Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 316

post #3151 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

What is vimeo?
If you read the links I gave, I stated there that my problem (low cpu usage but dropped frames) is only present in the "main tab group" of WF14. Any other browser (IE-32bit, IE-64bit, FF14, Opera x64), the problem is not present. So I don't think it is the GPU there. Besides my GPU is a GTX 560M and is more than enough to handle these videos. Also, I use the latest 304.79 for my NVIDIA driver.

kevin have you tried enabling/disabling some settings from the Nvidia Display driver? If you haven't, try disabling some presets there. I think there is some settings interfering with how GTX560M renders some videos in your case. Again this just my guess lol.
    
CPUGraphicsRAMRAM
Intel® Core™ i3-2100 Intel HD Graphics 2000 Patriot Memory 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Sharetonic 2GB DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 Lenovo L2061wA A4Tech KD-800L Backlit Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
FSP 180W slim-tower power supply Lenovo OEM Lenovo OEM Realtek High Definition Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMRAM
Intel® Core™ i3-2100 Intel HD Graphics 2000 Patriot Memory 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Sharetonic 2GB DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 Lenovo L2061wA A4Tech KD-800L Backlit Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
FSP 180W slim-tower power supply Lenovo OEM Lenovo OEM Realtek High Definition Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3152 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty77 View Post

kevin have you tried enabling/disabling some settings from the Nvidia Display driver? If you haven't, try disabling some presets there. I think there is some settings interfering with how GTX560M renders some videos in your case. Again this just my guess lol.

Which settings specifically? Well, this could be the case but how do you explain the problem only present in my main tab group? That alone is bothering the hell out of me. I can't believe why the problem isn't present in other tab groups.
post #3153 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankleoboy1 View Post

MrAlex :
the banner animation on the homepage of waterfox is jerky on Waterfox14.0.2 (but smooth in firefox 17) .
So a redesign of some of the elements might be needed.
In effect, the webpage that is promoting the browser does not work that well in the browser itself ! tongue.gif
The banner runs normal here. But the whole side is not made for speed.
17 external Javascript scripts
6 external stylesheets
10 external background images
is really really way way to much. There are 50 or more HTTP requests.
Also no gzip.
And never put javascript in the header cause it blocks parallel downloads.

And you can reduce CPU usage if you set jQuery fx interval to something between 50-70.
Quote:
jQuery.fx.interval = 70;
post #3154 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Which settings specifically? Well, this could be the case but how do you explain the problem only present in my main tab group? That alone is bothering the hell out of me. I can't believe why the problem isn't present in other tab groups.

As I only have intel hd graphics I don't know which setting it is that you need to tweak on. Try disabling certain settings one at a time.
    
CPUGraphicsRAMRAM
Intel® Core™ i3-2100 Intel HD Graphics 2000 Patriot Memory 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Sharetonic 2GB DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 Lenovo L2061wA A4Tech KD-800L Backlit Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
FSP 180W slim-tower power supply Lenovo OEM Lenovo OEM Realtek High Definition Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMRAM
Intel® Core™ i3-2100 Intel HD Graphics 2000 Patriot Memory 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Sharetonic 2GB DDR3 1333MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit SP1 Lenovo L2061wA A4Tech KD-800L Backlit Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
FSP 180W slim-tower power supply Lenovo OEM Lenovo OEM Realtek High Definition Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3155 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

What is vimeo?
One of the best if not the best and most popular video-sharing site.
post #3156 of 7225
Quote:
The banner runs normal here. But the whole side is not made for speed.

just compare it to : FF17/IE9/opera/chrome. I am specifically talking about the banner animation. there is definite jerkiness compared to the other browsers. FF 14 too has the same proble, Since its smooth in FF17, it could be inherent to the mozilla base code.

Quote:
And you can reduce CPU usage if you set jQuery fx interval to something between 50-70.

also, this page uses huge amount of CPU compared to chrome/opera.

On IE9/WF14/FF17 :

Idle : 7% CPU use
animation : 15%
Quick scrolling : 23%


Opera/Chrome :
idle : 1%
animation : 2%
scroll : 4%

out of a possible 25% (i have a quad core CPU)

so WF/FF uses double the CPU idling the page, than the competition does in animation+scroll.

That said, it does look great.
Edited by mayankleoboy1 - 7/29/12 at 3:46am
post #3157 of 7225
I'm not able start Waterfox. It installs smoothly but when I try to start it, only a transparent window appears for a second on the screen and disappears immediately after, no process in memory or whatsoever indication it works. I've been told the Waterfox is working only with native 64bit CPUs with native 64bit OS - my CPU is Athlon64 3200+ with Windows 7 (64) so I think it's not an hardware problem. I'll be glad for any help.

P. S. I have Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable installed as well.
Edited by Fingli - 7/29/12 at 6:14am
post #3158 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingli View Post

I'm not able start Waterfox. It installs smoothly but when I try to start it, only a transparent window appears for a second on the screen and disappears immediately after, no process in memory or whatsoever indication it works. I've been told the Waterfox is working only with native 64bit CPUs with native 64bit OS - my CPU is Athlon64 3200+ with Windows 7 (64) so I think it's not an hardware problem. I'll be glad for any help.
P. S. I have Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redistributable installed as well.
What Athlon 64 do you have? A ClawHammer, Newcastle, Winchester or newer? This three do not have SSE3 and it looks
like Athlon has a problem with arch:SSE3 .
Edited by MrGlasspoole - 7/29/12 at 7:26am
post #3159 of 7225
I have this bug. When I click the add-ons Options button the whole add-ons list disappears and nothing happens. WF 1402, according to the SF page.
post #3160 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty77 View Post

As I only have intel hd graphics I don't know which setting it is that you need to tweak on. Try disabling certain settings one at a time.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlasspoole View Post

One of the best if not the best and most popular video-sharing site.

Ok, will try to play a video there and report back.

@all

A little off-topic here. Why is it that when I press multi on different posts and then press reply on any post, it quotes that last post also?! Shouldn't it just direct me to the box where I can type with the quoted (multi-clicked) posts that I made?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]