Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 260

post #2591 of 7225
I just noticed new flash player 11.3.300.257 (i have 11.2.202.235 atm). Installing now, hopefully its under control smile.gif
post #2592 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post


Yep:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Performance/MemShrink
 


Seems like their last minutes was last March?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post

I just noticed new flash player 11.3.300.257 (i have 11.2.202.235 atm). Installing now, hopefully its under control smile.gif

Thanks smile.gif
post #2593 of 7225
Adobe Flash 11.3.300.257 has been released with lots of new features. Ladies and gentleman, time to update!

* New features:
- Full screen keyboard input for Flash Player
- Low latency audio support for streaming audio through NetStream
- Low latency audio support for Sound API
- Protected mode for Firefox (Windows® Only)
- Texture streaming

* Enhancements and bug fixes related to stability, performance, and device compatibility.


Check to see if you have the latest version Adobe Flash 11.3.300.257: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Reinstall Adobe Flash by doing the following:
1) Download and run the 'Official Adobe Flash Uninstaller'
http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe

2) (Optional) Open Windows Explorer and delete the following folders:
C:\Windows\System32\Macromed
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed
**If you can't find/locate the folders, then skip this step.

3) Reinstall the latest Adobe Flash Player:
For Internet Explorer 32bit & 64bit - http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe
For Waterfox and other browsers 32bit & 64bit - http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe

**You can install both. That's what I do so I have the latest Adobe Flash for everything.

4) You're done! Using these steps will properly remove Adobe Flash and reinstall a fresh copy.
Edited by djkilla - 6/9/12 at 9:02am
post #2594 of 7225
My waterfox 13 PL1 won't start frown.gif

I never had problems with my waterfox 12, I guess I'll have to downgrade. Here is my error if I try to run waterfox PL1:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: firefox.exe
Application Version: 13.0.0.4540
Application Timestamp: 4fcf4e71
Fault Module Name: xul.dll
Fault Module Version: 13.0.0.4540
Fault Module Timestamp: 4fcf4e3d
Exception Code: c000001d
Exception Offset: 0000000000be74ea
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7422
Additional Information 2: 7422d95d855e9f6281af97be599b0e34
Additional Information 3: a00f
Additional Information 4: a00f68c9c62009fd11ff90c0b9336c0d


I already upgraded flash 11.3, reinstalled the microsoft C++ distributables, didn't bother with the intel ones because I'm using an ancient athlon 64 3000+. If I should install the intel files let me know. Also I tried to reinstall waterfox 13 PL1 but I still get the same error message frown.gif

Any ideas?
post #2595 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerninja View Post

My waterfox 13 PL1 won't start frown.gif
I never had problems with my waterfox 12, I guess I'll have to downgrade. Here is my error if I try to run waterfox PL1:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: firefox.exe
Application Version: 13.0.0.4540
Application Timestamp: 4fcf4e71
Fault Module Name: xul.dll
Fault Module Version: 13.0.0.4540
Fault Module Timestamp: 4fcf4e3d
Exception Code: c000001d
Exception Offset: 0000000000be74ea
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7422
Additional Information 2: 7422d95d855e9f6281af97be599b0e34
Additional Information 3: a00f
Additional Information 4: a00f68c9c62009fd11ff90c0b9336c0d
I already upgraded flash 11.3, reinstalled the microsoft C++ distributables, didn't bother with the intel ones because I'm using an ancient athlon 64 3000+. If I should install the intel files let me know. Also I tried to reinstall waterfox 13 PL1 but I still get the same error message frown.gif
Any ideas?


I had that bug (xul.dll) with WF13 too, uninstall FF13 and reinstall it again. smile.gif
http://www.overclock.net/t/975626/waterfox-v13-pl1-6-jun-firefox-64-bit/2560_20#post_17436953
Edited by TheHunter - 6/9/12 at 9:22am
post #2596 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkilla View Post

Adobe Flash 11.3.300.257 has been released with lots of new features. Ladies and gentleman, time to update!
* New features:
- Full screen keyboard input for Flash Player
- Low latency audio support for streaming audio through NetStream
- Low latency audio support for Sound API
- Protected mode for Firefox (Windows® Only)
- Texture streaming
* Enhancements and bug fixes related to stability, performance, and device compatibility.

Check to see if you have the latest version Adobe Flash 11.3.300.257: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
Reinstall Adobe Flash by doing the following:
1) Download and run the 'Official Adobe Flash Uninstaller'
http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player.exe
2) (Optional) Open Windows Explorer and delete the following folders:
C:\Windows\System32\Macromed
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed
**If you can't find/locate the folders, then skip this step.
3) Reinstall the latest Adobe Flash Player:
For Internet Explorer 32bit & 64bit - http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x.exe
For Waterfox and other browsers 32bit & 64bit - http://download.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin.exe
**You can install both. That's what I do so I have the latest Adobe Flash for everything.
4) You're done! Using these steps will properly remove Adobe Flash and reinstall a fresh copy.

Still unsmooth playback with WF13 frown.gif
post #2597 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Still unsmooth playback with WF13 frown.gif
Do you have Hardware Acceleration enabled for Flash Player? If not try enabling it - I've never had an issues with Flash related to Waterfox, plays perfectly smoothly for me (1080p video, etc).
Core i7 Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 @ 2.93 GHz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (Rev. 1.0) PALIT GTX 760 Jetstream 12GB DDR3 1600 Mhz (6x2GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Samsung HD103UJ Samsung HD103SJ Samsung HD204UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
LiteOn iHAS524 DVD RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 ViewSonic VX2260WM Seasonic X-Series 650W SS-650KM3 
Case
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced RC-692A-KKN5 
  hide details  
Reply
Core i7 Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 @ 2.93 GHz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (Rev. 1.0) PALIT GTX 760 Jetstream 12GB DDR3 1600 Mhz (6x2GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Samsung HD103UJ Samsung HD103SJ Samsung HD204UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
LiteOn iHAS524 DVD RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 ViewSonic VX2260WM Seasonic X-Series 650W SS-650KM3 
Case
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced RC-692A-KKN5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2598 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT View Post

Do you have Hardware Acceleration enabled for Flash Player? If not try enabling it - I've never had an issues with Flash related to Waterfox, plays perfectly smoothly for me (1080p video, etc).

Yes I do have that enabled. Even MrAlex has that issue with Flash. DId you try to compare it with how smooth Youtube videos play with FF13? You'll know the difference. With WF13, it has some minimal stutter that is noticeable if you really look into it.
post #2599 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Yes I do have that enabled. Even MrAlex has that issue with Flash. DId you try to compare it with how smooth Youtube videos play with FF13? You'll know the difference. With WF13, it has some minimal stutter that is noticeable if you really look into it.
Sorry, I literally have no stuttering - it makes no difference if I'm using FF13 or WF13.
Core i7 Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 @ 2.93 GHz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (Rev. 1.0) PALIT GTX 760 Jetstream 12GB DDR3 1600 Mhz (6x2GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Samsung HD103UJ Samsung HD103SJ Samsung HD204UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
LiteOn iHAS524 DVD RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 ViewSonic VX2260WM Seasonic X-Series 650W SS-650KM3 
Case
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced RC-692A-KKN5 
  hide details  
Reply
Core i7 Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 @ 2.93 GHz Gigabyte X58A-UD3R (Rev. 1.0) PALIT GTX 760 Jetstream 12GB DDR3 1600 Mhz (6x2GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Samsung HD103UJ Samsung HD103SJ Samsung HD204UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
LiteOn iHAS524 DVD RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 ViewSonic VX2260WM Seasonic X-Series 650W SS-650KM3 
Case
Cooler Master 690 II Advanced RC-692A-KKN5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2600 of 7225
I don't have any issues playing 1080p flash videos with Waterfox 13, even multiple ones at the same time.

They are just as smooth as any other browser.
Primary
(15 items)
 
Secondary
(13 items)
 
Vishera Testbed
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.3GHz, 1.225v Gigabyte X99 SOC Champion (F4m) 2x Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X OC New Edition (10036... 4x4GiB Crucial @ 2667, 12-12-12-28-T1, 1.35v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Plextor M6e 128GB (fw 1.05) M.2 (PCI-E 2.0 2x) 2x Crucial M4 256GB 4x WD Scorpio Black 500GB Cooler Master Nepton 280L 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 BenQ BL3200PT Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless (MX Brown) Corsair RM1000x 
CaseMouseAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 CM Storm Spawn Realtek ALC1150 + M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5670 Gigabyte X58A-UD5 r2.0 w/FF3mod10 BIOS Reference R9 290X w/Stilt's MLU 1000e / 1375m E... 2x Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US @ 1600MT/s 7-8-8-19-T1,... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1x Crucial BLT4G3D1608ET3LX0 @ 1600MT/s 7-8-8-1... OCZ (Toshiba) Trion 150 120GB Hitachi Deskstar 7k1000.C 1TB 2x Seagate 7200.10 RAID 0 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Prolimatech Genesis + 2x140mm Cougar 1200rpm Windows Server 2008 R2 Antec TP-750 Antec P182 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-9590 @ 5GHz, 1.55v ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Reference NVIDIA GTX 780 2x8GiB G.Skill DDR3-1866 10-11-10-30-T1, 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M500 480GB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB XSPC RX360 + X20 750 + Raystorm Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell S2740L Seasonic SS-860XP2 Coolermaster HAF-932 
  hide details  
Reply
Primary
(15 items)
 
Secondary
(13 items)
 
Vishera Testbed
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820K @ 4.3GHz, 1.225v Gigabyte X99 SOC Champion (F4m) 2x Sapphire R9 290X Tri-X OC New Edition (10036... 4x4GiB Crucial @ 2667, 12-12-12-28-T1, 1.35v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Plextor M6e 128GB (fw 1.05) M.2 (PCI-E 2.0 2x) 2x Crucial M4 256GB 4x WD Scorpio Black 500GB Cooler Master Nepton 280L 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Professional x64 SP1 BenQ BL3200PT Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless (MX Brown) Corsair RM1000x 
CaseMouseAudio
Fractal Design Define R4 CM Storm Spawn Realtek ALC1150 + M-Audio AV40 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5670 Gigabyte X58A-UD5 r2.0 w/FF3mod10 BIOS Reference R9 290X w/Stilt's MLU 1000e / 1375m E... 2x Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US @ 1600MT/s 7-8-8-19-T1,... 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
1x Crucial BLT4G3D1608ET3LX0 @ 1600MT/s 7-8-8-1... OCZ (Toshiba) Trion 150 120GB Hitachi Deskstar 7k1000.C 1TB 2x Seagate 7200.10 RAID 0 
CoolingOSPowerCase
Prolimatech Genesis + 2x140mm Cougar 1200rpm Windows Server 2008 R2 Antec TP-750 Antec P182 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DS 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX-9590 @ 5GHz, 1.55v ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Reference NVIDIA GTX 780 2x8GiB G.Skill DDR3-1866 10-11-10-30-T1, 1.5v 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial M500 480GB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB XSPC RX360 + X20 750 + Raystorm Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 
MonitorPowerCase
Dell S2740L Seasonic SS-860XP2 Coolermaster HAF-932 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]