Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 31.0: 28 July [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 31.0: 28 July [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 481

post #4801 of 6010
Hi everyone

i love this browser and using as default browser
however i have some problems

i cant make facebook video calls but i can do with internet explorer 10
because of this im using ie10 for chat

any fix planned for this?

and with 18.0.1 i see strange squares sometimes,hmmm its like overclock artifact, squares seems like that
but as i say not always
my gpu is 2d mode and my cpu stock clocks (i3 3220)

thanks...
post #4802 of 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Castiel View Post

Is anyone having problems with Waterfox 18.0.1 eating CPU usage, and making mouse/keyboard having a bit of lag as a result?

EDIT:
This only happens for ~2s at a time. It's an annoyance, and it means I have to close WF all the time if I want to do anything of leisurely activity.

Unfortunately, yes, and it continues to happen -- even when I have only one tab open (right after a fresh start of Waterfox). It's so frustrating, it's all but unusable, and at the suggestion of another commenter, I've had to resort to Cyberfox, which doesn't have the issue.

I'm really hoping this gets fixed soon, as Waterfox has been my go-to browser for a while now. But if an update/patch for this is going to take as long as the last update/patch, I'm going to have to walk the plank :/ (for now).
post #4803 of 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldblackice View Post

Unfortunately, yes, and it continues to happen -- even when I have only one tab open (right after a fresh start of Waterfox). It's so frustrating, it's all but unusable, and at the suggestion of another commenter, I've had to resort to Cyberfox, which doesn't have the issue.

I'm really hoping this gets fixed soon, as Waterfox has been my go-to browser for a while now. But if an update/patch for this is going to take as long as the last update/patch, I'm going to have to walk the plank :/ (for now).

Yeah I might jump ship to Cyberfox until it gets fixed. I like Waterfox more than anything else as well.
Swifty <3
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z N570GTX Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC 8GB Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB 32MB @ 7,200 RPM ASUS 12DR something Corsair H60 in Push/Pull with 2xAP15 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung P2370H Das Model S Professional Corsair TX-650 Antec 902 with AP15's  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba SteelSeries QcK+ Logitech Z-323 
  hide details  
Reply
Swifty <3
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2500k ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z N570GTX Twin Frozr III Power Edition/OC 8GB Corsair Vengeance  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate 1TB 32MB @ 7,200 RPM ASUS 12DR something Corsair H60 in Push/Pull with 2xAP15 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung P2370H Das Model S Professional Corsair TX-650 Antec 902 with AP15's  
MouseMouse PadAudio
Razer Mamba SteelSeries QcK+ Logitech Z-323 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4804 of 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldblackice View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift Castiel View Post

Is anyone having problems with Waterfox 18.0.1 eating CPU usage, and making mouse/keyboard having a bit of lag as a result?

EDIT:
This only happens for ~2s at a time. It's an annoyance, and it means I have to close WF all the time if I want to do anything of leisurely activity.

Unfortunately, yes, and it continues to happen -- even when I have only one tab open (right after a fresh start of Waterfox). It's so frustrating, it's all but unusable, and at the suggestion of another commenter, I've had to resort to Cyberfox, which doesn't have the issue.

I'm really hoping this gets fixed soon, as Waterfox has been my go-to browser for a while now. But if an update/patch for this is going to take as long as the last update/patch, I'm going to have to walk the plank :/ (for now).

I don't understand how this problem can be so rampant with users yet I don't experience it.

From what I gather, I should be experiencing CPU spikes but I don't.

The only major difference I can see is that I use Windows 8....?
post #4805 of 6010
Firefox 19 final just appeared on Mozilla's FTP.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz ASUS Z97-DELUXE (NFC & WLC) LGA 1150 Intel Z97 ... ASUS DirectCU II OC Radeon R9 290X 4GB GDDR5 PC... G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 24... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Wind... SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 128GB SATA III SSD (Mac) SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 128GB SATA III SSD (Ubuntu) HGST Deskstar NAS H3IKNAS40003272SN(0S03664) 4T... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
HGST Deskstar NAS H3IKNAS40003272SN(0S03664) 4T... HGST Deskstar NAS H3IKNAS40003272SN(0S03664) 4T... HGST Deskstar NAS H3IKNAS40003272SN(0S03664) 4T... Pioneer BDR-208DBK Black 15X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360mm Radiator Alphacool Repack Single Laing D5 Dual 5.25" Acr... Swiftech MCP655 Variable Speed Pump EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ Gold CPU Waterblock 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 3/8" ID x 5/8... Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnect Black Male 3/8” I... Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnect Black Female Thre... Mayhems Pastel Gigabyte Orange Coolant 
CoolingOSOSOS
Noctua NF-F12 PWM Fans (Push-Pull) Windows 8.1 Update Pro WMC 64-bit Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta 1 Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS Trusty Tahr 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 PLS ... Das Keyboard 4 Professional Gaming Mechanical K... EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD Certified 1... Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Super Tower Comput... 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCI-E Sound Card Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus USB DAC 
AudioOther
JBL LSR308 Studio Monitors Drobo 4-Bay DDR3A21 Storage Array 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz ASUS Z97-DELUXE (NFC & WLC) LGA 1150 Intel Z97 ... ASUS DirectCU II OC Radeon R9 290X 4GB GDDR5 PC... G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 24... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Wind... SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 128GB SATA III SSD (Mac) SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 128GB SATA III SSD (Ubuntu) HGST Deskstar NAS H3IKNAS40003272SN(0S03664) 4T... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
HGST Deskstar NAS H3IKNAS40003272SN(0S03664) 4T... HGST Deskstar NAS H3IKNAS40003272SN(0S03664) 4T... HGST Deskstar NAS H3IKNAS40003272SN(0S03664) 4T... Pioneer BDR-208DBK Black 15X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X ... 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 360mm Radiator Alphacool Repack Single Laing D5 Dual 5.25" Acr... Swiftech MCP655 Variable Speed Pump EK-Supremacy Clean CSQ Gold CPU Waterblock 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 3/8" ID x 5/8... Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnect Black Male 3/8” I... Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnect Black Female Thre... Mayhems Pastel Gigabyte Orange Coolant 
CoolingOSOSOS
Noctua NF-F12 PWM Fans (Push-Pull) Windows 8.1 Update Pro WMC 64-bit Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite Beta 1 Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS Trusty Tahr 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 PLS ... Das Keyboard 4 Professional Gaming Mechanical K... EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2 80 PLUS GOLD Certified 1... Corsair Obsidian Series 900D Super Tower Comput... 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Tunable Gaming Mouse Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad ASUS Xonar Essence STX PCI-E Sound Card Cambridge Audio Azur DacMagic Plus USB DAC 
AudioOther
JBL LSR308 Studio Monitors Drobo 4-Bay DDR3A21 Storage Array 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4806 of 6010
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/19.0/index.html says

Thanks for your interest in Firefox 19.0

We aren't quite finished qualifying Firefox 19.0 yet.


But obviously it's very close.
post #4807 of 6010
for anyone that wants to see the changelog for firefox 19:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/19.0/releasenotes/

to be fair, update isn't that "big" besides the pdf viewer now being available by default. But still a update is a update.
Edited by tek2005 - 2/19/13 at 8:28am
post #4808 of 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek2005 View Post

for anyone that wants to see the changelog for firefox 19:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/19.0/releasenotes/

to be fair, update isn't that "big" besides the pdf viewer now being available by default.

I don't see any mention of a CPU spike bug...?
post #4809 of 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyparker1337 View Post

I don't see any mention of a CPU spike bug...?

That's because it happens only with Waterfox?
post #4810 of 6010
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyparker1337 View Post

I don't see any mention of a CPU spike bug...?

That's because it happens only with Waterfox?

I guess so. In that case, it eliminates a ton of possibilities.

Must be a problem related to the compiler or a flag / option that is enabled in Waterfox but not Firefox.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 31.0: 28 July [Firefox 64-Bit]