Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club - Page 67

post #661 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentblue View Post
nvidia dressed their card up like the milk man and people are mad that everyone is asking for milk
That made me lol...

I'm just saying that, the card sold out...In less time than the 6990 did...With more numbers than the 6990 had on release...

And as to it's further success, we'll have to see but, saying it wasn't "good" for NVIDIA just isn't true.

They sold out of an ENTIRE RUN, within 8 hours...How is that not successful?
post #662 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentblue View Post
it is not less problematic. as long as you don't touch the clocks it's quieter and cooler than it's competitior but you already said it's not meant to compete so why bring that up?

i never said anything about competeing clock for clock. you should never judge amd vs nvidia on clock for clock. why do you keep saying that?

you are talking about everything but the way it performs power wise. you wouldn't even be saying this if the card was more powerful. i'm done as it's getting nowhere but sorry I have a card that isn't watercooled and believe me once clocked up even on stock volts it's not quiet(due to needing more than autofan), it's not cooler, and it's not power effecient. All of this I can deal with as it's an enthusiast card and that's what you deal with when you put two gpus on one card. it does however, currently, not perform against it's competition.

nvidia dressed their card up like the milk man and people are mad that everyone is asking for milk

Judging by the reviews. Stock vs stock, the GTX 590 wins because it actually is cooler and less noisy and they perform about the same.

Once overclocked. I'm not sure but I can tell you that in reviews the 6990 did not overclock that great either. I wouldn't think the 6990 pulls ahead that much when overclocked.

Plus Fud did have some benchmarks with newer Nvidia drivers that showed an improvement for the GTX 590 on benchmarks where it got beaten by the 6990. If anything once drivers mature for both cards the GTX 590 might end up being the faster card overal.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 4.3Ghz Asus P6X58D Premium Zotac GTX 480 6GB CORSAIR XMS3 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Vertex LE 100GB SSDs/RAID-0 & 2TB Barracuda XT Samsung SH-S243D 24x DVD-Writer Windows 7 LG Flatron W2242TQ & LG Flatron W1942TQ 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750W Cooler Master Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 4.3Ghz Asus P6X58D Premium Zotac GTX 480 6GB CORSAIR XMS3 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Vertex LE 100GB SSDs/RAID-0 & 2TB Barracuda XT Samsung SH-S243D 24x DVD-Writer Windows 7 LG Flatron W2242TQ & LG Flatron W1942TQ 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750W Cooler Master Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #663 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
That made me lol...

I'm just saying that, the card sold out...In less time than the 6990 did...With more numbers than the 6990 had on release...

And as to it's further success, we'll have to see but, saying it wasn't "good" for NVIDIA just isn't true.

They sold out of an ENTIRE RUN, within 8 hours...How is that not successful?
I don't go by that because of the limited amount that nvidia had. i also don't know how many were supplied to every vender. amd sold out in a bunch of places as well. I also know that nvidia wanted to have the fastest card in the dual gpu market and they failed at that. money determines success first in a business and i don't know their complete stats but selling out doesn't always mean a success. the ps3 wasn't a success until year 2. the n64 sold over 20 million and still wasn't a success. there's definitely many ways to sell out of stock and still not be successful. the card obviously was constrained by budget, size, and power or nvidia would have just used the best of the best. the PR has definitely not helped the success of the card. bad PR in some situations is still very much bad PR and that matters when you are marketing a specific "niche".

Quote:
Originally Posted by saulin View Post
Judging by the reviews. Stock vs stock, the GTX 590 wins because it actually is cooler and less noisy and they perform about the same.

Once overclocked. I'm not sure but I can tell you that in reviews the 6990 did not overclock that great either. I wouldn't think the 6990 pulls ahead that much when overclocked.

Plus Fud did have some benchmarks with newer Nvidia drivers that showed an improvement for the GTX 590 on benchmarks where it got beaten by the 6990. If anything once drivers mature for both cards the GTX 590 might end up being the faster card overal.
the gtx 590 does better with dx10 games but is beaten by the 6990 at dx11. alot of people are hoping that the april drivers bring this dx11 lackluster performance to an end. even some dx10 games are beat by the 6990 at not just average fps but min fps as well depending on the screen res.
Alucard
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 955 C3 @ 4.1ghz (stable) Gigabyte 890fx-ud5 asus gtx 590 G. Skill Eco 2x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 Win 7 (64 bit) Dell u2711 ABS SL 1050w 
Case
Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
Alucard
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 955 C3 @ 4.1ghz (stable) Gigabyte 890fx-ud5 asus gtx 590 G. Skill Eco 2x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 Win 7 (64 bit) Dell u2711 ABS SL 1050w 
Case
Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
post #664 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentblue View Post
I don't go by that because of the limited amount that nvidia had. i also don't know how many were supplied to every vender. amd sold out in a bunch of places as well. I also know that nvidia wanted to have the fastest card in the dual gpu market and they failed at that. money determines success first in a business and i don't know their complete stats but selling out doesn't always mean a success. the ps3 wasn't a success until year 2. the n64 sold over 20 million and still wasn't a success. there's definitely many ways to sell out of stock and still not be successful. the card obviously was constrained by budget, size, and power or nvidia would have just used the best of the best. the PR has definitely not helped the success of the card. bad PR in some situations is still very much bad PR and that matters when you are marketing a specific "niche".
I would like evidence of that because in every "leaked" release since November, I have yet to see 1 release that displays those intentions.

Nvidia sold out on Tigerdirect within 30 minutes. Sold out on Newegg within 15 minutes...Sold out on EVGA within 1hr...

6990 was present for days.

I hold to my statement, never once was this card meant to be the fastest, never once did they claim it was.

The ONLY evidence of any competition was a press release from AMD claiming to be the best and it was NEVER refuted by Nvidia.
post #665 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
I would like evidence of that because in every "leaked" release since November, I have yet to see 1 release that displays those intentions.

Nvidia sold out on Tigerdirect within 30 minutes. Sold out on Newegg within 15 minutes...Sold out on EVGA within 1hr...

6990 was present for days.

I hold to my statement, never once was this card meant to be the fastest, never once did they claim it was.

The ONLY evidence of any competition was a press release from AMD claiming to be the best and it was NEVER refuted by Nvidia.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20110327/tc_zd/262388

it was there but I can't seem to find the actual image that nvidia used. they may have taken it down now.

also i thought the gtx 590 was on tigerdirect for two hours before it sold out. it went live at midnight where i live.

also there's alot more AIB for the 6990 than for nvidia so that's not a fair comparison. there's more stock with the 6990 so selling out will not be as fast. that doesn't mean the 6990 isn't getting more sales or making more money per card than the 590.
Alucard
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 955 C3 @ 4.1ghz (stable) Gigabyte 890fx-ud5 asus gtx 590 G. Skill Eco 2x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 Win 7 (64 bit) Dell u2711 ABS SL 1050w 
Case
Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
Alucard
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 955 C3 @ 4.1ghz (stable) Gigabyte 890fx-ud5 asus gtx 590 G. Skill Eco 2x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 Win 7 (64 bit) Dell u2711 ABS SL 1050w 
Case
Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
post #666 of 5154
http://pressroom.nvidia.com/easyir/c...ue&prid=736275

here it is. i knew i saw it somewhere.

Quote:
Innovative Dual GPU Design Is Also Dramatically Quieter Than Competitive Products
tell me they aren't competiting.
Alucard
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 955 C3 @ 4.1ghz (stable) Gigabyte 890fx-ud5 asus gtx 590 G. Skill Eco 2x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 Win 7 (64 bit) Dell u2711 ABS SL 1050w 
Case
Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
Alucard
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 955 C3 @ 4.1ghz (stable) Gigabyte 890fx-ud5 asus gtx 590 G. Skill Eco 2x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 Win 7 (64 bit) Dell u2711 ABS SL 1050w 
Case
Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
post #667 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentblue View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20110327/tc_zd/262388

it was there but I can't seem to find the actual image that nvidia used. they may have taken it down now.

also i thought the gtx 590 was on tigerdirect for two hours before it sold out. it went live at midnight where i live.

also there's alot more AIB for the 6990 than for nvidia so that's not a fair comparison. there's more stock with the 6990 so selling out will not be as fast. that doesn't mean the 6990 isn't getting more sales or making more money per card than the 590.
I'm actually wrong and I fold...Nvidia's own front page is ripe with bull****

I apologize.

Official Press Release

Insert foot in mouth...

That's really interesting because UNTIL that release on the 24th, there's absolutely NOTHING they put out claiming it was the fastest...It was a quieter solution meant for a niche market.

**** you Nvidia, I'm losing more and more of these arguments because of your TERRIBLE PR.

I am going to add that the card, in terms of inventory, sold out so fast, it was absolutely a hit/success.
Edited by Masked - 4/5/11 at 10:46am
post #668 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentblue View Post
http://news.yahoo.com/s/zd/20110327/tc_zd/262388

it was there but I can't seem to find the actual image that nvidia used. they may have taken it down now.

also i thought the gtx 590 was on tigerdirect for two hours before it sold out. it went live at midnight where i live.

also there's alot more AIB for the 6990 than for nvidia so that's not a fair comparison. there's more stock with the 6990 so selling out will not be as fast. that doesn't mean the 6990 isn't getting more sales or making more money per card than the 590.
You're delusional if you think the 590 was meant to compete with highly-clocked 580's in SLI.

That's like Nvidia killing its own fastest-single-gpu card market - what's not to like about the GTX 590 if it can do anything a pair of 580s can, consume less power, output less heat and noise, AND cost $300 less?

They stuck with this design to limit thermals, power consumption and noise, knowing that they did so at the expense of added performance.

People are trying to milk this card for much more than its capable and not wondering why it costs $300 less than a pair of cards it's "supposed to" compete with while having none of the disadvantages.

This is basic economics here.
Apotheosis
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960X @ 4.6 Ghz (1.32v) ASUS X99-Deluxe 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLI 32GB Crucial DDR4 2666 (4x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (OS) 4x Crucial M4 256GB SSD 14x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition 4x EK-RAM Monarch Module (Black) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-XTOP w/ Dual D5 Pumps, EK-X3 250 Res, EK-D5 ... 2x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 480mm Rads (1x top mo... 2x Alphacool NexXxos UT60 240mm Rads (1x front ... PrimoChill Rigid Acrylic tubing (White), Advanc... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
2x EK-FC Titan X Pascal Nickel GPU Blocks w/ EK... 2x EK-RAM Monarch X4 Nickel/Acetal CSQ RAM Bloc... Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit 1x Acer Predator X34 @ 3440x1440p 34" IPS + 100... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum EVGA SuperNova P2 1600W Platinum CaseLabs SMA8 (Gunmetal Exterior/Black Interior... Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G440 Audioengine HD6 w/ S8 Subwoofer Campfire Audio Vega IEMs Schiit Magni 2 Uber Amp 
AudioOtherOther
Schiit Modi 2 Uber DAC NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan Controller NZXT HUE RGB LED Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
Apotheosis
(27 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5960X @ 4.6 Ghz (1.32v) ASUS X99-Deluxe 2x Nvidia Titan Xp SLI 32GB Crucial DDR4 2666 (4x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
2x Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD (OS) 4x Crucial M4 256GB SSD 14x Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition 4x EK-RAM Monarch Module (Black) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK-XTOP w/ Dual D5 Pumps, EK-X3 250 Res, EK-D5 ... 2x Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 480mm Rads (1x top mo... 2x Alphacool NexXxos UT60 240mm Rads (1x front ... PrimoChill Rigid Acrylic tubing (White), Advanc... 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
2x EK-FC Titan X Pascal Nickel GPU Blocks w/ EK... 2x EK-RAM Monarch X4 Nickel/Acetal CSQ RAM Bloc... Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit 1x Acer Predator X34 @ 3440x1440p 34" IPS + 100... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum EVGA SuperNova P2 1600W Platinum CaseLabs SMA8 (Gunmetal Exterior/Black Interior... Logitech G502 Proteus Core 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Logitech G440 Audioengine HD6 w/ S8 Subwoofer Campfire Audio Vega IEMs Schiit Magni 2 Uber Amp 
AudioOtherOther
Schiit Modi 2 Uber DAC NZXT Sentry Mesh Fan Controller NZXT HUE RGB LED Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #669 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
You're delusional if you think the 590 was meant to compete with highly-clocked 580's in SLI.

That's like Nvidia killing its own fastest-single-gpu card market - what's not to like about the GTX 590 if it can do anything a pair of 580s can, consume less power, output less heat and noise, AND cost $300 less?

They stuck with this design to limit thermals, power consumption and noise, knowing that they did so at the expense of added performance.

People are trying to milk this card for much more than its capable and not wondering why it costs $300 less than a pair of cards it's "supposed to" compete with while having none of the disadvantages.

This is basic economics here.
I DO agree with this, from a business standpoint, minus their claims...This release was a hit.
Edited by Masked - 4/5/11 at 10:50am
post #670 of 5154
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcde7ago View Post
You're delusional if you think the 590 was meant to compete with highly-clocked 580's in SLI.

That's like Nvidia killing its own fastest-single-gpu card market - what's not to like about the GTX 590 if it can do anything a pair of 580s can, consume less power, output less heat and noise, AND cost $300 less?

They stuck with this design to limit thermals, power consumption and noise, knowing that they did so at the expense of added performance.

People are trying to milk this card for much more than its capable and not wondering why it costs $300 less than a pair of cards it's "supposed to" compete with while having none of the disadvantages.

This is basic economics here.
Very well said

Also I noticed their claim on their site hahaha. But if you were to test more games than what are being tested in reviews believe me. The GTX 590 would come on top since most games are TWIMTBP titles.

On the other hand in most reviews the GTX 590 wins on half of the games and the 6990 wins on the other half and there is no way the 6990 could claim the title as the world's fastest card in this case.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 4.3Ghz Asus P6X58D Premium Zotac GTX 480 6GB CORSAIR XMS3 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Vertex LE 100GB SSDs/RAID-0 & 2TB Barracuda XT Samsung SH-S243D 24x DVD-Writer Windows 7 LG Flatron W2242TQ & LG Flatron W1942TQ 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750W Cooler Master Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 @ 4.3Ghz Asus P6X58D Premium Zotac GTX 480 6GB CORSAIR XMS3 7-7-7-20 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Vertex LE 100GB SSDs/RAID-0 & 2TB Barracuda XT Samsung SH-S243D 24x DVD-Writer Windows 7 LG Flatron W2242TQ & LG Flatron W1942TQ 
PowerCase
Corsair TX750W Cooler Master Haf 932 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › NVIDIA GTX 590 Owners Club