Originally Posted by safari801
I don't blame you, take a loooong weekend:thumb:
Originally Posted by WetLook
Enjoy your long weekend, I am sure you can use the break!!!
Thank you for your work and time with this project, I appreciate it.
Originally Posted by Quantum Reality
Upgraded WF through the usual autoupdate channel. Noticed the d/l was 95 megs whereas the WF 43 installer from the website is 72 megs. What gives?
Also, setting "media.autoplay.enabled" does not properly forbid Youtube from loading an HTML5 video, though the video player subwindow will be blank and not display images - Mozilla and other websites claim that FF 43+ will properly recognize this setting.
No idea if this is a WF issue or an issue with the underlying FF codebase.
Intel's compiler generates larger code output, especially with all the optimisation flags. Hmm interesting, I'll have a look at that flag.
Originally Posted by xxpenguinxx
Suggestion for WaterFox. I want the "browser.newtab.url" option back.
This option was removed in Firefox 41. It's to prevent hijackers from overriding your new tab page, which is pointless when your home page can be just as easily modified.
Ah right I see, I'll bring it back I think for 44.
Originally Posted by kevindd992002
Originally Posted by kevindd992002
I confirmed another issue wherein when WF is set to save the session (multiple tabs) when exiting out of it, it restores most of the tabs (probably the set of tabs up to a few hours ago) but not the latest ones. I then tried closing some tabs that were in the set that keeps on restoring, closed WF, and then it restored those closed tabs again! It seems to me that the sessionstore file is not being overwritten with latest data whenever it gets closes. I've been a very long time user of FF/WF and love the session saving feature and this is the very first time I've encountered this. Can you please help MrAlex?
That is really strange but I have a feeling I know what a lot of issues are caused by. Basically Mozilla have implemented their own snprintf function, for which ICL generates bad code all the time. When using the VS2015 toolchain, it has it's own working implementation that ICL generate code that works without crashing. WF44 will be built with ICL/VS2015 toolchain so stability should be a LOT better.
Originally Posted by anti-clockwize
I was using waterfox up until the latest build, and have switched back to firefox since they now offer 64 bit.
Is there much difference between the two browsers? firefox seems to be a bit more compatible with some things, netflix is one example (netflix doesnt operate properly using waterfox for me - and netflix offers no support for the browser)
There are a lot of differences. See here.
Originally Posted by Prime2515102
Originally Posted by MrAlex
Has this issue been resolved in 43?
Ok, the problem is still there in Firefox (the bit about the status holding the controls open on nbc.com).
Also, something else came up and this is really bizarre.
When I try to watch a movie on Vudu.com, it start buffering, then stops, asking to switch the video to SD. Here's the weird bit: When it does this, my internet slows to a crawl (and sometimes cuts out completely) unless I reset my router (or reset my cable modem if the router is out of the chain). It does this in Waterfox and Firefox also. I just watched a movie on vudu with IE and had no problem.
P.S. I just upgraded to 43.0.4 and both problems remain.
That's very odd. If it happens with FF as well I'd recommend filing a bug as soon as possible as that sounds serious. Your other issue sounds like it could be graphics driver issue though, as I know some drivers tend to cause oddities like that.
Originally Posted by Baldone
This flash business really has me aggravated. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the plug in to no avail. As I posted here a few days ago, it appears to crash because it doesn't dump memory and once it gets "fat" enough, it goes belly up. Wasn't an issue in early Waterfox releases.
Also note that it has been posted as an issue on Reddit's Waterfox Community support. No response / fix yet though
Hmm yes I'll revert the plugin whitelist removal from the codebase and instead use a pref to disable it, should make things a bit more stable.