Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club - Page 377

post #3761 of 5154
590 club is fairly exclusive.... we can handle questions of any type... lol
 
Tragbar
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X Asus Crosshair VI Hero Nvidia Geforce Titan X F4-3600C15D-16GTZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Combined: 6.13 TB of space Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 M4-CT128M4SSD2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-Supremacy EVO White Edition PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT EK-RES X4 250 (R2.0) Reservoir EK-CoolStream XE 360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-Vardar F4-120ER (2200rpm)  EK-Ekoolant EVO Liquid Coolant EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM Pump Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG278H Ducky YOTG Keyboard Corsair AX1200 Corsair Obsidian 800D 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G700s Schiit Gungnir Multibit Schiit Mjolnir 2 Schiit LISST 
Audio
Audeze LCD 2 - pre fazor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4770K ASRock Z87E-ITX Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan X GSkill F3-2400C10D-16GTX R 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Silverstone 12.7mm Slot Load Blu-Ray Burner Noctua NH-L12 Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorCaseAudioAudio
LG PA75U Slim LED Projector Silverstone SG08 Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
AudioOther
AKG Q701 Headphones Pelican 1510 Green Case  
  hide details  
Reply
 
Tragbar
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X Asus Crosshair VI Hero Nvidia Geforce Titan X F4-3600C15D-16GTZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Combined: 6.13 TB of space Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 M4-CT128M4SSD2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-Supremacy EVO White Edition PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT EK-RES X4 250 (R2.0) Reservoir EK-CoolStream XE 360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-Vardar F4-120ER (2200rpm)  EK-Ekoolant EVO Liquid Coolant EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM Pump Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG278H Ducky YOTG Keyboard Corsair AX1200 Corsair Obsidian 800D 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G700s Schiit Gungnir Multibit Schiit Mjolnir 2 Schiit LISST 
Audio
Audeze LCD 2 - pre fazor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4770K ASRock Z87E-ITX Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan X GSkill F3-2400C10D-16GTX R 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Silverstone 12.7mm Slot Load Blu-Ray Burner Noctua NH-L12 Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorCaseAudioAudio
LG PA75U Slim LED Projector Silverstone SG08 Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
AudioOther
AKG Q701 Headphones Pelican 1510 Green Case  
  hide details  
Reply
post #3762 of 5154
Haha. right on... i feel special now biggrin.gif
Jesktop
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x Noctua D14 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG278HE Logitech MX3100 Wireless Keyboard Corsair AX860 Antec Eleven Hundred 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX3100 Wireless Mouse steelseries Boston 
  hide details  
Reply
Jesktop
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 980 Ti Hybrid Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x Noctua D14 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VG278HE Logitech MX3100 Wireless Keyboard Corsair AX860 Antec Eleven Hundred 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX3100 Wireless Mouse steelseries Boston 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3763 of 5154
Guys i regret to inform you very very sad news indeed. As i finished my leak testing yesterday i was extraordinarily happy when the time got to start testing with my computer turned on.

Everything went fine but my computer did not recognized the second Video Card and i said "Well it has to be that it does not have the drivers for it yet" So i started downloading the drivers and the most bizarre thing happened. The computer shutted down itself and then turned on again but when it did it fried something out of my Slot 1 video card since i saw smoke coming out from it.... i immediatelly turned the computer off but i think it was too late

You dont know how bad i feel about this, i have been you know trying to set up this whole mess of water cooling and purchased a bunch of stuff so that i could be ready to watercool my system and this happens....

Hard facts:

* I was using a OZC ZX 1000W PSU (suggested to my by a fellow overclocker that has the same configuration as mine and has worked fine for him for loke a year now) Do you think the PSU was responsible for this?
* NO LEAKS were present when i the testing and my loop was completely well contained
* When i took apart the card that fried (i removed the waterblock) i found out that there was close to no remains of Thermal Paste in the GPU area of the waterblock. I feel like the waterblock was not even touching the GPU right
* When i reconnected the Video Card to my computer with the Air Cooler the LED Logo of the video card starts blinking (this did not happened before)

Guys, what do you think i did wrong?

Can the Video card get repaired by someone?

thanks for your support im a little down for this
ATLAS
(23 items)
 
  
Reply
ATLAS
(23 items)
 
  
Reply
post #3764 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennybrig View Post

Guys i regret to inform you very very sad news indeed. As i finished my leak testing yesterday i was extraordinarily happy when the time got to start testing with my computer turned on.
Everything went fine but my computer did not recognized the second Video Card and i said "Well it has to be that it does not have the drivers for it yet" So i started downloading the drivers and the most bizarre thing happened. The computer shutted down itself and then turned on again but when it did it fried something out of my Slot 1 video card since i saw smoke coming out from it.... i immediatelly turned the computer off but i think it was too late
You dont know how bad i feel about this, i have been you know trying to set up this whole mess of water cooling and purchased a bunch of stuff so that i could be ready to watercool my system and this happens....
Hard facts:
* I was using a OZC ZX 1000W PSU (suggested to my by a fellow overclocker that has the same configuration as mine and has worked fine for him for loke a year now) Do you think the PSU was responsible for this?
* NO LEAKS were present when i the testing and my loop was completely well contained
* When i took apart the card that fried (i removed the waterblock) i found out that there was close to no remains of Thermal Paste in the GPU area of the waterblock. I feel like the waterblock was not even touching the GPU right
* When i reconnected the Video Card to my computer with the Air Cooler the LED Logo of the video card starts blinking (this did not happened before)
Guys, what do you think i did wrong?
Can the Video card get repaired by someone?
thanks for your support im a little down for this

Can I just get this straight. Was this the first time you powered on the machine after building it or something? I ask because you say you were leak testing it (without the machine on?) then were happy to turn it on, and when you did, the machine didn't recognise the second 590.

I can only assume that the 'shut down and turning itself back on' was a driver crash, probably due to the primary card overheating.

I would assume that there was possibly no flow, or a large enough air pocket that it's fried your top card (or like you say, no TIM on the waterblock).

Were you monitoring the temperatures at all?
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3765 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizonian View Post

Though I'm not in the club, I've followed it since it's release and any discussion about the 590 is the right place to discuss anything any 590 owner might have.
Denny your in the right place and just ignore comments that don't completely iterate the answer to your question because one person doesn't speak for the club. I can attest to most of the 590 club members are very good people and always have been willing to help where their knowledge could assist another 590 member.
grouphug.gif Can't we all just get along? grouphug.gif

Why is everyone pointing at me -- It's a very simple concept of water pressure...If an air pocket big enough develops, the continual pressure on the back end cannot push through the pocket because of it's residual difference with the location -- So you shake it and the bubble isn't "stuck" anymore.

That's literally like 6th grade science -- I wasn't being mean, I was simply pointing out exactly what to do...Besides the fact that the above should be common sense, I haven't been mean to anyone in a very long time...Not about to start with random person 01.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennybrig View Post

Guys i regret to inform you very very sad news indeed. As i finished my leak testing yesterday i was extraordinarily happy when the time got to start testing with my computer turned on.
Everything went fine but my computer did not recognized the second Video Card and i said "Well it has to be that it does not have the drivers for it yet" So i started downloading the drivers and the most bizarre thing happened. The computer shutted down itself and then turned on again but when it did it fried something out of my Slot 1 video card since i saw smoke coming out from it.... i immediatelly turned the computer off but i think it was too late
You dont know how bad i feel about this, i have been you know trying to set up this whole mess of water cooling and purchased a bunch of stuff so that i could be ready to watercool my system and this happens....
Hard facts:
* I was using a OZC ZX 1000W PSU (suggested to my by a fellow overclocker that has the same configuration as mine and has worked fine for him for loke a year now) Do you think the PSU was responsible for this?
* NO LEAKS were present when i the testing and my loop was completely well contained
* When i took apart the card that fried (i removed the waterblock) i found out that there was close to no remains of Thermal Paste in the GPU area of the waterblock. I feel like the waterblock was not even touching the GPU right
* When i reconnected the Video Card to my computer with the Air Cooler the LED Logo of the video card starts blinking (this did not happened before)
Guys, what do you think i did wrong?
Can the Video card get repaired by someone?
thanks for your support im a little down for this

There is only 1 possibility...You somehow grounded your card.

How do you ground your card? Water was on the card OR you didn't put the block on properly.

It can't be anything else -- I happen to be the king of blowing cards up and been there, done that -- Nvidia gave me a T-Shirt somewhere (not joking).

I've found that regardless if the water is non-conductive or conductive, if there's enough spread out over a distance, it still allows a ground. -- I've tested this at length and...In my book, it's a fact.

Bottom line, it's either or...If there's no water on the card, you didn't put the block on right.

That's the only way what you explained could have happened because overheat cap is at 100c. -- You say it smoked, which means it sparked out which means, it's dead.

It was obviously an accident but, it still happened.

I'm leaning on, you didn't put the block on properly -- This is what most people do wrong the first few times -- Maybe you didn't use thermal paste where you should have...Who knows, I can't see it but, the card for all intents and purposes, is dead.

If you'd like to call me and I can walk you through how to get an RMA, I'll more than happily do that but, if you have anything but an EVGA and say what happened above, your warranty will be denied.
post #3766 of 5154
OK Masked thanks for the insight, you know i was also thinking that i did something wrong with the waterblock but, you know the computer started and everything ran fine for the first minutes.
I was monitoring the temps of course and they were in the 60s when this happened
I think that something worked out wrong, its kind of sad, maybe my little watercooling experiment was done over too much dough (i mean each card costs frakking $600 dlls)

But well, i think that life goes on and maybe watercooling is not for me, i dont know, maybe im just to stupid as to put the water block even thou i followed the instructions by the letter.

By what im understanding on your reponse Masked there is no way this card can come back to life again.
ATLAS
(23 items)
 
  
Reply
ATLAS
(23 items)
 
  
Reply
post #3767 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennybrig View Post

OK Masked thanks for the insight, you know i was also thinking that i did something wrong with the waterblock but, you know the computer started and everything ran fine for the first minutes.
I was monitoring the temps of course and they were in the 60s when this happened
I think that something worked out wrong, its kind of sad, maybe my little watercooling experiment was done over too much dough (i mean each card costs frakking $600 dlls)
But well, i think that life goes on and maybe watercooling is not for me, i dont know, maybe im just to stupid as to put the water block even thou i followed the instructions by the letter.
By what im understanding on your reponse Masked there is no way this card can come back to life again.

No, you fried out the secondary caps by the VRM's -- It's as dead as a doorknob.

I strictly water-cool now and my first time, I friend out a 5k$ PC ~ It happens to everyone.

I don't mean to be a...blank...about this but, if you had put the block on right, it wouldn't be dead atm.

Thermal contact would not have caused this card to die at 60c -- It's just not possible --

Personally, I think it's more likely that you got water on the card, didn't know it and just fried it out that way -- that's much more likely than putting it on wrong...BUT, if you mounted it at an angle and something was making contact -- Same end.

ALSO If you put a back-plate on the card, aftermarket, and didn't use the spacers -- The ground would only occur when you stressed the card because for the voltage to carry over, it would have to be "stressed"...
post #3768 of 5154
Did you leak test the system prior to powering up the entire system? (just run the pump and watch for leaks over an extended period of time)

Did you eventually get all the air out?
post #3769 of 5154
Yes i did the leak testing before putting power on the system
And no, there is no 100 percent way to be sure you dont have air in the system
ATLAS
(23 items)
 
  
Reply
ATLAS
(23 items)
 
  
Reply
post #3770 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennybrig View Post

Yes i did the leak testing before putting power on the system
And no, there is no 100 percent way to be sure you dont have air in the system

yes there is...but not going to argue. (we are talking about air pockets and not tiny bubbles)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club