Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › [Official] Seasonic X Series Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Seasonic X Series Owners Club - Page 53

post #521 of 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by gEEKaDE View Post

Seasonic SS-460FL here

That's cool. Though, if I'm honest I see no point buying this model. Rather go for the x-560 instead. They're just as silent and the x-560 costs less.
Edited by adi518 - 10/14/12 at 1:16am
post #522 of 1832
Broke a couple cables while sleeving. So mad at myself. What's a good place to get replacement cables. I'm waiting on moddiy to let me know if they can get me the cables (not sleeved or connected) so I can sleeve them and slide em in.
post #523 of 1832
Moddiy is ok but not the best. I have their 24-pin and the double wires aren't fun. There're about 4 locations of double wires that go in the motherboard end connector and what that does, is making it really hard to bend and you also don't get that nice unified look (like Lutro0's extentions). Few locations on the connector have like 4 wires over two rows! It simply sucks. I'm now making my own cables after not being satisfied enough with Moddiy's way of doing them.
post #524 of 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi518 View Post

Moddiy is ok but not the best. I have their 24-pin and the double wires aren't fun. There're about 4 locations of double wires that go in the motherboard end connector and what that does, is making it really hard to bend and you also don't get that nice unified look (like Lutro0's extentions). Few locations on the connector have like 4 wires over two rows! It simply sucks. I'm now making my own cables after not being satisfied enough with Moddiy's way of doing them.


This is my first time Sleeving and I did think about making my own cables, which honestly does not seem to be soo difficult (I'm good with cables and crimping). Its taking the pins out of the connectors even with me using the tool is what I find frustrating and had couple cables come out of the pins (with the PIN still where it was)

Update -

After exchanging emails with Moddiy, have a custom order in place for replacement cables. The cables will not be sleeved and they will not be connected to the connectors. This way I can sleeve them and install them myself.
Edited by jassilamba - 10/8/12 at 7:25am
post #525 of 1832
Just realized that I never officially joined the club so here is my proof X-1050:





Thanks
post #526 of 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassilamba View Post

This is my first time Sleeving and I did think about making my own cables, which honestly does not seem to be soo difficult (I'm good with cables and crimping). Its taking the pins out of the connectors even with me using the tool is what I find frustrating and had couple cables come out of the pins (with the PIN still where it was)
Update -
After exchanging emails with Moddiy, have a custom order in place for replacement cables. The cables will not be sleeved and they will not be connected to the connectors. This way I can sleeve them and install them myself.

I'd still do it myself. Moddiy isn't using the original molex pins. They use the badly copied ones with short wings. For the double wires, you better unify each couple of wires into one (there's a tutorial for double wires, look for it).

You can check out my build log where I picked up the parts and materials for the job of custom cables: http://www.overclock.net/t/1305945/rebuilding-of-system-in-the-define-r4/30_30#post_18319752
post #527 of 1832
I would have taken a pic to prove Im in the club, but right now it will be on the way back to Newegg for a replacement.

Been in my new build for less than a week (I returned my ThermalTake because there was a good sale on the Seasonic (X750), which is supposed to be a better quality PSU)

Tried to take it out of sleep mode today by clicking the mouse button, was greeted with 2 very loud popping noises, and now the PSU wont power up. I happen to have an old Corsair lying around and was able to at least power up the mobo and get into BIOS. Havent tried powering up my SSD yet to see if the whole PC still works.

This is my first Seasonic PSU, and needless to say, so far Im not thrilled. Maybe Ill feel a little better if I can determine nothing else was taken out with it, but even then Im a little soured. Salt to the wound is the fact that I have to pay to ship it back for a replacement (Newegg OR Seasonic are charging for that privelage)
Ultimate Ivy
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme4 HIS IceQ 7870 GHz Edition Samsung Wonder Ram! 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme SSD 120 GB Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns G 216 
KeyboardPowerCase
Logitech G110 gaming keyboard Thermaltake ToughPower XT 675W CoolerMaster HAF912 
  hide details  
Reply
Ultimate Ivy
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme4 HIS IceQ 7870 GHz Edition Samsung Wonder Ram! 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme SSD 120 GB Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns G 216 
KeyboardPowerCase
Logitech G110 gaming keyboard Thermaltake ToughPower XT 675W CoolerMaster HAF912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #528 of 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisexv6 View Post

I would have taken a pic to prove Im in the club, but right now it will be on the way back to Newegg for a replacement.
Been in my new build for less than a week (I returned my ThermalTake because there was a good sale on the Seasonic (X750), which is supposed to be a better quality PSU)
Tried to take it out of sleep mode today by clicking the mouse button, was greeted with 2 very loud popping noises, and now the PSU wont power up. I happen to have an old Corsair lying around and was able to at least power up the mobo and get into BIOS. Havent tried powering up my SSD yet to see if the whole PC still works.
This is my first Seasonic PSU, and needless to say, so far Im not thrilled. Maybe Ill feel a little better if I can determine nothing else was taken out with it, but even then Im a little soured. Salt to the wound is the fact that I have to pay to ship it back for a replacement (Newegg OR Seasonic are charging for that privelage)

That's a bummer. These are the days I wish I had bought my items at Microcenter as they are really good with returns and exchanges.
post #529 of 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by jassilamba View Post

That's a bummer. These are the days I wish I had bought my items at Microcenter as they are really good with returns and exchanges.

No microcenter near me, and their best sales never apply to online orders.

I ordered my CPU, ram and case from Amazon. The price on the PSU from Newegg was just too good to pass up, Im just kicking myself now because I "upgraded" from the Thermaltake, but at least the Ttake was still going after a week.
Ultimate Ivy
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme4 HIS IceQ 7870 GHz Edition Samsung Wonder Ram! 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme SSD 120 GB Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns G 216 
KeyboardPowerCase
Logitech G110 gaming keyboard Thermaltake ToughPower XT 675W CoolerMaster HAF912 
  hide details  
Reply
Ultimate Ivy
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-3570K ASRock Z77 Extreme4 HIS IceQ 7870 GHz Edition Samsung Wonder Ram! 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme SSD 120 GB Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Windows 7 Ultimate Hanns G 216 
KeyboardPowerCase
Logitech G110 gaming keyboard Thermaltake ToughPower XT 675W CoolerMaster HAF912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #530 of 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisexv6 View Post

No microcenter near me, and their best sales never apply to online orders.
I ordered my CPU, ram and case from Amazon. The price on the PSU from Newegg was just too good to pass up, Im just kicking myself now because I "upgraded" from the Thermaltake, but at least the Ttake was still going after a week.

Thermaltake PSUs are good too. Just out of curiosity were they both the same wattage??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Power Supplies
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Power Supplies › [Official] Seasonic X Series Owners Club