Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club - Page 45

post #441 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullmetalaj0 View Post
I have a question, if I were to pair this with a AMD CPU, would tht work just fine without needing any kind of "hack"?
Yes, you would be fine. The "hack" is only needed if you have 2 separate cards.

Basically, in the case of the 590 the connection between the GPUs is all handled internally (on the card) whereas for normal SLI, let's say 570 SLI, the board/chipset is also involved which is why you need a "SLI compatible" motherboard.
post #442 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by reflex99 View Post
The 6990 has OCP (or power tune/whatever they call it), but it isn't nearly as aggressive as the 590.

We don't forget the 590, because it will explode if you try to run it without extreme OCP.

To me, the VRMs are a bigger fail than the throttling. I can deal with throttling, it is still a fast card, but if it explodes, a 9400GT is faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reflex99 View Post
I want one of these, just so i can pester eVGA for the rest of my life RMAing the thing.
Hey Reflex this is the GTX 590 Club, I think you want to post your argument on the AMD 6990 vs GTX 590 thread. We are well aware of the issue as high end enthusiast. The GTX 590 owners don't buy your propaganda.
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #443 of 5154
One thing ... people keep talking about the GTX295 also having problems like the GTX590...

Please... don't even say that ... The problems were far from being the same...

I.E. I had a GTX295 during 2 years, where the last year was runing at 1.20v at 805Mhz ...

Never had a single freaking problem... and i know at least 10 more users with 295's without problems ...

It's been 8 days from the 590 launch and i already know 4 guys that saw the 590 "blow" ...

So... don't try to "escuse" 590 problems with the problems that other cards may have had or something ...

People try to find escuses or to try some kind of "self acceptance" for this situation by saying that other cards had problems too ... meh ...

Oh ... and don't forget that the 295 was cheaper than this one ... i paid 499Euros for mine ...

But... i'm still looking forward to water cooled benchmarks and some oc action ... maybe what this cards really wants is a cold "body"
post #444 of 5154
Thread Starter 
updated.
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
post #445 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alatar View Post
updated.
Update the driver links
Game System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX 670 FTW Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 CL8 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 128GB Windows 8 64bit HP 2510i Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W Lian Li Tyr PC-X1000 Logitech Performance MX Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
Game System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K Asus P8P67 Deluxe EVGA GTX 670 FTW Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600 CL8 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Crucial m4 128GB Windows 8 64bit HP 2510i Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Enermax Revolution85+ 1050W Lian Li Tyr PC-X1000 Logitech Performance MX Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #446 of 5154
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl00tje View Post
Update the driver links
I completely forgot those..

I think there's no need update the links for every single new driver released. The link now leads to the general driver download page on nvidia.com
Edited by Alatar - 4/1/11 at 4:41am
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Benching
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 5960X @ 4.8GHz] [Rampage V Extreme] [Titan 1400MHz (1500MHz bench)] [Various] 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
[250GB 840EVO +2x SpinpointF3 1TB RAID0] [LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change] [XSPC X2O 750 pump/res] [Monsta 360 full copper + EK XT 360 + XT 240] 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
[Crossover 27Q LED-P 1440p+ASUS 1200p+LG 1080p] [Corsair AX1200] [Dimastech Easy v3.0] [Sennheiser HD558s] 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
FX 8320, FX 8350, Phenom II x2 555BE i7 3930K, i7 860, i7 4770K, 68x Celeron D CVF, commando, 2x RIVE, Z87X-OC Asus 4870x2, Sapphire 4870 
GraphicsGraphicsGraphicsGraphics
2x 5870, 5850, 5830, 5770 2x 3870x2, 3870 GTX Titan, GTX 480, GTX 590 GTX 285, GTX 260, 4x 9800GT, 8800GTX 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
4x4GB vengeance, 2x4GB predatorX, 2x1GB OCZ DDR2 Intel X25-M 80GB LD PC-V2 SS Phase Change OCN Marksman 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
2x old tek slims (GPU) Various watercooling stuff win7, winxp AX1200 
Case
test bench / cardboard box 
  hide details  
Reply
post #447 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedros View Post
One thing ... people keep talking about the GTX295 also having problems like the GTX590...

Please... don't even say that ... The problems were far from being the same...

I.E. I had a GTX295 during 2 years, where the last year was runing at 1.20v at 805Mhz ...

Never had a single freaking problem... and i know at least 10 more users with 295's without problems ...

It's been 8 days from the 590 launch and i already know 4 guys that saw the 590 "blow" ...

So... don't try to "escuse" 590 problems with the problems that other cards may have had or something ...

People try to find escuses or to try some kind of "self acceptance" for this situation by saying that other cards had problems too ... meh ...

Oh ... and don't forget that the 295 was cheaper than this one ... i paid 499Euros for mine ...

But... i'm still looking forward to water cooled benchmarks and some oc action ... maybe what this cards really wants is a cold "body"
Incorrect.

The 295 release was rittled with errors. The card did NOT launch well.

It DID, recover well because Nvidia was ontop of it HOWEVER, the damage had already been done.

I'm not trying to jump down people's throats and force my opinion, I apologize if that seems to be the case...I'm frustrated with the amount of fanboys jumping ship and plaguing this release to be far worse than it is.

The bios is shoddy...It's over-volting MOST cards at stock which is why they're frying...It's in NO WAY the card itself, it's a horribly executed bios. A fix is in the works.

Same goes for the drivers...The vast majority of cards frying ARE a combination of the bios and drivers being garbage; I 100% stand behind that and completely agree.

That doesn't mean we're giving NVIDIA a pass at being as driver responsible as ATI but, it IS the situation.

A card can really only throttle when you know the potential...It is NOT currently software controlled, it is nothing like DFS; simply, at this point, I would call it choking.

I have absolutely NONE of the issues you all complain about. I have some meh results in a few games but, the scaling on these cards is still terrible so, I'm going to wait for a couple drivers to pass my opinion...If you guys want to sell, sell...

Just don't call it throttling when there's absolutely no evidence of such.

There is evidence it can't perform but, there's no evidence of the card scaling back performance in any form/function...The 4th gear it's supposed to be hitting, just isn't there atm; when it's actually there and we're NOT hitting it because the card scales, then it's throttling...That's all I'm saying.
Edited by Masked - 4/1/11 at 5:06am
post #448 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
Incorrect.

The 295 release was rittled with errors. The card did NOT launch well.

It DID, recover well because Nvidia was ontop of it HOWEVER, the damage had already been done.

I'm not trying to jump down people's throats and force my opinion, I apologize if that seems to be the case...I'm frustrated with the amount of fanboys jumping ship and plaguing this release to be far worse than it is.

The bios is shoddy...It's over-volting MOST cards at stock which is why they're frying...It's in NO WAY the card itself, it's a horribly executed bios. A fix is in the works.

Same goes for the drivers...The vast majority of cards frying ARE a combination of the bios and drivers being garbage; I 100% stand behind that and completely agree.

That doesn't mean we're giving NVIDIA a pass at being as driver responsible as ATI but, it IS the situation.

A card can really only throttle when you know the potential...It is NOT currently software controlled, it is nothing like DFS; simply, at this point, I would call it choking.

I have absolutely NONE of the issues you all complain about. I have some meh results in a few games but, the scaling on these cards is still terrible so, I'm going to wait for a couple drivers to pass my opinion...If you guys want to sell, sell...

Just don't call it throttling when there's absolutely no evidence of such.

There is evidence it can't perform but, there's no evidence of the card scaling back performance in any form/function...The 4th gear it's supposed to be hitting, just isn't there atm; when it's actually there and we're NOT hitting it because the card scales, then it's throttling...That's all I'm saying.
x2 +1 rep
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
post #449 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
Incorrect.

The 295 release was rittled with errors. The card did NOT launch well.

It DID, recover well because Nvidia was ontop of it HOWEVER, the damage had already been done.

.
no way did this card have issues that were not about drivers only.
it had newer drivers put out that fixed alot of the sli scaling issues,what x2 cored from either brand does not at launch?
It was built like a tank and mine from day one to this day was overclocked and overvolted(using rivatuner) the rest i agree with.
post #450 of 5154
A 3Dfx Voodoo GTX 590 !

http://www.geforce.com/#/News/articles/voodoo-revived
HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY!
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club