Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 178

post #1771 of 7225
Is there a reason to why i keep getting random freezes with waterfox, tends to be random. I'm also getting this error http://i.imgur.com/sRzG7.png as well as a compatibility check everytime i launch waterfox. First time joining the forums and first time posting here, i had these issues before waterfox/firefox 10 came out after 8.0.1 came out i believe it was, just never bothered to get it fixed, now it's kind of annoying because everytime the compatibility check happens my adblockplus keeps reverting back to its default settings pretty much. (checks "allow intrusive ads" and resets my filter list to allow ads on certain sites of my choice. the blocking filter list still remains though.)
post #1772 of 7225
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoko View Post

Any chance for a Fx 11 beta build? Even the official 32-bit release works noticeably faster than Waterfox 10.

rolleyes.gif

Not having a single issue with 10. Being that WF takes over the user profile, I'm having a hard time buying your take on how the "official 32-bit release works noticeably faster than Waterfox 10" as you say it does.

Don't worry Mr. Alex, I got yer back bruh. thumb.gif

~Ceadder smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif


Thanks tongue.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by kronckew View Post

waterfox 10 (build 20120204180658), autoupdate is telling me that there is an update available on the release channel, it'll download a 19.9mb file, then tell me that it could not verify the download integrity & fail, telling me to d/l it from your site. i'm guessing that there is no new build since the 4th...

have turned off auto-update.


Yeah there's an issue with auto-update. Sorry about that :(

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Frapple View Post

Hi there - thanks for this.

Installed it on my laptop & desktop but don't appear to have jump list functionality on my desktop (laptop is ok) Firefox jump lists are working fine.


Hmm works for me. Is it pinned to the taskbar correctly?


 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCOM_HERO View Post

Installed and wow is this noticeably faster than FF 10. Uses way less CPU on my C2Duo Laptop.
FF 10 with three tabs (one YT video)= 20% CPU and 400 MB ram

WF 10 with three tabs (one YT video)= 5% CPU and 300 MB ram


Great to hear! biggrin.gif


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tek2005 View Post

Is there a reason to why i keep getting random freezes with waterfox, tends to be random. I'm also getting this error http://i.imgur.com/sRzG7.png as well as a compatibility check everytime i launch waterfox. First time joining the forums and first time posting here, i had these issues before waterfox/firefox 10 came out after 8.0.1 came out i believe it was, just never bothered to get it fixed, now it's kind of annoying because everytime the compatibility check happens my adblockplus keeps reverting back to its default settings pretty much. (checks "allow intrusive ads" and resets my filter list to allow ads on certain sites of my choice. the blocking filter list still remains though.)


Hmm, that's odd. Don't know why that's happening. Have you tried this? https://martintjandra.wordpress.com/2011/03/23/mozilla-firefox-how-to-disable-add-on-compatibility-checking/

    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1773 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by evildust View Post

I have a big bug that I have not in Firefox Nightly, maybe caused by Flash Player. With your Waterfox 10, go to this web page http://www.hardcandymusic.com/2012/01/m83-midnight-city-fixyn-remix.html and put your mouse cursor on the cover (to the left of the player). If you see the animation, it's ok, but here, Waterfox crash and close.
drool.gif

Confirmed. Though I get the same issue on my optimised FF11 build, so it is a Mozilla rather than waterfox specific bug. Happens on a clean profile too.
post #1774 of 7225
I have WF9 installed, now when i am executing the WF10 exe it doesnt show any option for upgrade as it used to, it only says install.

will it erase my WF9 profile and addons if i click on install??
Edited by abu46 - 2/8/12 at 7:39am
mii darling
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE C3 Asus M5A97 EVO Asus EAH 6850 2X2GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x250GB Segate Baracuda Sony DVD Writer CM Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic 19" Logitech MK320 Corsair VX 550W CM Elite 430 
Mouse
Logitech MK320 
  hide details  
Reply
mii darling
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE C3 Asus M5A97 EVO Asus EAH 6850 2X2GB Corsair DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2x250GB Segate Baracuda Sony DVD Writer CM Hyper 212 Plus Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic 19" Logitech MK320 Corsair VX 550W CM Elite 430 
Mouse
Logitech MK320 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1775 of 7225
I have a problem which is making me want to switch back to Firefox although I love Waterfox.

I have the IETAB2 add-on installed, and I have the Adobe Flash Player for IE (x64) installed. I usually play games on MSN Games such as Spades it works great on Firefox + IETAB2 but now in Waterfox as soon as I launch this page >>> http://zone.msn.com/en/spades/default.htm I get an error message saying:

captureknb.png

the IETAB2 Add-on IS installed but it seems that Waterfox is not compatible with it (whereas all the other add-ons are working seemlessly)

Please help me
post #1776 of 7225
IEtab and similiar programs are not compatible with x64 versions of firefox.
Silver Wings
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K 4.8GHz Asus Sabertooth P67 Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming Goodram 8GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 128 SSD Samsung HD204UI Seagate ST2000DL003 LG GH22NS50 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermalright Silver Arrow Windows 8.1 Pro LG W2453V-PF CM Storm Quickfire TK Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic M12II-620 SilverStone Raven RV03 Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mini 
Audio
Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 @ AD8022 + 2x OPA 2604 /... 
  hide details  
Reply
Silver Wings
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600K 4.8GHz Asus Sabertooth P67 Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming Goodram 8GB 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 128 SSD Samsung HD204UI Seagate ST2000DL003 LG GH22NS50 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermalright Silver Arrow Windows 8.1 Pro LG W2453V-PF CM Storm Quickfire TK Red 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic M12II-620 SilverStone Raven RV03 Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mini 
Audio
Audiotrak Prodigy HD2 @ AD8022 + 2x OPA 2604 /... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1777 of 7225
Quote:
Installed and wow is this noticeably faster than FF 10. Uses way less CPU on my C2Duo Laptop.
FF 10 with three tabs (one YT video)= 20% CPU and 400 MB ram

WF 10 with three tabs (one YT video)= 5% CPU and 300 MB ram

If only my school computers ran a 64-bit OS and portable Waterfox existed (any plans, MrAlex? biggrin.gif) I would be using Waterfox here too

Better performance with less CPU and RAM!?  Highly optimized for the win!

post #1778 of 7225
I finally know why videos won't play after reading some posts. The profile is bad. (Reading does a mind good). I decided to delete the profile and start fresh. All is wonderful now.
post #1779 of 7225
I'm surprised if someone hasn't mentioned this yet. I recently did a build of ff 9, labeled as aurora but it was stuck with the release sources so I don't know what's up with that. Anyway! biggrin.gif

I've heard compiling firefox with -Os optimization gives a boost as firefox benefits from using less memory at runtime. Also -Os implies -O2 and should prove just as stable. I use my -Os Aurora 9.0.1 build now for linux and will continue to do so for a while. It's 32 bit, but I guess the Waterfox builds could benefit from this. Is there a reason like compromised stability for not using -Os over -O2?

and also, I seem to remember some older builds with speed in mind like this one. Hasn't there been some other project like waterfox, and was it perhaps named something like "Sunfox" or anything?
post #1780 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeonized View Post

I'm surprised if someone hasn't mentioned this yet. I recently did a build of ff 9, labeled as aurora but it was stuck with the release sources so I don't know what's up with that. Anyway! biggrin.gif
I've heard compiling firefox with -Os optimization gives a boost as firefox benefits from using less memory at runtime. Also -Os implies -O2 and should prove just as stable. I use my -Os Aurora 9.0.1 build now for linux and will continue to do so for a while. It's 32 bit, but I guess the Waterfox builds could benefit from this. Is there a reason like compromised stability for not using -Os over -O2?
and also, I seem to remember some older builds with speed in mind like this one. Hasn't there been some other project like waterfox, and was it perhaps named something like "Sunfox" or anything?

/Os doesn't mean /O2. /O2 means /Og /Oi /Ot /Oy /Ob2 /Gs /GF /Gy. (reference http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8f8h5cxt.aspx)

And unless you've done some real benchmarks, then the placebo effect is on. I've done hundreds of benchmarks with tenths of programs and various compiler settings and /O2 is the fastest in 99% of the cases, even compared to /Ox (another wrong decision some people make because they "think" it is faster, let alone the stupidest of all which is /Ox /Os)

Feel free to create a couple of builds with various compiler settings and test the speed doing numerous benchmarks. Let us know of the results.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]