Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 188

post #1871 of 7225

Heya...... MrAlex.... YOU'RE ON ASKVG thumb.gif

post #1872 of 7225
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM#t=5m28s

That's how I felt after I downloaded Waterfox. It's fast. Just replace game with browser. I think.
 
I Like This Case
COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k ASRock Z77 Pro3 XFX R9 290 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 LG GH20NS15 Prolimatech PRO-GNSS-BK 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
BitFenix Spectre PWM Windows 7 Home 64-bit Dell SE178WFP Dell U2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Seasonic X-850 Gold Cooler Master HAF-X Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Kabuto Sennheiser PC350 HT|Omega Claro Plus+ 
  hide details  
Reply
 
I Like This Case
COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3770k ASRock Z77 Pro3 XFX R9 290 Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000 LG GH20NS15 Prolimatech PRO-GNSS-BK 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
BitFenix Spectre PWM Windows 7 Home 64-bit Dell SE178WFP Dell U2410 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Seasonic X-850 Gold Cooler Master HAF-X Logitech G700 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Razer Kabuto Sennheiser PC350 HT|Omega Claro Plus+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1873 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amo View Post

MrAlex the updater works just fine for me. Just used it to get 10.0.2! Keep up the fine work!

I re-installed 10.0.1 to see if I could auto-update to 10.0.2 & it wouldn't. I checked the URL in the string ~ String: app.update.url.override;http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/...ON%/update.xml
& I got a page with the 400 error below. It hasn't always done this however & has previously taken me to the Waterfox updating page at SourceForge (even though I couldn't auto-upgrade). This may explain why some people can upgrade & some can't.


An error has been encountered in accessing this page.

1. Server: waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net
2. URL path: /update/%CHANNEL%/%VERSION%/update.xml
3. Error notes: NONE
4. Error type: 400
5. Request method: GET
6. Request query string: NONE
7. Time: 2012-02-24 11:56:26 UTC (1330084586)

Reporting this problem: The problem you have encountered is with a project web site hosted by SourceForge.net. This issue should be reported to the SourceForge.net-hosted project (not to SourceForge.net).

If this is a severe or recurring/persistent problem, please do one of the following, and provide the error text (numbered 1 through 7, above):

Contact the project via their designated support resources.
Contact the project administrators of this project via email (see the upper right-hand corner of the Project Summary page for their usernames) at user-name@users.sourceforge.net

If you are a maintainer of this web content, please refer to the Site Documentation regarding web services for further assistance.

NOTE: As of 2008-10-23 directory index display has been disabled by default. This option may be re-enabled by the project by placing a file with the name ".htaccess" with this line:

Options +Indexes
post #1874 of 7225
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveski View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amo View Post

MrAlex the updater works just fine for me. Just used it to get 10.0.2! Keep up the fine work!

I re-installed 10.0.1 to see if I could auto-update to 10.0.2 & it wouldn't. I checked the URL in the string ~ String: app.update.url.override;http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/...ON%/update.xml
& I got a page with the 400 error below. It hasn't always done this however & has previously taken me to the Waterfox updating page at SourceForge (even though I couldn't auto-upgrade). This may explain why some people can upgrade & some can't.


An error has been encountered in accessing this page.

1. Server: waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net
2. URL path: /update/%CHANNEL%/%VERSION%/update.xml
3. Error notes: NONE
4. Error type: 400
5. Request method: GET
6. Request query string: NONE
7. Time: 2012-02-24 11:56:26 UTC (1330084586)

Reporting this problem: The problem you have encountered is with a project web site hosted by SourceForge.net. This issue should be reported to the SourceForge.net-hosted project (not to SourceForge.net).

If this is a severe or recurring/persistent problem, please do one of the following, and provide the error text (numbered 1 through 7, above):

Contact the project via their designated support resources.
Contact the project administrators of this project via email (see the upper right-hand corner of the Project Summary page for their usernames) at user-name@users.sourceforge.net

If you are a maintainer of this web content, please refer to the Site Documentation regarding web services for further assistance.

NOTE: As of 2008-10-23 directory index display has been disabled by default. This option may be re-enabled by the project by placing a file with the name ".htaccess" with this line:

Options +Indexes


http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/update/%CHANNEL%/%VERSION%/update.xml is not an actual URL. Firefox puts in the channel, i.e release or beta and then the version that it is, i.e 10.0.1 and looks for update.xml containing the details of the next update. It checks every now and then.

For example the URL would be:

http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/update/release/10.0.1/update.xml

Or

http://waterfoxproject.org/update/release/10.0.1/update.xml

    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1875 of 7225
If you could fix this up for 10.0.3 that would be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic. biggrin.gif

(and make it so the installer for 10.0.3 patches an existing install so it correctly updates?
4690K System
(12 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
HP dv6 laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 XFX Radeon 7950 32 GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Samsung DVD/CD-writer Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PA248Q Dell U2412M XFX 850W Black Edition XXX Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual Core E6700 MSI G41M-P33 Combo ATI HD4350 Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 64-bit Sony 32" TV set 
Case
Apex TX-381 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 430M GT230M (1 Gb dedicated) 8 GB DDR3-1066 640 GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
4690K System
(12 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
HP dv6 laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 XFX Radeon 7950 32 GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Samsung DVD/CD-writer Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PA248Q Dell U2412M XFX 850W Black Edition XXX Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual Core E6700 MSI G41M-P33 Combo ATI HD4350 Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 64-bit Sony 32" TV set 
Case
Apex TX-381 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 430M GT230M (1 Gb dedicated) 8 GB DDR3-1066 640 GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1876 of 7225
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Reality View Post

If you could fix this up for 10.0.3 that would be faaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic. :D

(and make it so the installer for 10.0.3 patches an existing install so it correctly updates?


Fix up what? The updater seems to working properly now. At first I wasn't sure if it was fixed, but people have reported to have updated without any problem biggrin.gif

    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1877 of 7225
OK thanks for the explanation MrAlex. I just tried the auto-update & the throbber (Help - About Waterfox) on the pop-up seems to indicate I am indeed up to date. Previously the throbber would not show. So it's fixed for me as well. biggrin.gifthumb.gif
post #1878 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post



Fix up what? The updater seems to working properly now. At first I wasn't sure if it was fixed, but people have reported to have updated without any problem biggrin.gif

Don't know about anyone else, but I had to update manually. It was still saying 10.0.1 was up to date.
post #1879 of 7225

Strange. Updater not working for me.

 

 

Main Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T X6 | 3.2ghz  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX MSI 6970 Lightning | 940/1375 G.Skill Snipers 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Evo  Seagate ST31000524AS  Hitachi HDS5C3020BLE630 None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CM TPC 812 Windows 10 Pro HP w19e: 1440x900 | Sony KDL40S-5100 1920x1080 CMStorm Quick Fire. 
PowerCaseMouse
CM 1050w  Cooler Master Cosmos II Roccat Kone XTD (Optical) 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1090T X6 | 3.2ghz  ASUS Sabertooth 990FX MSI 6970 Lightning | 940/1375 G.Skill Snipers 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 Evo  Seagate ST31000524AS  Hitachi HDS5C3020BLE630 None 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
CM TPC 812 Windows 10 Pro HP w19e: 1440x900 | Sony KDL40S-5100 1920x1080 CMStorm Quick Fire. 
PowerCaseMouse
CM 1050w  Cooler Master Cosmos II Roccat Kone XTD (Optical) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1880 of 7225
Anyone else experiencing periodic freezes/not responding/crashes with eBay tabs open? I don't believe this is confined to Waterfox as I've experienced the same with the FF 64-bit nightlies. I do not see the crashes with 32-bit FF.

Thoughts?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]