Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 55.0.2: 22 August [Firefox 64-Bit]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 55.0.2: 22 August [Firefox 64-Bit] - Page 666

post #6651 of 7359
35.0.1 - This version works well.
Finally, the OneDrive short link will open correctly! Thanks!
Memory leak (v. 34-35.01) is when active flash player.
post #6652 of 7359
Thread Starter 

OK so the patch seems to fail going from 35.0 -> 35.0.1. 34.0.1 -> 35.0.1 works fine though!

 

The error 19 that appears is due to a certificate error in the MAR file although this is the first time this issue has every cropped up so I'm not sure what's happened in the codebase from 34->35!

 

I've spent the last two days trying to sign the MAR file but I keep failing as there's no documentation that I can find for it! So looks like I'll release the patch so everyone on 34 can update to 35.

 

Not sure what to do if the same issue occurs with the v36 MAR if everyone will have updated to 35!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by themushroom View Post

Failed again. I tried a couple times.

So thinking maybe another route would work, I downloaded the .mar file and followed some instructions online on how to install one, gathered the required DLLs alongside the .mar so the installer would go, and the status file says "applying" -- no success message. Next time I ran Waterfox, it still asks if I want to update to 35.0.1 *shrug*

UPDATE 2/13 8pm:
The 35.0.1 .exe on SourceForge installed without a hitch. Report coming soon as I've had a few hours of browsing to see if the memory gets filled up or not.

 

Yes the override setting will force an update so even if you have that update applied (or in this case since its failed) it'll say another update is available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedcat View Post

I had to manually update.. none of the fixes worked. was stuck on 34

Yes they're just tests. Did you get the same patch issue on 34?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetLook View Post

Quote:
Ah good to know it works for you. After you updated did it restart and install the patch okay?
Thanks for the kind comments!


Yes Mr. Alex, after WF update, Waterfox restarted and is working fine.
I have not found any problems as of now.

 

Ok good to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnzAkimbo View Post
 

The update config patch doesn't install.

That's fine. Can I assume you're on WF 35.0?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLCL View Post

I tried it again and the error is still there.

 

Are you also trying this on v35.0?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetLook View Post

Mr. Alex,

After updating from Ver. 34.0.1 to 35.0.1 with no problem, I am still asked to update.

The three jpeg files I attached show what I am talking about.
.01 WF Capture with “About Waterfox” window with 35.0.1 installed and Apply Update...
.02 WF Capture with WF “Software Update” window, with update failed & link not working.
.03 WF Capture with Web Site where “Software Update” link take me.

I hope this helps you.



 

Thanks for the info!

 

1) You'll have to make the app.update.url.override setting to blank or it'll keep showing a patch is available :)

2 & 3) Yes that's just a dummy link at the moment for when 35.0.1 is released

 

Cheers!

 

It has been fixed, try redownloading the file :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopser View Post

35.0.1 - This version works well.
Finally, the OneDrive short link will open correctly! Thanks!
Memory leak (v. 34-35.01) is when active flash player.

Good to hear! And yes it appears NPAPI plugins cause tons of memory usage.

    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6653 of 7359
Yes, it's Waterfox 35 which dont want to be an 35.01 Version.

By the way thank you for this waterfox project smile.gif!!!!
post #6654 of 7359
Yes I have the same patch issue
post #6655 of 7359
post #6656 of 7359
Quote:
Originally Posted by themushroom View Post

Not so much "unstable" in the browser or the computer, but definitely sludgy on both counts. It takes a few hours to get that full, it's not an immediate issue. The behavior when it reaches critical mass is that it spins the hard drive for several minutes (a cache swap Windows does when a computer doesn't have enough RAM?), it takes up to a minute to go between tabs, and sometimes the program will go into "not responding" mode while sometimes it doesn't. Waterfox does NOT crash the machine or lock up, happily, but the two choices when this overload happens are to either wait it out or use Task Manager to shut it down which flushes everything out (merely closing the program keeps it resident for a minute or three longer). Then when Waterfox is relaunched everything's peachy again until the next time. smile.gif

MrAlex, I can confirm that I experience the same exact behavior. Any updates on this issue?
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6657 of 7359
The version from here https://waterfox.codeplex.com/ is not crashing ,this version from here https://www.waterfoxproject.org/update/test/win/update.xml is crashing
post #6658 of 7359
I'm still getting the memory filling up, thus sludgy action from the 35.0.1 browser and other programs until it is closed.



I'm presuming the browser is not supposed to take up all available space and should 'forget' things after a point? Hey, is there some setting in Waterfox/FF that sets how long things stay cached, like there is in Opera?
post #6659 of 7359

Whats the stable flashplayer with V35?

 

Should we use V17 beta, coz 16 is flaky.

post #6660 of 7359
Thread Starter 

Okay so let me fill you all in on what I've been trying to fix for the last week and a half with no avail:

 

  1. Mozilla have their own file format known as a Mozilla Archive (MAR) that stores the update files and information for Firefox on what files to update etc.
  2. Usually I'd generate a MAR as instructed here and all would be well
  3. Something in the 35 codebase has changed as updater.exe (the appliation that checks for, applies updates etc) no longer accepts these files and throws an error 19 which is basically saying that there's an error with the certificates (i.e the MAR isn't signed).
  4. So using the web I've found the bugs related to this: this being the most useful, then all the others here and here.
  5. The problem is that in that first bug, on the final steps to signing the mar the following occurs:

 

Quote:
ERROR: Could not initialize NSS
ERROR: Could not init config dir:

I've tried searching through all the patches from 34->35 but the ones related to MAR and updater haven't implemented any changes relating to this. So this is where I'm at and why progress has been so slow!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLCL View Post

Yes, it's Waterfox 35 which dont want to be an 35.01 Version.

By the way thank you for this waterfox project smile.gif!!!!

You're welcome, hope you enjoy it!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedcat View Post

Yes I have the same patch issue

 

Thanks for the info.

 

I'll have a look :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by themushroom View Post

Not so much "unstable" in the browser or the computer, but definitely sludgy on both counts. It takes a few hours to get that full, it's not an immediate issue. The behavior when it reaches critical mass is that it spins the hard drive for several minutes (a cache swap Windows does when a computer doesn't have enough RAM?), it takes up to a minute to go between tabs, and sometimes the program will go into "not responding" mode while sometimes it doesn't. Waterfox does NOT crash the machine or lock up, happily, but the two choices when this overload happens are to either wait it out or use Task Manager to shut it down which flushes everything out (merely closing the program keeps it resident for a minute or three longer). Then when Waterfox is relaunched everything's peachy again until the next time. smile.gif

MrAlex, I can confirm that I experience the same exact behavior. Any updates on this issue?

 

Yes looks like Intel TBB malloc might be a bit leaky (although I've tried to reproduce this by running lots of benchmarks simultaneously and have yet to fill up the browsers memory, so I might have to leave it open overnight).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackps View Post

The version from here https://waterfox.codeplex.com/ is not crashing ,this version from here https://www.waterfoxproject.org/update/test/win/update.xml is crashing

 

Okay thanks for the info, the test updates aren't really stable, I've just been testing different MAR types to try and get updates working for 35.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by themushroom View Post

I'm still getting the memory filling up, thus sludgy action from the 35.0.1 browser and other programs until it is closed.



I'm presuming the browser is not supposed to take up all available space and should 'forget' things after a point? Hey, is there some setting in Waterfox/FF that sets how long things stay cached, like there is in Opera?

 

Yes there's a useful guide here, although might be a bit out-dated.

    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 55.0.2: 22 August [Firefox 64-Bit]