Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 259

post #2581 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseTemper View Post

How many plugins do you have?

I only have 5 plugins. Right now, I restarted WF and the plugin-container consumes around 30KB of RAM only. I don't know what happened earlier that made it consume 1GB. Any ideas?
post #2582 of 7225
Sorry to jump in here - can someone tell me whether the WebGL fix that's part of PL1 should fix the Google Maps GL crash problem, or is that something different? Because I'm using PL1 and Maps still crashes every single time. I've tried reinstalling Flash, Silverlight, Java 64-Bit, ATI Catalyst (which is currently 12.4) but nope, every time it crashes. Am I misunderstanding what's meant by 'WebGL fix'?
post #2583 of 7225
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scree View Post

Is there a reason WF (x64) eats every other right-click on an image on a page? For example, the first right-click on an image is ignored, then if I right click again I get the expected context menu (then if again it's ignored again instead of showing the menu in the new spot). Had this issue in previous WF versions too, and never in FF.

 

This might sound ridiculous, but have you tried a different mouse? When one of my mice were dying I would get strange issues such as that. If not then I'm not quite sure why the issue would occur. I see you're using an 8800GTX, are you using the latest drivers? There was an issue on Firefox a while ago where hardware acceleration was causing issues with the context menu, so it could be the drivers or hardware acceleration. But I don't see why these would suddenly start to crop up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoiseTemper View Post

How many plugins do you have?

I only have 5 plugins. Right now, I restarted WF and the plugin-container consumes around 30KB of RAM only. I don't know what happened earlier that made it consume 1GB. Any ideas?

 

Probably just a memory leakage. But that's why you have 8GB of RAM tongue.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hennety View Post

Sorry to jump in here - can someone tell me whether the WebGL fix that's part of PL1 should fix the Google Maps GL crash problem, or is that something different? Because I'm using PL1 and Maps still crashes every single time. I've tried reinstalling Flash, Silverlight, Java 64-Bit, ATI Catalyst (which is currently 12.4) but nope, every time it crashes. Am I misunderstanding what's meant by 'WebGL fix'?

It appears that certain people get the MapsGL crash and some don't. Use this link instead:

http://maps.google.com/?vector=0

    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2584 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Hennety View Post

Sorry to jump in here - can someone tell me whether the WebGL fix that's part of PL1 should fix the Google Maps GL crash problem, or is that something different? Because I'm using PL1 and Maps still crashes every single time. I've tried reinstalling Flash, Silverlight, Java 64-Bit, ATI Catalyst (which is currently 12.4) but nope, every time it crashes. Am I misunderstanding what's meant by 'WebGL fix'?
There's something wrong with the gkmedias.dll included with Waterfox which is causing this crash.

Unfortunately MrAlex can not reproduce the crash, so I'm not sure he's trying to fix it.

Anyway, thanks to xunxun1982's suggestions I found that if you simply replace gkmedias.dll with the one from:
http://htguardmozilla.googlecode.com/files/firefox-13.0.en-US.win64-x86_64.7z

Google MapsGL will then work perfectly smile.gif

If you don't want to download a 17MB file just for a ~1MB DLL, I've uploaded just the DLL that you need here (~440KB zip file):
http://www.mediafire.com/?dp79syc3oh8w3t2

To fix it simply backup/delete the gkmedias.dll in your Waterfox directory and replace it with the one you downloaded.

Hope this helps.
Edited by BMT - 6/9/12 at 4:47am
Core i7 Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 @ 2.93 GHz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (Rev. 1.0) PALIT GTX 760 Jetstream 12GB DDR3 1600 Mhz (6x2GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Samsung HD103UJ Samsung HD103SJ Samsung HD204UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
LiteOn iHAS524 DVD RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 ViewSonic VX2260WM Seasonic X-Series 650W SS-650KM3 
Case
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced RC-692A-KKN5 
  hide details  
Reply
Core i7 Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 @ 2.93 GHz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (Rev. 1.0) PALIT GTX 760 Jetstream 12GB DDR3 1600 Mhz (6x2GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Samsung HD103UJ Samsung HD103SJ Samsung HD204UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
LiteOn iHAS524 DVD RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 ViewSonic VX2260WM Seasonic X-Series 650W SS-650KM3 
Case
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced RC-692A-KKN5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2585 of 7225
BMT - that's done the trick! Thanks very much - great stuff thumb.gif
post #2586 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Is it normal for WF13 to run a a plugin-container process in task manager that consumes around 1GB of RAM and firefox.exe that also consumes 1GB? I have a couple of tabs but not too many.

I have the same problem with Waterfox, Firefox and PaleMoon x64 with the three running de SAME profile, memory use or leakage starts at about 350mb for the x64 and 230 mb for firefox x86
During the session (I have extension called memory restart that shows it) memory use starts growing, I have registered up to 2 GB. yes two gigas. Yesterday I did a test, with watefox open, with NO tabs just a blank page, after a session of opening multiple tabs, but at that moment only a blan tab, memory use was at about 750 MB, one hour later, with out doing anything (just open in thte background) it was at 900 MB, There has to be some kind of leak!!!!

Windows 7 x64, 7 GB RAM

Ideas?
post #2587 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scree View Post

Is there a reason WF (x64) eats every other right-click on an image on a page? For example, the first right-click on an image is ignored, then if I right click again I get the expected context menu (then if again it's ignored again instead of showing the menu in the new spot). Had this issue in previous WF versions too, and never in FF.
Do you use Image Zoom?
post #2588 of 7225
Hmm, just got another flash plugin crash.. frown.gif
Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: plugin-container.exe
Application Version: 13.0.0.4540
Application Timestamp: 4fcf4e44
Fault Module Name: NPSWF64_11_2_202_235.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.2.202.235
Fault Module Timestamp: 4f9af721
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000055cb89
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1060
Additional Information 1: 7327
Additional Information 2: 7327e52a136413714339f251bfe50dcb
Additional Information 3: 5334
Additional Information 4: 53343aaf658d5bf4813dcc49550670eb



This time it happened when i visited beatport and tried to play some music.. Idk this WF13 looks a bit unstable, WF 12 was 100% flash stable.
post #2589 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post

This might sound ridiculous, but have you tried a different mouse? When one of my mice were dying I would get strange issues such as that. If not then I'm not quite sure why the issue would occur. I see you're using an 8800GTX, are you using the latest drivers? There was an issue on Firefox a while ago where hardware acceleration was causing issues with the context menu, so it could be the drivers or hardware acceleration. But I don't see why these would suddenly start to crop up.

Probably just a memory leakage. But that's why you have 8GB of RAM tongue.gif

It appears that certain people get the MapsGL crash and some don't. Use this link instead:
http://maps.google.com/?vector=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElQuia View Post

I have the same problem with Waterfox, Firefox and PaleMoon x64 with the three running de SAME profile, memory use or leakage starts at about 350mb for the x64 and 230 mb for firefox x86
During the session (I have extension called memory restart that shows it) memory use starts growing, I have registered up to 2 GB. yes two gigas. Yesterday I did a test, with watefox open, with NO tabs just a blank page, after a session of opening multiple tabs, but at that moment only a blan tab, memory use was at about 750 MB, one hour later, with out doing anything (just open in thte background) it was at 900 MB, There has to be some kind of leak!!!!
Windows 7 x64, 7 GB RAM
Ideas?

So does Mozilla acknowledge this memory leak issue and are they doing anything to solve it?
post #2590 of 7225
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post

This might sound ridiculous, but have you tried a different mouse? When one of my mice were dying I would get strange issues such as that. If not then I'm not quite sure why the issue would occur. I see you're using an 8800GTX, are you using the latest drivers? There was an issue on Firefox a while ago where hardware acceleration was causing issues with the context menu, so it could be the drivers or hardware acceleration. But I don't see why these would suddenly start to crop up.

Probably just a memory leakage. But that's why you have 8GB of RAM tongue.gif

It appears that certain people get the MapsGL crash and some don't. Use this link instead:
http://maps.google.com/?vector=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElQuia View Post

I have the same problem with Waterfox, Firefox and PaleMoon x64 with the three running de SAME profile, memory use or leakage starts at about 350mb for the x64 and 230 mb for firefox x86
During the session (I have extension called memory restart that shows it) memory use starts growing, I have registered up to 2 GB. yes two gigas. Yesterday I did a test, with watefox open, with NO tabs just a blank page, after a session of opening multiple tabs, but at that moment only a blan tab, memory use was at about 750 MB, one hour later, with out doing anything (just open in thte background) it was at 900 MB, There has to be some kind of leak!!!!
Windows 7 x64, 7 GB RAM
Ideas?

So does Mozilla acknowledge this memory leak issue and are they doing anything to solve it?


Yep:

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Performance/MemShrink

 
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]