Originally Posted by Daveski
Originally Posted by Amo
MrAlex the updater works just fine for me. Just used it to get 10.0.2! Keep up the fine work!
I re-installed 10.0.1 to see if I could auto-update to 10.0.2 & it wouldn't. I checked the URL in the string ~ String: app.update.url.override;http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/...ON%/update.xml
& I got a page with the 400 error below. It hasn't always done this however & has previously taken me to the Waterfox updating page at SourceForge (even though I couldn't auto-upgrade). This may explain why some people can upgrade & some can't.An error has been encountered in accessing this page.
1. Server: waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net
2. URL path: /update/%CHANNEL%/%VERSION%/update.xml
3. Error notes: NONE
4. Error type: 400
5. Request method: GET
6. Request query string: NONE
7. Time: 2012-02-24 11:56:26 UTC (1330084586)
Reporting this problem: The problem you have encountered is with a project web site hosted by SourceForge.net. This issue should be reported to the SourceForge.net-hosted project (not to SourceForge.net).
If this is a severe or recurring/persistent problem, please do one of the following, and provide the error text (numbered 1 through 7, above):
Contact the project via their designated support resources.
Contact the project administrators of this project via email (see the upper right-hand corner of the Project Summary page for their usernames) at email@example.com
If you are a maintainer of this web content, please refer to the Site Documentation regarding web services for further assistance.
NOTE: As of 2008-10-23 directory index display has been disabled by default. This option may be re-enabled by the project by placing a file with the name ".htaccess" with this line:
http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/update/%CHANNEL%/%VERSION%/update.xml is not an actual URL. Firefox puts in the channel, i.e release or beta and then the version that it is, i.e 10.0.1 and looks for update.xml containing the details of the next update. It checks every now and then.
For example the URL would be: