Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 56.0: 30 November [Free, open and private web browser.]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Waterfox 56.0: 30 November [Free, open and private web browser.] - Page 267

post #2661 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixsing View Post

Java plugin crashed after Java upgrade from ver 6 31 to 6 33. Anyone has the same problem with WF 13 PL1?

Uninstall and reinstall using the latest Java released yesterday from the following locations:

http://www.filehippo.com/download/file/84d45b9955fe3ea74462a814887bce4eea9f64ada116c2e195693039a94d5250/

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp


Additional Info:

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/257230/oracle_to_issue_14_patches_for_java_se.html#tk.rss_news
post #2662 of 7367

Thanks for the links, will try out.
post #2663 of 7367
Firefox 13.0.1 Released on Mozilla ftp roughly 3 hours ago biggrin.gif no change log yet i don't think

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/13.0.1/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2013.0.1.exe
post #2664 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek2005 View Post

Firefox 13.0.1 Released on Mozilla ftp roughly 3 hours ago biggrin.gif no change log yet i don't think
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/13.0.1/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2013.0.1.exe

Looks like this update fixes multiple bugs including an auto-compacting routine, possible Adobe Flash plug-in fix and some other fixes. Thunderbird is also affected so there will be an update for that as well. Stay tuned for more info coming soon....
post #2665 of 7367
Out of curiosity, why is the installed size of firefox (32 bit) 36.5MB while Waterfox is 69.8MB? Both are the same version. Is there that much of a difference between the 32 and 64 bit versions?
post #2666 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by tek2005 View Post

Firefox 13.0.1 Released on Mozilla ftp roughly 3 hours ago biggrin.gif no change log yet i don't think
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/13.0.1/win32/en-US/Firefox%20Setup%2013.0.1.exe


Release notes
Quote:
What’s New

FIXED Windows Messenger did not load in Hotmail, and the Hotmail inbox did not auto-update (764546, fixed in 13.0.1)
FIXED Hebrew text sometimes rendered incorrectly (756850, fixed in 13.0.1)
FIXED Flash 11.3 sometimes caused a crash on quit (747683, fixed in 13.0.1)
NEW When opening a new tab, users are now presented with their most visited pages
NEW The default home page now has quicker access to bookmarks, history, settings, and more
CHANGED SPDY protocol now enabled by default for faster browsing on supported sites
CHANGED Restored background tabs are not loaded by default for faster startup
CHANGED Smooth scrolling is now enabled by default
DEVELOPER 72 total improvements to Page Inspector, HTML panel, Style Inspector, Scratchpad and Style Editor
DEVELOPER The column-fill CSS property has been implemented
DEVELOPER Experimental support for ECMAScript 6 Map and Set objects has been implemented
DEVELOPER Support for the CSS3 background-position property extended syntax has been added
DEVELOPER The :invalid pseudo-class can now be applied to the element
DEVELOPER The CSS turn unit is now supported
FIXED Various security fixes


Known Issues

Unresolved If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash (see 573369)
Unresolved For some users, scrolling in the main GMail window will be slower than usual (see 579260)
Unresolved Windows: The use of Microsoft's System Restore functionality shortly after updating Firefox may prevent future updates (see 730285)
Unresolved OS X: nsCocoaWindow::ConstrainPosition uses wrong screen in multi-display setup (see 752149)

Unresolved on v12 Resolved in v14
Unresolved CSS :hover regression when an element's class name is set by Javascript (see 758885)
post #2667 of 7367
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post

Release notes
Quote:
What’s New
FIXED Windows Messenger did not load in Hotmail, and the Hotmail inbox did not auto-update (764546, fixed in 13.0.1)
FIXED Hebrew text sometimes rendered incorrectly (756850, fixed in 13.0.1)
FIXED Flash 11.3 sometimes caused a crash on quit (747683, fixed in 13.0.1)
NEW When opening a new tab, users are now presented with their most visited pages
NEW The default home page now has quicker access to bookmarks, history, settings, and more
CHANGED SPDY protocol now enabled by default for faster browsing on supported sites
CHANGED Restored background tabs are not loaded by default for faster startup
CHANGED Smooth scrolling is now enabled by default
DEVELOPER 72 total improvements to Page Inspector, HTML panel, Style Inspector, Scratchpad and Style Editor
DEVELOPER The column-fill CSS property has been implemented
DEVELOPER Experimental support for ECMAScript 6 Map and Set objects has been implemented
DEVELOPER Support for the CSS3 background-position property extended syntax has been added
DEVELOPER The :invalid pseudo-class can now be applied to the element
DEVELOPER The CSS turn unit is now supported
FIXED Various security fixes
Known Issues
Unresolved If you try to start Firefox using a locked profile, it will crash (see 573369)
Unresolved For some users, scrolling in the main GMail window will be slower than usual (see 579260)
Unresolved Windows: The use of Microsoft's System Restore functionality shortly after updating Firefox may prevent future updates (see 730285)
Unresolved OS X: nsCocoaWindow::ConstrainPosition uses wrong screen in multi-display setup (see 752149)
Unresolved on v12 Resolved in v14
Unresolved CSS :hover regression when an element's class name is set by Javascript (see 758885)

Is the Flash Protected Mode bug already fixed?
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-2600K Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 2x8GB G.Skill Trident X (F3-2400C10D-16GTX) @ 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB CPU: Swiftech H220-X Windows 10 x64 Enterprise 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell S2716DG Ducky Shine 3 DK9008 MX Brown and Red LED Seasonic P-760 SS-760XP2 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Roccat Savu Steelseries QCK Mass Edifier HCS2330 2.1 Speaker System (using Onboa... HyperX Cloud Revolver Gaming Headset 
Other
APC BR1500GI UPS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2668 of 7367
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by helloha View Post

Out of curiosity, why is the installed size of firefox (32 bit) 36.5MB while Waterfox is 69.8MB? Both are the same version. Is there that much of a difference between the 32 and 64 bit versions?


Intel's C++ compiler increases code size by quite a bit, (for example xul.dll goes from 20MB to 30MB).

    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2669 of 7367
What's this ~ Latest version: 13.0 PL1 (23.6 MB)?

Do I need to install this over version 13?
post #2670 of 7367
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveski View Post

What's this ~ Latest version: 13.0 PL1 (23.6 MB)?

Do I need to install this over version 13?


Only if you get the GUI bug.

    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7-4650U Intel HD Graphics 5000 Samsung 8GB DDR3 Samsung 512GB SSD 
OS
Macintosh OS X "Yosemite" 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Other Software
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Other Software › Waterfox 56.0: 30 November [Free, open and private web browser.]