Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 375

post #3741 of 7225
Hey guys, I disabled Hardware Acceleration in the Flash config, but I'm wondering should I disable it in the Waterfox settings?
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
Swag's Venus
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8GHz Asus Maximus V Gene EVGA GTX 680 G.Skill RipJaws X 16GB (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 830 Crucial M4 Corsair H100i Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Dell U2713HM Crossover 27Q (3x) Ducky TKL OCN-Version Corsair AX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair C70 (Military Green) Razer DeathAdder BE Steelseries QCK+ Beats Pro 
AudioAudio
Bose Surround Sound 5.1 Beats Tours 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3742 of 7225
for me xmarks made it freeze all the time. now that i made not syn automatic it is runnig fine so far.

maybe check the extensions
post #3743 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBox View Post

I've been using 64-bit IE9 because Waterfox keeps crashing due to high memory use. So I guess I have to wait till the next update for this problem to be solved?

Submit a bug report to Mozzila.

Alex just said he won't touch the memory code on Waterfox (for good reasons).
So don't expect the next Waterfox to fix the issue unless Mozilla fixes it also.
post #3744 of 7225
I keep getting an error message saying, "The older version of Waterfox cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group."

Anyone else ever had this problem?
post #3745 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCY View Post

I keep getting an error message saying, "The older version of Waterfox cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group."
Anyone else ever had this problem?

I could make an assumption as to the situation this occurred in, but I won't. Please give more info.

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Bug_writing_guidelines
post #3746 of 7225
Hi, I want to report a bug. My settings are to display a blank page when Waterfox starts. However, when I open new tabs, I DO NOT get a blank page. Instead the browser tries to open an address and displaying "The address isn't valid. The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded."... In Firefox this doesn't happen. One gets a new tab without the browser trying to open an imaginary address.

Could you please fix this?

This bug causes unnecessary problems.

With firefox: Ctrl T followed by "gmail.com"

With Waterfox: Ctrl T- wait for it to display the error- then left click on the URL bar and enter "gmail.com".

Thanks!
post #3747 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoryahoo View Post

Hi, I want to report a bug. My settings are to display a blank page when Waterfox starts. However, when I open new tabs, I DO NOT get a blank page. Instead the browser tries to open an address and displaying "The address isn't valid. The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded."... In Firefox this doesn't happen. One gets a new tab without the browser trying to open an imaginary address.
Could you please fix this?
This bug causes unnecessary problems.
With firefox: Ctrl T followed by "gmail.com"
With Waterfox: Ctrl T- wait for it to display the error- then left click on the URL bar and enter "gmail.com".
Thanks!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post

MrAlex, I'm still having problems with the new tab page. It always come out as an invalid or error page.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post

Thanks, I will try this, but how about the new tab page? This only addresses the homepage issue.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Swag View Post

Problem fixed. Turns out it's because I uninstalled Chrome and it deleted some files along with it. Don't know why since they're both in different folders... Also, when I'm on the homepage and there's that search bar in the middle for the traditional Mozilla google search, I can't seem to use it. Anyone have an answer?
post #3748 of 7225
KennyParker, I appreciate your quick response. This solved it: "I have found a solution that solves my problem. I went into about:config, browser.newtab.url and changed the about:newtab to about:blank. I am very happy that I can add new tabs without errors and the blank page works for me. "

You might consider changing the about:newtab to about:blank by default when one chooses a blank page as startup.

Thanks again.
post #3749 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyparker1337 View Post

I could make an assumption as to the situation this occurred in, but I won't. Please give more info.
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Bug_writing_guidelines

Well there is no previous version of Waterfox installed, but yet it keeps giving me that error message every time I attempt to install the latest version.
post #3750 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCY View Post

Well there is no previous version of Waterfox installed, but yet it keeps giving me that error message every time I attempt to install the latest version.

It seems like your error might be due to a invalid registry entry left behind.

Try downloading CCleaner and using the Fix Registry tool. Fix all errors it finds. Reboot and try to install again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]