Logos by Miloš Mirković
What’s new in Waterfox 54.0.1?
- Updated to Firefox 54.0.1 (Release Notes)
- Implemented Bug 1294490 to enable support of WebP images
- Block data being sent to Google Analytics on the internal about:addons page
What’s new in Waterfox 220.127.116.11?
- Disable building of pingsender executable
- Give users choice to use Google’s Widevine CDM for HTML5 EME/DRM. Note: No proprietary binaries are included by default, they are optionally downloaded in Preferences > Content
What’s new in Waterfox 54.0?
- Updated to Firefox 54.0 (Release Notes)
- Windows installer now lists Waterfox as publisher instead of Mozilla
- Language request now also change when a different locale is selected
- The latest build includes an executable (pingsender). It is not currently used (used in Firefox for telemetry data which is disabled in Waterfox), but no need for alarm as this will be removed completely in the next minor update.
What features does Waterfox currently have?
- Compiled with Clang+LLVM on Linux
- Disabled Encrypted Media Extensions (EME)
- Disabled Web Runtime (deprecated as of 2015)
- Removed Pocket
- Removed Telemetry
- Removed data collection
- Removed startup profiling
- Allow running of all 64-Bit NPAPI plugins
- Allow running of unsigned extensions
- Removal of Sponsored Tiles on New Tab Page
- Addition of Duplicate Tab option (toggle with browser.tabs.duplicateTab, thanks to PandaCodex)
- Locale selector in about:preferences > General (further improved by PandaCodex)
- When using a profile shared by Firefox, sponsored tile and snippet URLs may overwrite default Waterfox settings, enabling them again
- Automatic updates will be delayed by 24 hours to make sure there aren’t any pressing issues before seeding to everyone.
- Quantum Reality
- Andre Chappel
- Jack Pieron
- Dean Surkin
- Richard Haire
- DE MARCO, LLC
- Garrett Anderson
- Mark Greenway
- Brenda Fernández
- Matthew Trump
- Kevin Blas
Edited by MrAlex - 7/14/17 at 4:20pm