on a 120Hz monitor I would be sooooooooo jelly.
Teatime
(14 items)
 
Epic $620 Build
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Z170 Classified OG Titan x2 Trident V 3000 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SM951 512 + 840Pro 256 + others Raystorm, PMP-500, EK-FCTitan x2, 10 fans of rad Win10 Pro x64  Multi ASUS PB278Q / 85Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Maxkeyboards x8 Purple Corsair AX1200i Enthoo Primo SE (Red) Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudio
Desk TiHD + DT770Pro/250 +LDMkII 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ X6 ASUS M4A88T-M Sapphire HD 6870 G.SKILL Sniper LV 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Green 1TB Some LG Thing Hyper 212+ Win 7 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung 173v Antec 430D Rosewill mATX Cheapie 
  hide details  
Reply
Teatime
(14 items)
 
Epic $620 Build
(11 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700k Z170 Classified OG Titan x2 Trident V 3000 16gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SM951 512 + 840Pro 256 + others Raystorm, PMP-500, EK-FCTitan x2, 10 fans of rad Win10 Pro x64  Multi ASUS PB278Q / 85Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Maxkeyboards x8 Purple Corsair AX1200i Enthoo Primo SE (Red) Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudio
Desk TiHD + DT770Pro/250 +LDMkII 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 960T Zosma @ X6 ASUS M4A88T-M Sapphire HD 6870 G.SKILL Sniper LV 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Green 1TB Some LG Thing Hyper 212+ Win 7 Pro x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung 173v Antec 430D Rosewill mATX Cheapie 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3354 of 5154
lol, I just realized that I never got accepted in the OP. Page 272, post 5 was my proof.
post #3355 of 5154
590 in 3Dvision runs like a charm.

Except BF3 where I have to take down some things. I personally play BF3 everything high and disable all the AA.

Get around 50 FPS.
post #3356 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

590 in 3Dvision runs like a charm.
Except BF3 where I have to take down some things. I personally play BF3 everything high and disable all the AA.
Get around 50 FPS.

Nice man! I have wanted to get a 3D Vision monitor for a while now, but I want to wait until some more of the LightBoost compatible ones come out. I am very eager to get a 3D Vision 2 kit. I wanna play some 3D, although I'm not a fan of 3D on the TV. Are the games in 3D easy on the eyes? I haven't tested it at all, so I would be purchasing on the hope that I like it.
post #3357 of 5154
I personally feel 3D is a bit of gimick. I tried it on my samsung SA950 and it's pretty good (With some games) but it's not worth halving your performance for. I prefer gaming at 120Hz, far more satisfying.

With everything on ultra I get about 60-40 fps depending on the map and where I am. I'm waiting for some watercooling stuff and then I'm going to overclock my cpu. I read somewhere that my cpu is a bottle neck right now at stock speeds :/
Simplicity
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k Asus Maximus IV extreme asus 780 corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ocz Agility 3 Crucial C300 Crucial C300 Asus BC-12B1LT 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H70 Windows 8 Pro x64 Samsung SyncMaster SA950 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000 NZXT Phantom Logitech G5 Razer Mantis 
Audio
Asus D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k Asus Maximus IV extreme asus 780 corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ocz Agility 3 Crucial C300 Crucial C300 Asus BC-12B1LT 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H70 Windows 8 Pro x64 Samsung SyncMaster SA950 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000 NZXT Phantom Logitech G5 Razer Mantis 
Audio
Asus D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3358 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnz View Post

Nice man! I have wanted to get a 3D Vision monitor for a while now, but I want to wait until some more of the LightBoost compatible ones come out. I am very eager to get a 3D Vision 2 kit. I wanna play some 3D, although I'm not a fan of 3D on the TV. Are the games in 3D easy on the eyes? I haven't tested it at all, so I would be purchasing on the hope that I like it.

Never ever game on a TV as the TVs dont support 3Dvision but only supports 3Dtvplay which is mediocre at best. Due to HDMI 1.4a restrictions in 3Dtvplay you can game in 1080p @ 24 fps or 720p @ 60 fps, both are horrible.

Of course if you are going to get the monitor wait for a good Lightboost one. Asus is supposed to be good with his new 27 inch but some of them are broken. The built in emitters dont work so its better to wait a bit more.

When i started playing in 3Dvision i set the depth at 15% which is the default depth and in time i took it up to 100%. I have no eye problems or anything else. Its just about getting used to it.

Also not every game has a quality 3d rating. Check this out. http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-games.html

Definitely aim for games that are rated good or higher. I actualy never played a game that says poor but i played some games that are not recommended and yeah they are not recommended for a reason.

So far I personally played

Just Cause 2, Battlefield 3, Bad Company 2, Black Ops, Trine, Homefront, Fallout New Vegas, The Witcher and Orcs Must die, and let me put it that way, when i switched back to 2D I can not stand thos games anymore biggrin.gif
post #3359 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Image132 View Post

I personally feel 3D is a bit of gimick. I tried it on my samsung SA950 and it's pretty good (With some games) but it's not worth halving your performance for. I prefer gaming at 120Hz, far more satisfying.
With everything on ultra I get about 60-40 fps depending on the map and where I am. I'm waiting for some watercooling stuff and then I'm going to overclock my cpu. I read somewhere that my cpu is a bottle neck right now at stock speeds :/

I feel you bro

Even playing games in 60 fps in 3d it doesnt feel as smooth as 60 fps in 2d, but i just love the feeling it gives me.

Its an evolving technology and i hope in the future it gets better...

God bless my 590 really. With a single 570 i used to have things were not as good.
post #3360 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

I feel you bro
Even playing games in 60 fps in 3d it doesnt feel as smooth as 60 fps in 2d, but i just love the feeling it gives me.
Its an evolving technology and i hope in the future it gets better...
God bless my 590 really. With a single 570 i used to have things were not as good.

Yeah you could be right. I mean when I first tried 3d I wasn't expecting anything amazing but I tried mass effect 2 and new vegas and I literaly went "wow" then I got lag (Witcher 2) and sorta left it. 120Hz smooth is good enough for me biggrin.gif

Maybe when gpu's get enough horsepower to run it and it evolves a bit more I'll give it a go again.
Simplicity
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k Asus Maximus IV extreme asus 780 corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ocz Agility 3 Crucial C300 Crucial C300 Asus BC-12B1LT 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H70 Windows 8 Pro x64 Samsung SyncMaster SA950 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000 NZXT Phantom Logitech G5 Razer Mantis 
Audio
Asus D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k Asus Maximus IV extreme asus 780 corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ocz Agility 3 Crucial C300 Crucial C300 Asus BC-12B1LT 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H70 Windows 8 Pro x64 Samsung SyncMaster SA950 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000 NZXT Phantom Logitech G5 Razer Mantis 
Audio
Asus D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club