Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 210

post #2091 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkilla View Post

kevindd992002 - It paused to buffer. It has nothing to do with Waterfox. In this case it's how fast your internet connection is and the time of day you're watching the video. There's probably a lot of people watching the video right now so it's not streaming very quickly. The only way to view this without it stopping to buffer is by lowering the quality of the video. The higher the resolution, the more data it has to stream and it'll stop to buffer. The lower the resolution the faster it can stream.
412

No, you seem to misunderstood my issue. It is not buffering when the lag issue is happening. I have a very fast Internet connection which loads the whole video for seconds only. As I've said earlier, I do not have any problems when playing this video with IE9 (32-bit and 64-bit) and FF11 (32-bit). With that in mind, the only variable left for consideration is using WF11 (64-bit). So it's got to be this browser that's causing the problem, yes?
post #2092 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

No, you seem to misunderstood my issue. It is not buffering when the lag issue is happening. I have a very fast Internet connection which loads the whole video for seconds only. As I've said earlier, I do not have any problems when playing this video with IE9 (32-bit and 64-bit) and FF11 (32-bit). With that in mind, the only variable left for consideration is using WF11 (64-bit). So it's got to be this browser that's causing the problem, yes?

I played the entire video and it was perfect. No problems at all. I would really recommend uninstalling Firefox and Waterfox then reinstall Waterfox only. Check to make sure you have Adobe Flash 64bit. This way we can find out if Firefox and Waterfox sharing files was the problem. Keep in mind Waterfox 12 is coming out soon which will include lots of bug fixes and new features. This may solve the problem also.

**Anyone else experiencing lag (not buffering) with this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOR_HuHRNs&feature=BFa&list=FLpNMoUim5_RILqqnsTNpF7w
post #2093 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkilla View Post

I played the entire video and it was perfect. No problems at all. I would really recommend uninstalling Firefox and Waterfox then reinstall Waterfox only. Check to make sure you have Adobe Flash 64bit. This way we can find out if Firefox and Waterfox sharing files was the problem. Keep in mind Waterfox 12 is coming out soon which will include lots of bug fixes and new features. This may solve the problem also.
**Anyone else experiencing lag (not buffering) with this video? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpOR_HuHRNs&feature=BFa&list=FLpNMoUim5_RILqqnsTNpF7w

Ok. I did not do that in the first place because, as I've said, there were some plugins that are in FF11 and not in WF11. Yup I have Adobe Flash 64 bit.

Usually, how long after the release of FF12 will WF12 be released?
post #2094 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Ok. I did not do that in the first place because, as I've said, there were some plugins that are in FF11 and not in WF11. Yup I have Adobe Flash 64 bit.
Usually, how long after the release of FF12 will WF12 be released?

Usually anywhere between 1-4 days.
post #2095 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkilla View Post

Usually anywhere between 1-4 days.

Ok. Others also have problems with youtube videos, right?
post #2096 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Ok. Others also have problems with youtube videos, right?

Nope. You're the only one. That's why I asked if others are having the same issue. There's no lag for me. It only stops to buffer the video and continues playing but that's normal with all browsers. Everything is in synch. I've been thinking if there's anything left for you to try but there isn't. You already tried turning off hardware acceleration for both Adobe and Firefox. This should have made a difference but it didn't. To explain what the settings do I included a FAQ at the bottom of that post. You made sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash 64bit and that didn't work. You told me you have a fast internet connection so that's not it. When Waterfox 12 comes out, uninstall Firefox and Waterfox then follow the instructions in post #2011. This will completely remove Firefox and Waterfox so you can install a clean copy of Waterfox 12. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Another thing that could be causing it is any anti-virus running on your computer. Everything you do the anti-virus checks the data so streaming the video is both trying to play and get checked at the same time. If that doesn't work, I'll try to think of something else.

When the video slows down, does the audio slow down also? Are they both in synch?
Edited by djkilla - 4/21/12 at 8:55pm
post #2097 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkilla View Post

Nope. You're the only one. That's why I asked if others are having the same issue. There's no lag for me. It only stops to buffer the video and continues playing but that's normal with all browsers. Everything is in synch. I've been thinking if there's anything left for you to try but there isn't. You already tried turning off hardware acceleration for both Adobe and Firefox. This should have made a difference but it didn't. To explain what the settings do I included a FAQ at the bottom of that post. You made sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash 64bit and that didn't work. You told me you have a fast internet connection so that's not it. When Waterfox 12 comes out, uninstall Firefox and Waterfox then follow the instructions in post #2011. This will completely remove Firefox and Waterfox so you can install a clean copy of Waterfox 12. Hopefully this will solve the problem. Another thing that could be causing it is any anti-virus running on your computer. Everything you do the anti-virus checks the data so streaming the video is both trying to play and get checked at the same time. If that doesn't work, I'll try to think of something else.
When the video slows down, does the audio slow down also? Are they both in synch?

Thank you very much for your help. My anti-virus is Microsoft Security Essentials and is known to produce no problems for most people. If the AV is causing the problems, it should've made videos in FF11 and IE9 also stutter a bit but it doesn't.

Yes both audio and video are in sync. The slow down is actually a very little stutter and the video continues and then after a few seconds it stutters again. The stutter is there if you inspect the video very carefully.
post #2098 of 7225
lol cool official page brought me here smile.gif


*eagerly awaits WF 12*, keep up the good work cheers.gif
Edited by TheHunter - 4/22/12 at 7:15am
post #2099 of 7225
Added another link from FileHippo and an important message for some users at the bottom.

Official final Firefox 12.0 released:

http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/products/download.html?product=firefox-12.0&os=win&lang=en-US

http://download02.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/12.0/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2012.0.exe

http://pv-mirror01.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/12.0/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2012.0.exe

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/12.0/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2012.0.exe

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/12.0/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2012.0.exe

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/

Release Notes:
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/12.0/releasenotes/

IMPORTANT:
Just in case there are those still using Windows 2000, Windows XP RTM or XP Service Pack 1, Firefox 12 will be the last version of the browser from Mozilla to officially support those operating systems. Windows XP SP2 and above will ONLY be supported in the next version of Firefox.
Edited by djkilla - 4/22/12 at 11:50am
post #2100 of 7225
Is there a way, possibly in the about:config, that will force the find menu at the bottom of WaterFox to always appear when ever it's initially opened?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]