Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club - Page 408

post #4071 of 5154

I told it to Masked via PM and let me tell you too

 

I am changing my case from midtower to FULL TOWER

 

I ordered an Aerocool Xpredator Evil Black case

 

I should have it by monday.

 

Lets see if i will be able to assemble it ph34r-smiley.gif

 

be sure to follow my log on my signature on friday as i will be adding lots of photos and maybe videos during the process

post #4072 of 5154
Nice looking case!
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 2600k - 5.XGHz @ X.XXv] [ASUS P8P67 Pro B3] [2x MSI 7970s in Crossfire @ 1125/1650] [8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2x4GB] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
[2TB Hitachi] [Crucial M4 SSD 64GB] [Antec Kuhler H20 920] [Lian-Li BZ BZ-502B] 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[G.Skill Turbulence II RAM Cooler] [Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit] [2x BenQ XL2410T @ 120Hz] [Razer Lycosa] 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair AX1200] [Silverstone Raven RV02-EW] [Razer DeathAdder] [Razer Goliathus] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4073 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smo View Post

Nice looking case!


Masked will be happy to hear that thumbsupsmiley.png

post #4074 of 5154
I gotta agree that is an awesome looking case, if that doesn't cool your 590 nothing will.

I love my NZXT Phantom though biggrin.gif
Simplicity
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k Asus Maximus IV extreme asus 780 corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ocz Agility 3 Crucial C300 Crucial C300 Asus BC-12B1LT 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H70 Windows 8 Pro x64 Samsung SyncMaster SA950 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000 NZXT Phantom Logitech G5 Razer Mantis 
Audio
Asus D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
Simplicity
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k Asus Maximus IV extreme asus 780 corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Ocz Agility 3 Crucial C300 Crucial C300 Asus BC-12B1LT 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
H70 Windows 8 Pro x64 Samsung SyncMaster SA950 Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX1000 NZXT Phantom Logitech G5 Razer Mantis 
Audio
Asus D2X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4075 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smo View Post

Nice looking case!

They borrowed/copied/cloned our whole backbone design...The Alienware 51 Chassis...I helped design it which is why our Turkish friend says I'd welcome the compliment.

Copying is a form of flattery so, I guess so.

That being said in 30 minutes, I'll post some real evidence and give you guys some real stats -- So, hold tight.
post #4076 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post


They borrowed/copied/cloned our whole backbone design...The Alienware 51 Chassis...I helped design it which is why our Turkish friend says I'd welcome the compliment.
Copying is a form of flattery so, I guess so.
That being said in 30 minutes, I'll post some real evidence and give you guys some real stats -- So, hold tight.


When I was searching for the case tons of people also said that this case was an exact copy of an Alienware case, biggrin.gif

 

Gotta love the Taiwanese people for cloning it. How much would that Alienware 51 Case cost if it was on sale?

 

 

Besides that how many people are using their 590s with Full Tower case? 

post #4077 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post



When I was searching for the case tons of people also said that this case was an exact copy of an Alienware case, biggrin.gif

Gotta love the Taiwanese people for cloning it. How much would that Alienware 51 Case cost if it was on sale?


Besides that how many people are using their 590s with Full Tower case? 

I think it's 300$ retail -- Perhaps a bit more but, the Alienware case has hard drive "chassis" on the back section with propritary stuff...

It's a good case but, non-boutique good? No, not really.

I believe off the top of my head, there were 8 or 9 people that had dual 590's ~ I know 3 of them are on water -- The rest I'd imagine are full tower with Ex-ATX or HPTX.
post #4078 of 5154
I am in a full tower (Corsair 800D), one of the largest full towers.... with how often I am in there fiddling, all the extra space is nice. Though all my hard drive bays are occupied currently and I need more space soon....

Just make sure you don't get lazy with the cable management....
 
Tragbar
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X Asus Crosshair VI Hero Nvidia Geforce Titan X F4-3600C15D-16GTZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Combined: 6.13 TB of space Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 M4-CT128M4SSD2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-Supremacy EVO White Edition PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT EK-RES X4 250 (R2.0) Reservoir EK-CoolStream XE 360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-Vardar F4-120ER (2200rpm)  EK-Ekoolant EVO Liquid Coolant EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM Pump Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG278H Ducky YOTG Keyboard Corsair AX1200 Corsair Obsidian 800D 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G700s Schiit Gungnir Multibit Schiit Mjolnir 2 Schiit LISST 
Audio
Audeze LCD 2 - pre fazor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4770K ASRock Z87E-ITX Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan X GSkill F3-2400C10D-16GTX R 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Silverstone 12.7mm Slot Load Blu-Ray Burner Noctua NH-L12 Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorCaseAudioAudio
LG PA75U Slim LED Projector Silverstone SG08 Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
AudioOther
AKG Q701 Headphones Pelican 1510 Green Case  
  hide details  
Reply
 
Tragbar
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 1800X Asus Crosshair VI Hero Nvidia Geforce Titan X F4-3600C15D-16GTZ 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Combined: 6.13 TB of space Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB Crucial_CT1050MX300SSD1 M4-CT128M4SSD2 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-Supremacy EVO White Edition PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT EK-RES X4 250 (R2.0) Reservoir EK-CoolStream XE 360 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK-Vardar F4-120ER (2200rpm)  EK-Ekoolant EVO Liquid Coolant EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM Pump Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG278H Ducky YOTG Keyboard Corsair AX1200 Corsair Obsidian 800D 
MouseAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G700s Schiit Gungnir Multibit Schiit Mjolnir 2 Schiit LISST 
Audio
Audeze LCD 2 - pre fazor 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel i7 4770K ASRock Z87E-ITX Nvidia Geforce GTX Titan X GSkill F3-2400C10D-16GTX R 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 Pro 512GB Silverstone 12.7mm Slot Load Blu-Ray Burner Noctua NH-L12 Windows 8 Pro 
MonitorCaseAudioAudio
LG PA75U Slim LED Projector Silverstone SG08 Schiit Bifrost Schiit Asgard 2 
AudioOther
AKG Q701 Headphones Pelican 1510 Green Case  
  hide details  
Reply
post #4079 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post


I think it's 300$ retail -- Perhaps a bit more but, the Alienware case has hard drive "chassis" on the back section with propritary stuff...
It's a good case but, non-boutique good? No, not really.
I believe off the top of my head, there were 8 or 9 people that had dual 590's ~ I know 3 of them are on water -- The rest I'd imagine are full tower with Ex-ATX or HPTX.


The Aerocool one is half the price of that Alienware Chasis however I am 100% sure that Alienware used better products on building it. Aerocool is very heavy though. 16 kgs i believe.

 

Honestly cant a company take a patent for a chasis they come up with?

 

My Mid tower haf 922 was not really something that had lots of space. If i ever put another GPU it would probably touch the PSU so a Full Tower is the way to go



Quote:
Originally Posted by rush2049 View Post

I am in a full tower (Corsair 800D), one of the largest full towers.... with how often I am in there fiddling, all the extra space is nice. Though all my hard drive bays are occupied currently and I need more space soon....
Just make sure you don't get lazy with the cable management....


When i put all of the hardware in it, before firing my rig up i will handle the cable management. I got lots of holders and stuff to help me with it. I want to get it done so i dont have to worry about it later.

 

post #4080 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by iARDAs View Post



The Aerocool one is half the price of that Alienware Chasis however I am 100% sure that Alienware used better products on building it. Aerocool is very heavy though. 16 kgs i believe.

Honestly cant a company take a patent for a chasis they come up with?

My Mid tower haf 922 was not really something that had lots of space. If i ever put another GPU it would probably touch the PSU so a Full Tower is the way to go


When i put all of the hardware in it, before firing my rig up i will handle the cable management. I got lots of holders and stuff to help me with it. I want to get it done so i dont have to worry about it later.

Yes and no -- It's a very tricky subject, especially in this market...There's no real solid answer.

So here's the skinny from MY tests.

Non-OC'd the 590 is 10% ahead of the 680 ~ This is without the boost feature active on the 680.

Now, when the 680 is OC'd yes, it beats a 590 but about 10-15%.

In SLI and OC'd ~ I don't think I need to say it.

HOWEVER, with some driver improvements apparently coming down the pipeline, the 590 will now be shown some love.

We'll have to see what happens in the long run...Until then, hold onto your 590s.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club