Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club - Page 404

post #4031 of 5154
I am as disappointed as the next 590 owner in regards to the underwhelming performance of the 590. For myself, I take some pride in knowing that it still is the best single card solution out right now. It beats the 7970 and will edge out the 680. I have no more hope for any improvement of the 590, but it's ok, it still rocks!

What I am waiting for now is a dual-gpu card that can maintain 120fps in BF3 (might as well say BF4 in terms of time) so I can bump to a future max res monitor running 120hz.

I could care less what GPU comes out this year. I run BF3 maxed at 1920 at a vsyned 60fps. Give me a 2-slot gpu that will force me to get a 120hz monitor, I will have money ready to throw at it.

I guess it's safe to say that the GTX790 is next on my plate.
Jesktop
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hydrocopper  Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream PE 120 (Single) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block White Edition ... Windows 10 Home 64bit Asus PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX860 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioOther
steelseries Boston Kaze Scythe 12x Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Jesktop
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hydrocopper  Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream PE 120 (Single) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block White Edition ... Windows 10 Home 64bit Asus PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX860 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioOther
steelseries Boston Kaze Scythe 12x Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4032 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post

I just did my first ever OC today for my 590

Core Clock is now 637 (5% more than stock core)

my 3Dmark11 score moved to 9560 from 9200

I did not notice any temperature changes.

I wonder if it is safe to say that this is a stable OC?

Temps?

I can run at 685 core, but my temps hit 84C at 95% fan. I prefer a 650 core with a temp of 79C at 85% fan.
Jesktop
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hydrocopper  Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream PE 120 (Single) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block White Edition ... Windows 10 Home 64bit Asus PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX860 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioOther
steelseries Boston Kaze Scythe 12x Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Jesktop
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hydrocopper  Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream PE 120 (Single) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block White Edition ... Windows 10 Home 64bit Asus PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX860 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioOther
steelseries Boston Kaze Scythe 12x Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4033 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recipe7 View Post

I am as disappointed as the next 590 owner in regards to the underwhelming performance of the 590. For myself, I take some pride in knowing that it still is the best single card solution out right now. It beats the 7970 and will edge out the 680. I have no more hope for any improvement of the 590, but it's ok, it still rocks!
What I am waiting for now is a dual-gpu card that can maintain 120fps in BF3 (might as well say BF4 in terms of time) so I can bump to a future max res monitor running 120hz.
I could care less what GPU comes out this year. I run BF3 maxed at 1920 at a vsyned 60fps. Give me a 2-slot gpu that will force me to get a 120hz monitor, I will have money ready to throw at it.
I guess it's safe to say that the GTX790 is next on my plate.


you and me... will probably do that next step at the same time.

 

i need at least a 50% increase in performance to make the jump and have the " WOW " factor.

post #4034 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recipe7 View Post


Temps?
I can run at 685 core, but my temps hit 84C at 95% fan. I prefer a 650 core with a temp of 79C at 85% fan.


My temp is actually the same, i didnt notice a single different. Though i did not change my voltage... Are you on 685 mhz with the stock voltage?

 

also do you OC the memory clock as well or leave it be?

post #4035 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by kzinti1 View Post



How can the price drop lower than EOL, and no longer produced? EVGA doesn't even list them any longer.
If you know where to buy more of these 590's then it's your obligation to tell your fellow Forumites here where they are.
Are you also saying Nvidia has plans to relax the voltage limits on these cards or are they going to re-release them with the proper components that can safely use higher volts?
We all know that these cards are capable already of so much more than Nvidia will allow, so if they are going to allow us to use what we've already paid for, then how are they going to go about it? Driver workarounds or new BIOS' straight from the factory?
As I've said before, Nvidia has screwed every single one of us over by making these cards underperform and also made liars of EVGA since they can't let us overvolt these GTX590 Classifieds as they said we could when they first sold us these cards.


I was speaking about the market price, actually...Not NIB...

The 590 was a limited release, there aren't any more nib...

And beyond that, I can't comment...
post #4036 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post



you and me... will probably do that next step at the same time.

i need at least a 50% increase in performance to make the jump and have the " WOW " factor.

As stupid as it is... I want that time to come now. I've dreamed of gaming at 120hz... but with today's hardware, you have to go tri or quad sli and spend 2000USD for some crazy setup with WC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post



My temp is actually the same, i didnt notice a single different. Though i did not change my voltage... Are you on 685 mhz with the stock voltage?

also do you OC the memory clock as well or leave it be?

Yes, stock volts (925).

I run the clock to 1750 only. I don't see any improvement with bumping it higher than that.

The 685 runs smooth in all the games I've tried. However, it crashes in 3dmark11 50% of the time.
Jesktop
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hydrocopper  Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream PE 120 (Single) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block White Edition ... Windows 10 Home 64bit Asus PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX860 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioOther
steelseries Boston Kaze Scythe 12x Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Jesktop
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hydrocopper  Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream PE 120 (Single) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block White Edition ... Windows 10 Home 64bit Asus PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX860 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioOther
steelseries Boston Kaze Scythe 12x Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4037 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recipe7 View Post


As stupid as it is... I want that time to come now. I've dreamed of gaming at 120hz... but with today's hardware, you have to go tri or quad sli and spend 2000USD for some crazy setup with WC.
Yes, stock volts (925).
I run the clock to 1750 only. I don't see any improvement with bumping it higher than that.
The 685 runs smooth in all the games I've tried. However, it crashes in 3dmark11 50% of the time.


120 hz gaming is amazing, it really is but the problem is that some games are weird on lettin you use 120 hz. For example in Black Ops in the menu you can set that you have a 120hz monitor, but the game is locked at 90 fps. Or in Witcher 1 that i am playing now i get around 80-90 fps, but the GPU usage is around 40-50% I mean why not have it higher so i can game in 120 fps?  Half life 2 is great, Homefront is great in 120 hz but few games are being jerks about it...

 

Do you have a 120 hz monitor now? They are so great. I bought it for 3D gaming but i rarely game in3 D now.  120 hz 2d ftw.

 

Hmmm i will try to OC 10% around 670 mhz but i will only do it tomorrow when my fan finally arrives.

 

 

post #4038 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post



120 hz gaming is amazing, it really is but the problem is that some games are weird on lettin you use 120 hz. For example in Black Ops in the menu you can set that you have a 120hz monitor, but the game is locked at 90 fps. Or in Witcher 1 that i am playing now i get around 80-90 fps, but the GPU usage is around 40-50% I mean why not have it higher so i can game in 120 fps?  Half life 2 is great, Homefront is great in 120 hz but few games are being jerks about it...

Do you have a 120 hz monitor now? They are so great. I bought it for 3D gaming but i rarely game in3 D now.  120 hz 2d ftw.

Hmmm i will try to OC 10% around 670 mhz but i will only do it tomorrow when my fan finally arrives.


That's not so bad. I really wanna play counter-strike at 120fps. Can't wait till the new one comes out.

I don't have a 120hz monitor. I don't feel up to buying one just yet since I purchased my ASUS back in July (LED 1920x1080). It was to replace my aged 1650 reso dell.

I didn't consider getting a 120hz because of the price... now I obviously regret it. However, I may jump on a 2560 reso 120hz monitor if they ever come out. They will be crazy expensive though.
Jesktop
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hydrocopper  Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream PE 120 (Single) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block White Edition ... Windows 10 Home 64bit Asus PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX860 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioOther
steelseries Boston Kaze Scythe 12x Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Jesktop
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hydrocopper  Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream PE 120 (Single) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block White Edition ... Windows 10 Home 64bit Asus PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX860 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioOther
steelseries Boston Kaze Scythe 12x Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4039 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recipe7 View Post


That's not so bad. I really wanna play counter-strike at 120fps. Can't wait till the new one comes out.
I don't have a 120hz monitor. I don't feel up to buying one just yet since I purchased my ASUS back in July (LED 1920x1080). It was to replace my aged 1650 reso dell.
I didn't consider getting a 120hz because of the price... now I obviously regret it. However, I may jump on a 2560 reso 120hz monitor if they ever come out. They will be crazy expensive though.


Ah i see.. but honestly whenever you can switch for the 120 hz one, it is pure joy, Some people say they cant feel the difference but i guess my eyes are too sensitive. Are our 590s good enough for 2560 resolution? since people suggest around 2 gb vram for that kind of a resolution thats why i am asking.

post #4040 of 5154
I'm sure it is! My eyes are quite sensitive as well, I can spot fps changes easily. I know I would benefit immensely from a 120hz. In the future, sigh*.

I really don't know if it's enough as I don't have personal experience with it. But from various benchmarks, it seems the 1.5gb fairs well enough. Not so much in BF3, but any other game it isn't a problem.
Jesktop
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hydrocopper  Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream PE 120 (Single) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block White Edition ... Windows 10 Home 64bit Asus PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX860 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioOther
steelseries Boston Kaze Scythe 12x Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Jesktop
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k Asus X99 Pro USB 3.1 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hydrocopper  Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz 16gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Samsung 850 EVO Lite ON 24x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple) EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual) 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
EK-CoolStream PE 120 (Single) EK-Supremacy EVO CPU Water Block White Edition ... Windows 10 Home 64bit Asus PG279Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K800 Corsair AX860 Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudioOther
steelseries Boston Kaze Scythe 12x Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club