Logos by Miloš Mirković
What’s new in Waterfox 49.0.2?
- Removed remaining Mozilla pingback URLs
- Set minimum supported version for OS X to 10.6 (not guaranteed to run)
- Fixed ICU reverting back to 56.1, now at 57.1 again
- Removed graphics from empty snippet box on home page.
What’s new in Waterfox 49.0.1?
- Tor browser anonymity features were meant to be in this release but will be pushed back to the next release
- Windows XP 64-Bit may have issues running the latest version, this is being looked into
- Updated codebase to Firefox 49.0.1
What features does Waterfox currently have?
- Disabled EME (doesn’t work on 3rd party builds anyway)
- Disabled Web Runtime (deprecated as of 2015)
- Removed Pocket completely
- Removed all telemetry/data collection being sent back to Mozilla
- Disabled the 64-Bit NPAPI white-list so that the user can decide what plugins they can run (doesn’t make sense for Mozilla to do this as most of their user base probably aren’t technically proficient), but it’s something Waterfox users are capable of handling.
- I’ve also allowed unsigned extensions to run as well as there are still some old extensions people like to use (it’s disabled by Mozilla for the same reason as above)
- Windows XP 64-Bit support
- Updated ICU to 57.1 (current Mozilla base is on 56.1)
- Removal of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
- Compiled with Clang
- When using a profile shared by Firefox, sponsored tile and snippet URLs may overwrite default Waterfox settings, enabling them again
- Automatic updates will be delayed by 24 hours to make sure there aren’t any pressing issues before seeding to everyone.
- Quantum Reality
- Andre Chappel
- Jack Pieron
- Dean Surkin
- Richard Haire
- DE MARCO, LLC
- Garrett Anderson
- Mark Greenway
- Brenda Fernández
- Matthew Trump
- Kevin Blas
Edited by MrAlex - 10/5/16 at 10:33am