Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club - Page 381

post #3801 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfeZZor X View Post

What is that white gelatenous looking stuff settled inside the bottom of your reservoir?

temporary filter...synthetic mesh. Didn't quite turn out the way I wanted to. It will be coming out when I add a couple of items to the build.
post #3802 of 5154
iARDAs no it will be fine even at the stock 3.3ghz.
My computer
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k  Asus Sabertooth X79 Gigabyte G1 1080 Gigabyte G1 1080 
RAMHard DriveCoolingMonitor
16gb ddr3  OCZ Vertex 3  Noctura D-14 ASUS MG279Q 
Power
Corsair TX850 
  hide details  
Reply
My computer
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
3930k  Asus Sabertooth X79 Gigabyte G1 1080 Gigabyte G1 1080 
RAMHard DriveCoolingMonitor
16gb ddr3  OCZ Vertex 3  Noctura D-14 ASUS MG279Q 
Power
Corsair TX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3803 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by emett View Post

iARDAs no it will be fine even at the stock 3.3ghz.

Thank you bro. thumb.gif
post #3804 of 5154
The 590 is gone. Sorry fellas - I've moved to the Red team. Could well be back if Kepler is a blinder though!
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3805 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smo View Post

The 590 is gone. Sorry fellas - I've moved to the Red team. Could well be back if Kepler is a blinder though!

Which GPU did u get?
post #3806 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smo View Post

The 590 is gone. Sorry fellas - I've moved to the Red team. Could well be back if Kepler is a blinder though!

You know...Considering the "670" is already rumored to be better than the 7970 ~ I find it interesting that people are swapping in droves.

Especially given the driver issues ATI fans have had lately ~ I would've thought you guys would wait...

Very interesting.
post #3807 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

Which GPU did u get?

I decided on 2x MSI 7970s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

You know...Considering the "670" is already rumored to be better than the 7970 ~ I find it interesting that people are swapping in droves.
Especially given the driver issues ATI fans have had lately ~ I would've thought you guys would wait...
Very interesting.

Only real reason is I want to give them a try mate, that's all. Like I say - if Kepler are better performers then I'll be back. I just want to dip my toe in the water so that I have some experience with GPUs. I also find driver issues interesting considering that not everybody is effected by the same issues with the same driver sets, it seems like a lottery!

After all I can't really say which company I prefer until I've actually been there and done it, you know? I won't be terribly bothered if I can't get on with the 7970s, I'll just move on to something else and learn from it.

The thing is rumours aren't really enough for me to base a decision on. I chose the 7970s because the performance that they've been proven to give is pretty astounding! However I respect you and your knowledge greatly so I'm always interested in hearing what you have to say.

Just trying new things smile.gif
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3808 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smo View Post

I decided on 2x MSI 7970s.
Only real reason is I want to give them a try mate, that's all. Like I say - if Kepler are better performers then I'll be back. I just want to dip my toe in the water so that I have some experience with GPUs. I also find driver issues interesting considering that not everybody is effected by the same issues with the same driver sets, it seems like a lottery!
After all I can't really say which company I prefer until I've actually been there and done it, you know? I won't be terribly bothered if I can't get on with the 7970s, I'll just move on to something else and learn from it.
The thing is rumours aren't really enough for me to base a decision on. I chose the 7970s because the performance that they've been proven to give is pretty astounding! However I respect you and your knowledge greatly so I'm always interested in hearing what you have to say.
Just trying new things smile.gif
I'm not pointing fingers or moderately perturbed, I understand where you're coming from and I get it.

I just find it interesting that so many people are swapping on the cusp of a major release --

While Nvidia's currently having transistor issues, AMD had far more (They weren't as public) and still, many people are swapping to the 7970's ~ I just find that to be very interesting.
post #3809 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post

I'm not pointing fingers or moderately perturbed, I understand where you're coming from and I get it.
I just find it interesting that so many people are swapping on the cusp of a major release --
While Nvidia's currently having transistor issues, AMD had far more (They weren't as public) and still, many people are swapping to the 7970's ~ I just find that to be very interesting.

Yeah I see your point. I think that it's because NVIDIA have been so hush hush about the whole thing and the release date while drawing ever near is still uncertain. You know what they say - people fear what they don't know. Maybe it's a comfort thing.

I'm going to keep a close eye on what NVIDIA bring to the table. As frustrated as I was at times with the 590, it's a fantastic piece of hardware. Even so, I was always slightly annoyed by the fact that it wasn't what it could be, and felt a little let down by it. Whereas on the flipside, the 7970 seems to be the card that keeps on giving at the moment. Even people who are disappointed with their overclock are still getting ~200MHz over stock without a voltage bump.
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3810 of 5154
Have fun with your new toys bro. It is a good setup still...

So far a single 590 really makes me happy. I gave up on 3D gaming due to most games that i love are terrible or have minor issues that bug you so bad. So a 590 for 1080p 2d gaming is just fantastic for me.

I cant do 2d Surround as i dont have enough space. If i had space i would add another 590 but thats not going to happen.

Hey Masked, do you have any ideas if kepler will have 2 gpu single cards like a 690 ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club