Originally Posted by RightPaddock
Waterfox 14.01 :not working for me : I am getting this error.
Waterfox 13 was working fine, and Firefox 14.01 is working fine
what is XULRunner
I have xul.dll's in the firefox & waterfox directories both are version 14.01
My guess is that its an extension or plugin - I'll try Safe Mode - I'll be back in a minute
Thanks qwerty77 for responding - however I think I've resolved my problem.
FYI Prior post was done with Firefox 14.01
Before I ran Waterfox 14.01 in safe mode, I checked for extension updates, there was a new Ad Block, which I installed
When I ran Waterfox in Safe Mode - it worked, as I expected it would
I then ran it in Normal mode - it worked - ah ahh the culprit must have been Adblock. But that didn't ring true, surely Adblock would have been tested by the Waterfox crew !
Then I noticed my tab bar wasn't as it should be, for the benefit of others I'll give a detailed description of what happened
I have my search bar on the right end of the tab bar,
Its size should be fixed at 375 pixels, this is looked after by the Searchbar Autosizer extension.
However, the search bar was stretched over to the last tab - much, much bigger than it should have been
Clicked on SearchBar Autosizer Options, nothing happened
But now Waterfox was wedged, had to kill it with Process Explorer
Disabled Searchbar Autosizer - Search Bar disappeared, as expected
Enabled Searchbar Autosizer - Search Bar reappeared at 375 pixels
Clicked on SearchBar Autosizer Options, worked as expected
Conclusion something fishy about Searchbar Autosizer Options, I think this is where XUL comes into the picture
Bottom line is Waterfox is working but Searchbar Autosizer may have a defect - I'll report it to author
RP is happy again, sort of 8)