Logo by Miloš Mirković
Waterfox 34.0.1 Minor Update
A minor update has been released for 34.0 to resolve some issues.
What’s new in 34.0.1?
- Reverted to the old preference UI as the new one isn’t saving changes.
- Disabled media streaming extensions to prevent strange graphical issues
How do I get this update?
- It should be available immediately and can be applied by clicking the Menu Icon > ? > About Waterfox
Waterfox 34.0 is now available for release. You can download the newest version from the front page or wait for the update to seed out to your current Waterfox build.
Why isn’t Waterfox on 34.0.5?!
Firefox 34.0.5 is no different from 34.0, apart from making Yahoo! the default search engine for en-US users in the US. Waterfox uses StartPage as its default search engine therefore this increase in version is not necessary.
What’s new in Waterfox?
- Waterfox now uses tcmalloc (the memory allocator used by Google Chrome)
This should result in less memory leaks and greater security
- Freezing gifs no longer occur on certain system configurations
- Updated the logo on Windows builds to be in line with the Mac OS X builds
What’s new in Firefox?
- Firefox Hello real-time communication client
- Easily switch themes/personas directly in the Customizing mode
- Implementation of HTTP/2 (draft14) and ALPN
- Recover from a locked Firefox process in the “Firefox is already running” dialog on Windows
- Disabled SSLv3
- Proprietary window.crypto properties/functions re-enabled (to be removed in Firefox 35)
- Firefox signed by Apple OS X version 2 signature
- ECMAScript 6 WeakSet Implemented
- CSS3 Font variants and features control (e.g. kerning) implemented
- WebCrypto: RSA-OAEP, PBKDF2 and AES-KW support
- WebCrypto: wrapKey and unwrapKey implemented
- WebCrypto: Import/export of JWK-formatted keys
- matches() DOM API implemented (formerly mozMatchesSelector())
- Performance.now() for workers implemented
- WebCrypto: ECDH support
- WebIDE: Create, edit, and test a new Web application from your browser
- Highlight all nodes that match a given selector in the Style Editor and the Inspector’s Rules panel
- Improved User Interface of the Profiler
- console.table function added to web console
- CSS transitions start correctly when started at the same time as changes to display, position, overflow, and similar properties
- Various security fixes
- Fullscreen video on Mac disables display sleep, and dimming, during playback
- Various Yosemite visual fixes
- Quantum Reality
- Andre Chappel
- Jack Pieron
- Dean Surkin
- Richard Haire
- DE MARCO, LLC
- Garrett Anderson
- Mark Greenway
- Brenda Fernández
- Matthew Trump
- Kevin Blas
Edited by MrAlex - Today at 4:33 am