Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 53: 24 April [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 53: 24 April [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 726

post #7251 of 7308
MrAlex,

I updated to Ver. 49.0.3
When I look under "Help", "About Waterfox" it still shows "Apply Update..." for Ver. 49.0.3

This also happened with a previous update. See post #7226
post #7252 of 7308
Thread Starter 

Waterfox 50 Preview:

 

Windows Download

 

There has been a lot of progress in getting clang-cl building Firefox, and everything seems stable enough to use builds as daily drivers.

I'm just releasing here to test before wide release.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quantum Reality View Post

I can't figure out a good place to ask about this but since MrAlex tweaks things a lot smile.gif

What I've noticed with older implementations of Firefox is that even if you do not bookmark a site, if you go back to it a lot, what happens is that the URL dropdown bar will move the site up in the rankings so past a certain point you can just type part of the URL, down-arrow once, Enter, and you're in.

Now, however, in new Firefox versions this seems to no longer happen.

Can an expert in the FF history ranking algorithm elaborate as to how MrAlex could restore the older behavior for UI consistency?

 

As far as I'm aware this is still supposed to be the case and for the most part seems to work for me. Any chance you can reproduce this with Firefox?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetLook View Post

MrAlex,

I updated to Ver. 49.0.3
When I look under "Help", "About Waterfox" it still shows "Apply Update..." for Ver. 49.0.3

This also happened with a previous update. See post #7226

 

Might be because you're on the test URL.

    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7253 of 7308
I updated thru the "Help" "About Waterfox", is this a test URL?

Thanks Mr. Alex
post #7254 of 7308
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Reality View Post

I can't figure out a good place to ask about this but since MrAlex tweaks things a lot smile.gif


What I've noticed with older implementations of Firefox is that even if you do not bookmark a site, if you go back to it a lot, what happens is that the URL dropdown bar will move the site up in the rankings so past a certain point you can just type part of the URL, down-arrow once, Enter, and you're in.


Now, however, in new Firefox versions this seems to no longer happen.


Can an expert in the FF history ranking algorithm elaborate as to how MrAlex could restore the older behavior for UI consistency?

As far as I'm aware this is still supposed to be the case and for the most part seems to work for me. Any chance you can reproduce this with Firefox?

Yes,

I use Firefox on my laptop because I have to use reasonably well-supported mainstream software on it (it's for work). I can confirm that at the same time as FF switched back to the older single-line style URL history dropdown it stopped moving pages up and down in rankings depending on frequency of re-visiting them.

Pale Moon, which uses the older FF 24/25 codebase, still exhibits the "normal" behavior of moving pages higher in history suggestions in the URL autocomplete dropdown if you revisit them frequently.
4690K System
(12 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
HP dv6 laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 XFX Radeon 7950 32 GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Samsung DVD/CD-writer Corsair Hydro H60 Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PA248Q Dell U2412M XFX 850W Black Edition XXX Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual Core E6700 MSI G41M-P33 Combo ATI HD4350 Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 64-bit Sony 32" TV set 
Case
Apex TX-381 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 430M GT230M (1 Gb dedicated) 8 GB DDR3-1066 640 GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
4690K System
(12 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
HP dv6 laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 XFX Radeon 7950 32 GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Samsung DVD/CD-writer Corsair Hydro H60 Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PA248Q Dell U2412M XFX 850W Black Edition XXX Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual Core E6700 MSI G41M-P33 Combo ATI HD4350 Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 64-bit Sony 32" TV set 
Case
Apex TX-381 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 430M GT230M (1 Gb dedicated) 8 GB DDR3-1066 640 GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7255 of 7308
Just FYI,
after upgrading to Waterfox 50, Easy DragToGo+ 1.1.7 BETA19 (add-on) doesn't seem to be working anymore frown.gif((
post #7256 of 7308
I love the speed of Waterfox 50.0 Mr.Alex.

However I seem to have problems with flash? It seem to hang on several sites.
I use the latest released x64 flash v23.0.0.207

Tested here amongst other sites.
http://test-flash.net/

Is it a know issue I missed? Do others have the same problem?
post #7257 of 7308
Mr. Alex,

The ability to check if our Plugins are up to date has go away.

Thanks for your help.

WetLook
post #7258 of 7308
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetLook View Post

I updated thru the "Help" "About Waterfox", is this a test URL?

Thanks Mr. Alex

 

Yes you might have app.update.url.override set. I've fixed test XML anyway so even if you do get test updates should've keep prompting you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Reality View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlex View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Reality View Post

I can't figure out a good place to ask about this but since MrAlex tweaks things a lot smile.gif


What I've noticed with older implementations of Firefox is that even if you do not bookmark a site, if you go back to it a lot, what happens is that the URL dropdown bar will move the site up in the rankings so past a certain point you can just type part of the URL, down-arrow once, Enter, and you're in.


Now, however, in new Firefox versions this seems to no longer happen.


Can an expert in the FF history ranking algorithm elaborate as to how MrAlex could restore the older behavior for UI consistency?

As far as I'm aware this is still supposed to be the case and for the most part seems to work for me. Any chance you can reproduce this with Firefox?

Yes,

I use Firefox on my laptop because I have to use reasonably well-supported mainstream software on it (it's for work). I can confirm that at the same time as FF switched back to the older single-line style URL history dropdown it stopped moving pages up and down in rankings depending on frequency of re-visiting them.

Pale Moon, which uses the older FF 24/25 codebase, still exhibits the "normal" behavior of moving pages higher in history suggestions in the URL autocomplete dropdown if you revisit them frequently.

 

I'll have a look into this for you.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobinda View Post

Just FYI,
after upgrading to Waterfox 50, Easy DragToGo+ 1.1.7 BETA19 (add-on) doesn't seem to be working anymore frown.gif((

 

Looks like it broke completely with Firefox 50 release. Maybe try DragIt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screemer View Post

I love the speed of Waterfox 50.0 Mr.Alex.

However I seem to have problems with flash? It seem to hang on several sites.
I use the latest released x64 flash v23.0.0.207

Tested here amongst other sites.
http://test-flash.net/

Is it a know issue I missed? Do others have the same problem?

 

Hmm strange. For some reason dom.ipc.plugins.sandbox-level.* prefs are missing. Will check this ASAP, might be why.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetLook View Post

Mr. Alex,

The ability to check if our Plugins are up to date has go away.

Thanks for your help.

WetLook

 

Have you been able to do this in v49? Might be because of the removal of 64-Bit whitelist?

 

EDIT:

 

Rolling out the autoupdate tomorrow, just have some last minute fixes before rolling that out, or you can download the installer from the website.


Edited by MrAlex - 11/23/16 at 3:27pm
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7259 of 7308
Dear @MrAlex how soon will you be updating WF to 50.0.1. to deal with the zero day exploit in firefox? Or is WF unaffected by such vulgarity?

Exploit Report here.
post #7260 of 7308
I found this article: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/advisories/mfsa2016-91/

Hope this is fixed soon for WF
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 53: 24 April [Firefox 64-Bit]