Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 261

post #2601 of 7225
I just read about the new protected mode in Flash: https://blogs.adobe.com/asset/2012/06/inside-flash-player-protected-mode-for-firefox.html

As you can see in the screenshots with Flash 11.3 now the plugin-container.exe starts its own child processes and one of them has a low integrity level. This does not happen with Waterfox and the 64 Bit version of Flash.

Is this feature missing in the 64 Bit Version of Flash or isn't Flash using this feature because it does not recognize a valid Firefox on top of it?
post #2602 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMT View Post

Sorry, I literally have no stuttering - it makes no difference if I'm using FF13 or WF13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blameless View Post

I don't have any issues playing 1080p flash videos with Waterfox 13, even multiple ones at the same time.
They are just as smooth as any other browser.

@MrAlex

What do you think is my issue with Flash Player? These guys aren't experiencing any stuttering like I do frown.gif

I remember, though, that there are also other users experiencing the same stuttering problem.
post #2603 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

@MrAlex
What do you think is my issue with Flash Player? These guys aren't experiencing any stuttering like I do frown.gif
I remember, though, that there are also other users experiencing the same stuttering problem.

I don't have any stuttering either. There's lots of factors that could be causing this. How much RAM you have, processor speed, if you have hardware acceleration on or off in both Waterfox and Adobe Flash Player (Both have this setting), and your video graphics card and drivers. You'll have to try different settings and update your video drivers to see if that works. Maybe your hardware needs to be upgraded. It's hard to just give an answer because there's too many factors but you can narrow or solve the problem by trying to figure it out yourself. Some other areas to check that could cause this is your internet speed. Have you power cycled your modem? This could speed up your connection by reconfiguring your internet route. I would also recommend flushing your DNS while you're at it. I know it's a lot of stuff to do but I'm sure you can solve it by taking the time to find the problem.

I know a few others have this same problem. My suggestions apply to them too. No two computers are the same. But if many of us don't have this problem and some do then it's probably because of the hardware, settings and the speed/setup of their internet connection. Believe it or not, there's lots more things it could be like if you're using a proxy, VPN, etc.. Like I said, too many factors that could be causing the stuttering for you.
post #2604 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDeath View Post

I just read about the new protected mode in Flash: https://blogs.adobe.com/asset/2012/06/inside-flash-player-protected-mode-for-firefox.html
As you can see in the screenshots with Flash 11.3 now the plugin-container.exe starts its own child processes and one of them has a low integrity level. This does not happen with Waterfox and the 64 Bit version of Flash.
Is this feature missing in the 64 Bit Version of Flash or isn't Flash using this feature because it does not recognize a valid Firefox on top of it?

Good question. I haven't had the chance to install the latest flash yet but I assume the feature should work. It could be how it's implemented in 64bit compared to 32bit. I know Waterfox has it's own rebranding but it should still work. I'll have to check the user agent and see if that's causing flash to not detect Waterfox as a Firefox build.
post #2605 of 7225
I have Scriptish and Waterfox 13 PL, when I watch youtube videos with Yousabletubefix enabled (with scriptish), the whole gui freezes, and when I close firefox, it can not start again, showing a empty window. Does anyone have same issues? Without Yousabletubefix its all fine, it started after recent Yousabletubefix update.
post #2606 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkilla View Post

I don't have any stuttering either. There's lots of factors that could be causing this. How much RAM you have, processor speed, if you have hardware acceleration on or off in both Waterfox and Adobe Flash Player (Both have this setting), and your video graphics card and drivers. You'll have to try different settings and update your video drivers to see if that works. Maybe your hardware needs to be upgraded. It's hard to just give an answer because there's too many factors but you can narrow or solve the problem by trying to figure it out yourself. Some other areas to check that could cause this is your internet speed. Have you power cycled your modem? This could speed up your connection by reconfiguring your internet route. I would also recommend flushing your DNS while you're at it. I know it's a lot of stuff to do but I'm sure you can solve it by taking the time to find the problem.
I know a few others have this same problem. My suggestions apply to them too. No two computers are the same. But if many of us don't have this problem and some do then it's probably because of the hardware, settings and the speed/setup of their internet connection. Believe it or not, there's lots more things it could be like if you're using a proxy, VPN, etc.. Like I said, too many factors that could be causing the stuttering for you.

I understand you but I think my hardware is more than enough to play 1080p Youtube videos smile.gif

1.) Hardware acceleration: enabled both in WF and Adobe Flash
2.) Video card: GTX560M with Nvidia 296.10 WHQL (I even tried 301.42 WHQL which is the latest one and still has the same problem)
3.) RAM: 8GB 1600MHz Kingston PnP
4.) CPU: i7-2670QM 2.2GHz (up to 3.1GHz Turbo)
5.) Definitely not because of my Internet speed because every video that I've watched streams fast (no buffer). I also told this forum before that the stutter even occurs even after the whole video is finished loading and I replay it from the start. I use a 30Mbps/1.5Mbps connection with very low latency. DNS is setup optimally by my pfsense router box.

So yeah, I would consider my system up-to-date. This is why I'm confused why I'm having this issue. As I've said, I don't have any problems with FF13 and IE.
post #2607 of 7225
I have this strange page-load problem with Waterfox and overclock.net forum. I have to force page-refresh (ctrl+F5) every time I visit this forum. Normal F5 will not update pages on this website.
Say, I visited this thread yesterday and its latest page was at 259. When I visited this thread again today, it still showed latest page as 259. I had to ctrl+F5 for the thread to update to page 261.

I had already changed "browser.cache.check_doc_frequency" to "1". It does not solve my problem. I still have to ctrl+F5 every time I visit this forum.
I have never had this problem with other website though. Every other websites update properly whenever I visit them.

By the way, on the subject of Flash stuttering playback. I used to have that problem when I used Firefox but not since I switched to Waterfox.
It could be because I completely disabled Session Restore function when I installed Waterfox. I have read that frequent session saving can cause stuttering.
post #2608 of 7225
@djkilla

I think I know the problem with Waterfox now. When, I reformat my PC I save my tabs and bookmarks by copying sessionstore.js in the roaming folder of mozilla and by exporting bookmarks.html, respectively. I tried deleting sessionstore.js now in order to refresh my tabs and surprisingly the Youtube videos play smoothly with WF13 now. I think the problem is because I copied an old format of sessionstore.js to my profile, can this be it?

Anyhow, how do you refresh my Firefox/Waterfox profile to start freshly?
post #2609 of 7225
Okay, those of you having Flash issues with FF13 or Waterfox 13, it is NOT the browser that is causing the problem. It is the latest version of Flash. In their effort to make it more difficult to exploit Flash security vulnerabilities, they have changed the way Flash interacts with the OS. Here's the low down:
http://www.ghacks.net/2012/06/10/flash-player-update-fix-freezes-crashes-in-firefox/
post #2610 of 7225
I just did a fresh install of Firefox with a new profile and everything. It seems that Youtube videos are playing in WF13 smoothly when I don't have lots of tabs. I tried manually opening all my tabs (I manually copied all links to a text file before reinstalling) and then playing Youtube videos again and it seems that it is stuttering again. There's got to be one or more tabs that are interfering with Youtube or something, right? Again, this does not happen with FF13. So I don't know what step will I perform next.

Please help frown.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]