Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 50

post #491 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal0307 View Post
I'm having issues downloading the installer. I tried under waterfox and now firefox. I click download it loads and then nothing.
I just downloaded using waterfox with no problems. Try this link, http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/click.php?id=8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by animal0307 View Post
Hey guys I have a problem running Hulu. Running beta 5.2 and as far as I can tell flash is installed correctly. I get the message "Unable to load player, Try clearing browser cache." Gave it it a shot and nothing. May try updating to 5.3
I've been having the same problem, I tried clearing all private data and it didn't help. I just load up hulu in chrome whenever I want to watch something there.
Edited by Taylorsci - 6/19/11 at 10:45am
post #492 of 7225
That did it thanks.

Still has issues with Hulu. I updated to WaterFox 5 and updated my flash to the lastest version according to the download link.
Edited by animal0307 - 6/19/11 at 10:48am
post #493 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorsci View Post
I just downloaded using waterfox with no problems. Try this link, http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/click.php?id=8.



I've been having the same problem, I tried clearing all private data and it didn't help. I just load up hulu in chrome whenever I want to watch something there.
Doing the same here. Not a showstopper for me.
XOM-B
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5460 @4255MHz GA-EP45-UD3P ASUS 970 Atrix 4GB OC Corsair CM2X2048-8500C5 (2X2GB) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (2X2GB) WD Raptor Samsung 850 EV0 (250GB) Kingston V300 SSDNow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro LG 25 UMP57 Ducky DK2108S Corsair 750TX 
CaseMouse
Coolermaster HAF XB Razer Diamondback/Kensington Expert Mouse/Logit... 
  hide details  
Reply
XOM-B
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5460 @4255MHz GA-EP45-UD3P ASUS 970 Atrix 4GB OC Corsair CM2X2048-8500C5 (2X2GB) 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
G.Skill F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK (2X2GB) WD Raptor Samsung 850 EV0 (250GB) Kingston V300 SSDNow 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro LG 25 UMP57 Ducky DK2108S Corsair 750TX 
CaseMouse
Coolermaster HAF XB Razer Diamondback/Kensington Expert Mouse/Logit... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #494 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by animal0307 View Post
That did it thanks.

Still has issues with Hulu. I updated to WaterFox 5 and updated my flash to the lastest version according to the download link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfe_vern View Post
Doing the same here. Not a showstopper for me.
Yeah no big deal, the weird thing is I can watch hulu shows on fancast.com. That doesn't make any sense to me, since it's just embedded hulu videos (mostly).
post #495 of 7225
I just switch over to good old fire fox. Or just use my laptop. It would be nice to know why though.
post #496 of 7225
I just installed WaterFox 5.0. It's actually noticeably faster for me. I also cannot load Hulu videos although it's not a huge deal for me because I use Chrome on my second monitor to watch all of my videos. I don't know if it's something Mozilla will update or a plugin or something that has to be fixed in waterfox itself.

Thanks for the download though!
The Rig of Power
(18 items)
 
First Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3930k Asus P9X79 Pro nVidia 9800 GT nVidia 9800 GT 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair XMS3 WD Black WD Blue WD Raptor 10,000 RPM 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force 3 SSD Seagate Corsiar H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Logitech G19 Corsair TX750 Corsair 650D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 Logitech G51 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Phenom II X3 Asus M4a785TD-V EVO NVIDIA 9800GTX 4 GB G.skill DDR3 @ 1333 mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD blue250,350(boot,games) WD 1TB black(storage) windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dell U2311h Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouse
500 Watt smilidon Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
The Rig of Power
(18 items)
 
First Build
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3930k Asus P9X79 Pro nVidia 9800 GT nVidia 9800 GT 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Corsair XMS3 WD Black WD Blue WD Raptor 10,000 RPM 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Corsair Force 3 SSD Seagate Corsiar H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2311H Logitech G19 Corsair TX750 Corsair 650D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G500 Logitech G51 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Amd Phenom II X3 Asus M4a785TD-V EVO NVIDIA 9800GTX 4 GB G.skill DDR3 @ 1333 mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD blue250,350(boot,games) WD 1TB black(storage) windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dell U2311h Logitech G19 
PowerCaseMouse
500 Watt smilidon Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #497 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullinator View Post
I just installed WaterFox 5.0. It's actually noticeably faster for me. I also cannot load Hulu videos although it's not a huge deal for me because I use Chrome on my second monitor to watch all of my videos. I don't know if it's something Mozilla will update or a plugin or something that has to be fixed in waterfox itself.

Thanks for the download though!
It's nothing mozilla will fix, since it works fine in regular firefox. I don't think it's a plugin either, as I have no problem with other flash videos or even with hulu videos embedded on another site.

Does anyone know what this problem is? The text is all messed up, it only does it occasionally and it doesn't do it to all the font on the page. (Even the same type of font)


Edited by Taylorsci - 6/19/11 at 1:41pm
post #498 of 7225
I haven't noticed too significant improvements with the final edition, but at the moment I'm definitely using it!
post #499 of 7225
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post
Waterfox 5 has been released. So far I'm limited, as I don't have the resources to do the following:

-Platform specific builds, since I don't have an AMD system
...
I can help you out with that. I have a quadcore AMD system. As I said earlier, I only need a small guide on compiling firefox.
post #500 of 7225
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorsci View Post
It's nothing mozilla will fix, since it works fine in regular firefox. I don't think it's a plugin either, as I have no problem with other flash videos or even with hulu videos embedded on another site.

Does anyone know what this problem is? The text is all messed up, it only does it occasionally and it doesn't do it to all the font on the page. (Even the same type of font)
It's Adobe Flash. It happens often on just simple flash text and it's quite annoying. Adobe really need to update 64-Bit flash, it has been ages since the last one

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefram View Post
I can help you out with that. I have a quadcore AMD system. As I said earlier, I only need a small guide on compiling firefox.
Here you go:
https://developer.mozilla.org/En/Simple_Firefox_build

Although the platform specific builds will hardly make a performance difference anymore.
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 48.0.2: 06 September [Firefox 64-Bit]