Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 50: 21 November [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 50: 21 November [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 282

post #2811 of 7267
i am sure its been cover in the past , but lets ask again , does waterfox uses all cores while running ??? rolleyes.gif
post #2812 of 7267
As far as I know, Firefox (and thus Waterfox) doesn't use more than one core.
The Batcomputer
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.6 GHz ASUS Z170-PREMIUM LGA 1151 ATX Intel Motherboard ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAM... G.SKILL Trident Z Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200MH... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 256GB SSD (Windows) SAMSUNG 840 PRO 128GB SATA III SSD (macOS) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 128GB SATA III SSD (Ubuntu) SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD (Games + Vir... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Ironwolf 10TB NAS 7200 RPM 256MB Cache ... Seagate Ironwolf 10TB NAS 7200 RPM 256MB Cache ... Seagate Ironwolf 10TB NAS 7200 RPM 256MB Cache ... Swiftech H320-X2 Prestige AIO Water Cooling 
OSOSOSOS
Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update 64-bit macOS 10.12.1 Sierra Arch Linux 64-bit Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 WQHD... Ducky Shine 5 RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboa... EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certifi... Phanteks Enthoo Primo ATX Full Tower Computer C... 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus Revel Gaming Mouse SteelSeries QcK+ Gaming Mouse Pad Schiit Modi 2 Uber USB DAC Behringer MS40 Studio Monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
The Batcomputer
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.6 GHz ASUS Z170-PREMIUM LGA 1151 ATX Intel Motherboard ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1070 STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-GAM... G.SKILL Trident Z Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3200MH... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 256GB SSD (Windows) SAMSUNG 840 PRO 128GB SATA III SSD (macOS) SAMSUNG 850 PRO 128GB SATA III SSD (Ubuntu) SAMSUNG 850 EVO 500GB SATA III SSD (Games + Vir... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Seagate Ironwolf 10TB NAS 7200 RPM 256MB Cache ... Seagate Ironwolf 10TB NAS 7200 RPM 256MB Cache ... Seagate Ironwolf 10TB NAS 7200 RPM 256MB Cache ... Swiftech H320-X2 Prestige AIO Water Cooling 
OSOSOSOS
Windows 10 Pro Anniversary Update 64-bit macOS 10.12.1 Sierra Arch Linux 64-bit Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
QNIX QX2710 LED Evolution ll 27" 2560x1440 WQHD... Ducky Shine 5 RGB LED Backlit Mechanical Keyboa... EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certifi... Phanteks Enthoo Primo ATX Full Tower Computer C... 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Nixeus Revel Gaming Mouse SteelSeries QcK+ Gaming Mouse Pad Schiit Modi 2 Uber USB DAC Behringer MS40 Studio Monitors 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2813 of 7267
I really hate video stuttering when I play Flash videos! Until now I didn't solve that problem, I really don't know what to do with it. I tried all suggestions of djkilla to no avail frown.gif
post #2814 of 7267
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

I really hate video stuttering when I play Flash videos! Until now I didn't solve that problem, I really don't know what to do with it. I tried all suggestions of djkilla to no avail frown.gif

Long time ago, I started to get stuttering and problems with Flash animations. I tried everything and just couldn't solve the problem. So I built a new computer and installed a $600 video card, installed 12 gigs of DDR3 1600 ram, overclocked the processor to 4.0 and installed a $400 SSD drive. It's overkill but I spent thousands building a very powerful computer. Now I no longer have Flash stuttering or any problems. Web sites more and more are containing heavier Flash content which really needs a modern computer to be able to handle it all. It could be time for you to upgrade to keep up with the changes on the internet. For example, lots of people who own last years MacBook Air laptops were complaining games were stuttering. This year a new MacBook Air with the latest Intel processor and with a more powerful graphics chip came out. Now the same games play smoothly without stuttering. It does help to upgrade to keep up with the demands of software and the internet.

Even though I built a modern computer and no longer have Flash issues, I ran into another problem. Sometimes hardware alone might not fix the stuttering of Flash content or streaming video on the internet. I still had problems with some streaming content like stuttering. So I got Road Runner Lightining 40mbs internet connection. Now I no longer have stuttering caused by a slower internet connection.

There's three things to make the internet and software run smoothly. Hardware, a modern up-to-date browser and a fairly fast internet connection. Without these, you can only adjust the settings so far. As the internet continues to advance and become more graphics intensive, the hardware and other requirements will continue to change to keep up. Hopefully this info helps and gives you another path to fix these issues. I've tried many times with success and not success to resolve issues but sometimes the issues aren't the software but the hardware or speed of the internet connection.

Another thing to try to help resolve the Flash stuttering is try other browsers. Each browser is built differently and may handle certain things better than others. Chrome, Opera and many more others are there to choose from. Maybe one of them will run Flash more smoothly. Anyway, if there's anything else I can do to help, let me know and I'll do my best. thumb.gif
post #2815 of 7267
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkilla View Post

Long time ago, I started to get stuttering and problems with Flash animations. I tried everything and just couldn't solve the problem. So I built a new computer and installed a $600 video card, installed 12 gigs of DDR3 1600 ram, overclocked the processor to 4.0 and installed a $400 SSD drive. It's overkill but I spent thousands building a very powerful computer. Now I no longer have Flash stuttering or any problems. Web sites more and more are containing heavier Flash content which really needs a modern computer to be able to handle it all. It could be time for you to upgrade to keep up with the changes on the internet. For example, lots of people who own last years MacBook Air laptops were complaining games were stuttering. This year a new MacBook Air with the latest Intel processor and with a more powerful graphics chip came out. Now the same games play smoothly without stuttering. It does help to upgrade to keep up with the demands of software and the internet.
Even though I built a modern computer and no longer have Flash issues, I ran into another problem. Sometimes hardware alone might not fix the stuttering of Flash content or streaming video on the internet. I still had problems with some streaming content like stuttering. So I got Road Runner Lightining 40mbs internet connection. Now I no longer have stuttering caused by a slower internet connection.
There's three things to make the internet and software run smoothly. Hardware, a modern up-to-date browser and a fairly fast internet connection. Without these, you can only adjust the settings so far. As the internet continues to advance and become more graphics intensive, the hardware and other requirements will continue to change to keep up. Hopefully this info helps and gives you another path to fix these issues. I've tried many times with success and not success to resolve issues but sometimes the issues aren't the software but the hardware or speed of the internet connection.
Another thing to try to help resolve the Flash stuttering is try other browsers. Each browser is built differently and may handle certain things better than others. Chrome, Opera and many more others are there to choose from. Maybe one of them will run Flash more smoothly. Anyway, if there's anything else I can do to help, let me know and I'll do my best. thumb.gif

Totally agree. The other thing thing that can help is avoid streaming and browser bottlenecks by downloading the flash (I use firefox add on "Download Helper" but there are others) and viewing it off line with SMPlayer for windows or MPC HomeCinema,
post #2816 of 7267
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkilla View Post

Long time ago, I started to get stuttering and problems with Flash animations. I tried everything and just couldn't solve the problem. So I built a new computer and installed a $600 video card, installed 12 gigs of DDR3 1600 ram, overclocked the processor to 4.0 and installed a $400 SSD drive. It's overkill but I spent thousands building a very powerful computer. Now I no longer have Flash stuttering or any problems. Web sites more and more are containing heavier Flash content which really needs a modern computer to be able to handle it all. It could be time for you to upgrade to keep up with the changes on the internet. For example, lots of people who own last years MacBook Air laptops were complaining games were stuttering. This year a new MacBook Air with the latest Intel processor and with a more powerful graphics chip came out. Now the same games play smoothly without stuttering. It does help to upgrade to keep up with the demands of software and the internet.
Even though I built a modern computer and no longer have Flash issues, I ran into another problem. Sometimes hardware alone might not fix the stuttering of Flash content or streaming video on the internet. I still had problems with some streaming content like stuttering. So I got Road Runner Lightining 40mbs internet connection. Now I no longer have stuttering caused by a slower internet connection.
There's three things to make the internet and software run smoothly. Hardware, a modern up-to-date browser and a fairly fast internet connection. Without these, you can only adjust the settings so far. As the internet continues to advance and become more graphics intensive, the hardware and other requirements will continue to change to keep up. Hopefully this info helps and gives you another path to fix these issues. I've tried many times with success and not success to resolve issues but sometimes the issues aren't the software but the hardware or speed of the internet connection.
Another thing to try to help resolve the Flash stuttering is try other browsers. Each browser is built differently and may handle certain things better than others. Chrome, Opera and many more others are there to choose from. Maybe one of them will run Flash more smoothly. Anyway, if there's anything else I can do to help, let me know and I'll do my best. thumb.gif

Oh no no, I have as Sager NP8130 laptop and this surely is a "modern" computer. It has the 2620QM Sandy Bridge CPU and GTX 560M GPU. 8GB of DD3 1600MHz RAM and with a 128GB Crucial M4 SSD. I am 100% sure that this is MORE MORE MORE than enough for just playing Flash videos. My Internet is also fast. If you can remember I already asked for your help a few months back. One proof that my laptop specs isn't the problem is because I can play Flash videos smoothly with FF. Stuttering only occurs when I started using WF (since WF11 AFAIK). There is no "buffering", there is just random stuttering across the length of the video.

I hope you can help me here. Thanks.
post #2817 of 7267
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Oh no no, I have as Sager NP8130 laptop and this surely is a "modern" computer. It has the 2620QM Sandy Bridge CPU and GTX 560M GPU. 8GB of DD3 1600MHz RAM and with a 128GB Crucial M4 SSD. I am 100% sure that this is MORE MORE MORE than enough for just playing Flash videos. My Internet is also fast. If you can remember I already asked for your help a few months back. One proof that my laptop specs isn't the problem is because I can play Flash videos smoothly with FF. Stuttering only occurs when I started using WF (since WF11 AFAIK). There is no "buffering", there is just random stuttering across the length of the video.
I hope you can help me here. Thanks.

If it's a laptop, are you using a wireless connection or directly plugged in to the ethernet port. Wireless could be causing the stuttering. You can try the following:

1) Plug your laptop directly to the modem/router.

2) Follow the instructions at the following link (skip 'Continue Reading: 3. Advanced Graphics Settings': http://ultrabooknews.com/2012/07/12/how-to-optimize-your-ultrabook-for-maximum-gaming-performance/

3) Open a command prompt and type the following: ipconfig /release then ipconfig /flushdns then ipconfig /renew

3) Test to see if the Flash content stutters.
Edited by djkilla - 7/15/12 at 10:49am
post #2818 of 7267
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkilla View Post

If it's a laptop, are you using a wireless connection or directly plugged in to the ethernet port. Wireless could be causing the stuttering. You can try the following:
1) Plug your laptop directly to the modem/router.
2) Follow the instructions at the following link (skip 'Continue Reading: 3. Advanced Graphics Settings': http://ultrabooknews.com/2012/07/12/how-to-optimize-your-ultrabook-for-maximum-gaming-performance/
3) Open a command prompt and type the following: ipconfig /release then ipconfig /flushdns then ipconfig /renew
3) Test to see if the Flash content stutters.

Done all of those steps. I even have a Gigabit Ethernet card. I'm pretty much knowledgeable in Networking so I can assure you that it's not the connection or speed that's the problem.

As I've mentioned earlier, Firefox (32-bit) and Internet Explorer (32-bit) doesn't have problem playing the same exact videos. This alone says it all, that WF (64-bit) is what's causing the problem. It's just that I/we don't know why it causes it. I hope you can help me.

Please also note that even though I let the Flash video download first (to prevent any potential buffering but it has never buffered) and then play it, the stutter continues. Again, this proves that the Internet connection is not the problem.
post #2819 of 7267
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Done all of those steps. I even have a Gigabit Ethernet card. I'm pretty much knowledgeable in Networking so I can assure you that it's not the connection or speed that's the problem.
As I've mentioned earlier, Firefox (32-bit) and Internet Explorer (32-bit) doesn't have problem playing the same exact videos. This alone says it all, that WF (64-bit) is what's causing the problem. It's just that I/we don't know why it causes it. I hope you can help me.
Please also note that even though I let the Flash video download first (to prevent any potential buffering but it has never buffered) and then play it, the stutter continues. Again, this proves that the Internet connection is not the problem.

Your logic is good there, and it was obvious several messages back that your problem had nothing to do with your networking. However, you're missing one point when you say it only happens in waterfox. Since it's 64bit, that means you're also using the 64bit Flash plugin, so isn't it just as likely that the problem might lie there ? In fact, since it's a flash video this is happening with, I'd have been even more inclined to look at that. I'm not a flash expert, so I could be completely wrong here - maybe it's a bit of both, some sort of weird interaction between Waterfox and Flash.
post #2820 of 7267
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post

Done all of those steps. I even have a Gigabit Ethernet card. I'm pretty much knowledgeable in Networking so I can assure you that it's not the connection or speed that's the problem.
As I've mentioned earlier, Firefox (32-bit) and Internet Explorer (32-bit) doesn't have problem playing the same exact videos. This alone says it all, that WF (64-bit) is what's causing the problem. It's just that I/we don't know why it causes it. I hope you can help me.
Please also note that even though I let the Flash video download first (to prevent any potential buffering but it has never buffered) and then play it, the stutter continues. Again, this proves that the Internet connection is not the problem.

Have you tested this:
-aero disable?
-UAC disable?
-accelerate GPU disable?
-all plugins and add-on without flash disable?
-with opera or chrome (because it is the same flash)?
-Add -p to end of a link, create a new profile.

My PC includes a Pentium 1.7Ghz and a nvidia 8400 with 128 mb; and I have no problem before 720p.
Edited by fullmoon - 7/16/12 at 5:48am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 50: 21 November [Firefox 64-Bit]