Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 56.0: 30 November [Free, open and private web browser.]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 56.0: 30 November [Free, open and private web browser.] - Page 119

post #1181 of 7367
I wasnt complaining, just asking a valid question. Isnt that what forums are for?

Anyway to answer your query, no its not the profile. As I said, if I run waterfox shortcut OR firefox shortcut I get Waterfox, thats not the profile, thats the exe. I have checked the shortcut properties and they point to the correct relavant path to the exe ie...

Waterfox = "C:\Program Files\Waterfox\firefox.exe"
Firefox = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

If I go to the folder for firefox and run the firefox.exe I STILL get Waterfox!

Sounds dodgey to me, so I thought I better mention it in case its a bug on Waterfox.

PS I want the same profile in any case but need to be able to test sites on both browsers.
Edited by Sonar - 11/13/11 at 3:01am
post #1182 of 7367
Adblock plus
HTTPS-Everywhere
LastPass
NoScript
Test Pilot

Plugins are:
Shockwave Flash
Silverlight Plug-in

Should I just disable them one by one to find the problem?
Feed Me
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2300 BIOSTAR TZ68A+ MSI 6970 6GB Geil 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Nova/ (2) 7200.12 RAID0 / 1.5TB WD Green Windows 7 x64 / Linux Mint Debian XFCE 24" Gateway FHD2401 Rosewill Black USB Super Slim 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-750w CM Storm Scout Razer Death Adder Razer Vespula 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG with Sony XB-500 
  hide details  
Reply
Feed Me
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2300 BIOSTAR TZ68A+ MSI 6970 6GB Geil 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair Nova/ (2) 7200.12 RAID0 / 1.5TB WD Green Windows 7 x64 / Linux Mint Debian XFCE 24" Gateway FHD2401 Rosewill Black USB Super Slim 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X-750w CM Storm Scout Razer Death Adder Razer Vespula 
Audio
Asus Xonar DG with Sony XB-500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1183 of 7367
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar View Post

I wasnt complaining, just asking a valid question. Isnt that what forums are for?

Anyway to answer your query, no its not the profile. As I said, if I run waterfox shortcut OR firefox shortcut I get Waterfox, thats not the profile, thats the exe. I have checked the shortcut properties and they point to the correct relavant path to the exe ie...

Waterfox = "C:\Program Files\Waterfox\firefox.exe"
Firefox = "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

If I go to the folder for firefox and run the firefox.exe I STILL get Waterfox!

Sounds dodgey to me, so I thought I better mention it in case its a bug on Waterfox.

PS I want the same profile in any case but need to be able to test sites on both browsers.

That happens with all Firefox derivates that share the same profile. http://lifehacker.com/5481213/master-multiple-firefox-profiles-for-more-productive-browsing It's a year old so the way to do it might have changed but the principal is still the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Venom View Post

So is today the day for Waterfox 8? wink.gif

If everything goes according to plan wink.gif
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1184 of 7367
Woot! tongue.gif *looks forward to the upgrade*

Guys? C'mon, donate to the man here, huh? He needs to have a nice fast code-compiling computer! tongue.gif
4690K System
(12 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
HP dv6 laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 XFX Radeon 7950 32 GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Samsung DVD/CD-writer Corsair Hydro H60 Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PA248Q Dell U2412M XFX 850W Black Edition XXX Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual Core E6700 MSI G41M-P33 Combo ATI HD4350 Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 64-bit Sony 32" TV set 
Case
Apex TX-381 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 430M GT230M (1 Gb dedicated) 8 GB DDR3-1066 640 GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
4690K System
(12 items)
 
HTPC
(9 items)
 
HP dv6 laptop
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme4 XFX Radeon 7950 32 GB DDR3-2133 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO SSD Samsung DVD/CD-writer Corsair Hydro H60 Windows 7 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
ASUS PA248Q Dell U2412M XFX 850W Black Edition XXX Fractal Design Arc Midi 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium Dual Core E6700 MSI G41M-P33 Combo ATI HD4350 Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
Kingston ValueRAM DDR3-1333 WD Caviar Blue Windows 7 64-bit Sony 32" TV set 
Case
Apex TX-381 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i5 430M GT230M (1 Gb dedicated) 8 GB DDR3-1066 640 GB 
OSMonitor
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) 15.6" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1185 of 7367
Can't wait! biggrin.gif
post #1186 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantum Reality View Post

Woot! tongue.gif *looks forward to the upgrade*
Guys? C'mon, donate to the man here, huh? He needs to have a nice fast code-compiling computer! tongue.gif

I want to, but unless I'm missing something, I can't find a donate link anywhere!
post #1187 of 7367
post #1188 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Venom View Post

Here: http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/donations

Thank you!

I'm always glad to help out those that help me. And since I found Waterfox, my browsing experience has been nothing but positive!

Keep up the good work Alex!
post #1189 of 7367
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick2253 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Venom View Post

Here: http://waterfoxproj.sourceforge.net/donations

Thank you!

I'm always glad to help out those that help me. And since I found Waterfox, my browsing experience has been nothing but positive!

Keep up the good work Alex!

Thanks a lot, it's very appreciated smile.gif
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1190 of 7367
Has the new logo come in yet? wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 56.0: 30 November [Free, open and private web browser.]