Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Steelseries 9HD.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Steelseries 9HD.

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
Im getting my Xai soon. I have only tried one hard mouse pad and that was the roccat sota. And it was way too fast for me. Pretty much no friction. I have read and heard so many great things about the 9HD mouse pad. How much friction does it have? Does it have much control?
I am also curious as to have much acceleration the Xai has on hard surfaces? is it 5% negative or positive? or is that when it is on cloth?
I always find myself prefering cloth. But would really love to make the switch to a hard pad as its better on the old wrists as i am more of a claw grip. I just dont like pure glide and no friction or control.
post #2 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxdex2020;12883020 
Im getting my Xai soon. I have only tried one hard mouse pad and that was the roccat sota. And it was way too fast for me. Pretty much no friction. I have read and heard so many great things about the 9HD mouse pad. How much friction does it have? Does it have much control?
I am also curious as to have much acceleration the Xai has on hard surfaces? is it 5% negative or positive? or is that when it is on cloth?
I always find myself prefering cloth. But would really love to make the switch to a hard pad as its better on the old wrists as i am more of a claw grip. I just dont like pure glide and no friction or control.

Steelseres claims that the 4HD/9HD has a "rough" glide. Im not sure if that means its slower than other hard pads but it still has a much faster glide than cloth pads. My 4HD has developed grooves where the mouse will glide slower than other areas. I have owned it for about a year but it only got used for about 6 months.

The positive acceleration is present on any and all surfaces. Didn't you post claiming that more friction lowers your accuracy? confused.gif
post #3 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp;12883328 
Steelseres claims that the 4HD/9HD has a "rough" glide. Im not sure if that means its slower than other hard pads but it still has a much faster glide than cloth pads. My 4HD has developed grooves where the mouse will glide slower than other areas. I have owned it for about a year but it only got used for about 6 months.

The positive acceleration is present on any and all surfaces.

How much acceleration does the xai have in %? And no i didnt post saying more friction lowers my accuracy lol. I would like to know how much friction the 9HD has. Im use to a cloth pad but i feel i need to move onto a surface that has more glide but with some friction.
Edited by dmxdex2020 - 3/26/11 at 6:57pm
post #4 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxdex2020;12883353 
How much acceleration does the xai have in %? And no i didnt post saying more friction lowers my accuracy lol. I would like to know how much friction the 9HD has. Im use to a cloth pad but i feel i need to move onto a surface that has more glide but with some friction.

I have no way to accurately show you how much friction it has other than telling you that it is quite a bit more slick than pads like the talent/qck/goliathus.

How much positive accel does the xai have in percent? erm. Here's a little screen i made showing the amount after a 180 degree turn from side to side of the mouse pad. The goliathus was sideways. It looks like the goliathus caused the xai to have more positive acceleration but thats just because its wider than the 4HD so it had more distance to show it.

xaipositiveaccel.png
post #5 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp;12883453 
I have no way to accurately show you how much friction it has other than telling you that it is quite a bit more slick than pads like the talent/qck/goliathus.

How much positive accel does the xai have in percent? erm. Here's a little screen i made showing the amount after a 180 degree turn from side to side of the mouse pad. The goliathus was sideways. It looks like the goliathus caused the xai to have more positive acceleration but thats just because its wider than the 4HD so it had more distance to show it.

xaipositiveaccel.png

So the goliathus wasnt really an accurate reading then. the 4HD does not have hardly any acceleration. I know alot of people on here complain about the most minute acceleration which is silly really as pro players can live with it. Alot of it is in peoples heads.
Have you used the xai with the puretrak talent? if so how does it peform?
Edited by dmxdex2020 - 3/26/11 at 7:11pm
post #6 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxdex2020;12883504 
So the goliathus wasnt really an accurate reading then. the 4HD does not have hardly any acceleration. I know alot of people on here complain about the most minute acceleration which is silly really as pro players can live with it. Alot of it is in peoples heads.

How is the goliathus test an inaccurate reading? It shows how much positive acceleration the xai has when swiping 355mm.
Edited by Derp - 3/26/11 at 7:13pm
post #7 of 21
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp;12883538 
How is the goliathus test an inaccurate reading? It shows how much positive acceleration the xai has when swiping 355mm.

Ok nevermind. Have use used the xai on a puretrak talent mate?
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmxdex2020;12883630 
Ok nevermind. Have use used the xai on a puretrak talent mate?

Yes, but like I said the Xai hits negative acceleration at a slower speed on the talent compared the goliathus speed.
post #9 of 21
All hard pads will be very slick compared to cloth, it's just the nature of the beast. I used a 4HD for a time and would describe it as a medium slickness hard pad. I've used faster and I've used slower. I suspect it would be just as fast if not faster than the Sota.

Also, hard pads will most certainly NOT be better on your wrists. They are textured plastic and metal, it's like resting your wrist on sandpaper as opposed to soft cloth and rubber. The Sota is a special case because it's a bit of a hybrid pad. It's not as hard or as textured as most hard pads.
Edited by krameriffic - 3/26/11 at 8:34pm
System 1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 4.0GHz 1.25V EVGA x58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 560 Ti (950/1125) 6GB GSkill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB Spinpoint F3 + 128GB Crucial C300 Windows 7 Pro x64 Viewsonic VX2265wm 22" 120Hz ABS M1 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX Black 850W Antec 1200 Steelseries Xai Steelseries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
System 1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 4.0GHz 1.25V EVGA x58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 560 Ti (950/1125) 6GB GSkill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1TB Spinpoint F3 + 128GB Crucial C300 Windows 7 Pro x64 Viewsonic VX2265wm 22" 120Hz ABS M1 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
XFX Black 850W Antec 1200 Steelseries Xai Steelseries 4HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 21
I have both Sota & 9HD, with Ikari laser & Naga.
I would say 9HD is better less friction than Sota.
Better tracking and more control than Sota because of the harder texture.
Don't get me wrong, I still love my Sota very much, because it so comfortable for wrist, less sound, less scratch on mouse feet.

If you don't mind, please watch my close up short videos on their surface.
www. youtube.com/user/quake4tt

But not the crappy stuck whatever ingame vids biggrin.gif
b
(21 items)
 
a
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 780 SLI 64G G.SKILL Ripjaws Z DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M550 1TB SanDisk Extreme II 480G WD Caviar Black 1TB x 2 LG BH14NS40 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 7 BenQ XL2420T Samsung SyncMaster 930B 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG KBT Race, Filco MJ Tenkeypad, DSI left hand key... Seasonic X-1250 Gold Cooler Master Cosmos II 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Naga, Steelseries Ikari Roccat Raivo, destructor 2, Razer Invicta, Stee... Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus PC360, Apple earpods 
Other
scythe usb triple foot Switch I & II 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q9550 Asus P5Q3 WiFi-AP@n Deluxe Edition EVGA GTX 580 SC 8G OCZ3P1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Caviar Black 1T x2 Seagate Barracuda 1T x2 Samsung SSD 840 Series SAMSUNG SpeedPlus 
Optical DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
PIONEER DVR-217D LG BH14NS40 Windows 7 Professional x64 BenQ XL2420T 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 930B KBT Race, Filco MJ2 TKL, FKB22MB, KBC-3500B PC Power&Cooling Silencer 610W CM Cosmos 1000 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Naga Epic Razer Scarab, Invicta, SX, 9HD,  Asus Rog Xonar Phoebus Sennheiser PC 360 
Other
scythe foot switch Triple x 2, Stinky Footboard 
  hide details  
Reply
b
(21 items)
 
a
(21 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
intel 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition EVGA GTX 780 SLI 64G G.SKILL Ripjaws Z DDR3 2133 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M550 1TB SanDisk Extreme II 480G WD Caviar Black 1TB x 2 LG BH14NS40 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H100i Windows 7 BenQ XL2420T Samsung SyncMaster 930B 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG KBT Race, Filco MJ Tenkeypad, DSI left hand key... Seasonic X-1250 Gold Cooler Master Cosmos II 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Naga, Steelseries Ikari Roccat Raivo, destructor 2, Razer Invicta, Stee... Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus PC360, Apple earpods 
Other
scythe usb triple foot Switch I & II 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q9550 Asus P5Q3 WiFi-AP@n Deluxe Edition EVGA GTX 580 SC 8G OCZ3P1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Caviar Black 1T x2 Seagate Barracuda 1T x2 Samsung SSD 840 Series SAMSUNG SpeedPlus 
Optical DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
PIONEER DVR-217D LG BH14NS40 Windows 7 Professional x64 BenQ XL2420T 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster 930B KBT Race, Filco MJ2 TKL, FKB22MB, KBC-3500B PC Power&Cooling Silencer 610W CM Cosmos 1000 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Naga Epic Razer Scarab, Invicta, SX, 9HD,  Asus Rog Xonar Phoebus Sennheiser PC 360 
Other
scythe foot switch Triple x 2, Stinky Footboard 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › Steelseries 9HD.