Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Need help chosing for Eyefinity
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need help chosing for Eyefinity

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Hello Everyone,

I need some help choosing 3 screens for my new Eyefinity set-up.

I'm looking for sizes maybe 19-22"'s? Is this an okay size to get? Also I herd one must have an active display port?

Thanks in advance for your help
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5-2670 Intel E5-2670 ASUS P9ZE-D8 MSI 980 TI 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB 2x 1TB Samsung 950 Pro Noctua NH-U9DX Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
2x Dell P2815Q Corsair AX1200i 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5-2670 Intel E5-2670 ASUS P9ZE-D8 MSI 980 TI 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB 2x 1TB Samsung 950 Pro Noctua NH-U9DX Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
2x Dell P2815Q Corsair AX1200i 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 8
yeah one of them has to be though activve display;
i would personally gor for this 23 inch
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236079

or this 24 inch
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236049
Bernice
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 635 Foxconn Aloe 1.01 Radeon HD 4350 Kingston ddr3 2gb X3 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Light scribe Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VW246H, Dell 17" Hp stock 
CaseMouse
stock hp pavillion e9300z HP stock 
  hide details  
Reply
Bernice
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 635 Foxconn Aloe 1.01 Radeon HD 4350 Kingston ddr3 2gb X3 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Light scribe Windows 7 Home Premium Asus VW246H, Dell 17" Hp stock 
CaseMouse
stock hp pavillion e9300z HP stock 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stevens View Post
Hello Everyone,

I need some help choosing 3 screens for my new Eyefinity set-up.

I'm looking for sizes maybe 19-22"'s? Is this an okay size to get? Also I herd one must have an active display port?

Thanks in advance for your help
I have 3x23" and it's just about right for me. Fills up the whole desk and all my peripheral. Remember for many games you will be playing in windowed so get a monitor size you are comfortable using just by itself for those titles.

The monitors themselves do not need displayport. It is nice so you can skip the converter phase but it's not necessary. For that resolution you will most likely not need active display port. Try and find an Eyefinity certified adapter and you will be good to go. If the monitors have DVI you'll be all set. Have fun and let us know how the setup goes.
Pelican
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x3 720 BE (@ 3.5ghz) MSI 790FX-GD70 HIS Radeon HD5850 1GB 2x2gb G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
M-Center G2 SSD, WD 1TB Black Win7 Ultimate 64 3x Acer G235H Sidewinder X6 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster 700W Silent Pro Cooler Master HAF 932 SteelSeries Ikari Optical Ratpadz XT 
  hide details  
Reply
Pelican
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x3 720 BE (@ 3.5ghz) MSI 790FX-GD70 HIS Radeon HD5850 1GB 2x2gb G.Skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
M-Center G2 SSD, WD 1TB Black Win7 Ultimate 64 3x Acer G235H Sidewinder X6 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
CoolerMaster 700W Silent Pro Cooler Master HAF 932 SteelSeries Ikari Optical Ratpadz XT 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parish_Rane View Post
The monitors themselves do not need displayport. It is nice so you can skip the converter phase but it's not necessary. For that resolution you will most likely not need active display port. Try and find an Eyefinity certified adapter and you will be good to go. If the monitors have DVI you'll be all set. Have fun and let us know how the setup goes.
Thanks. I have read that a lot of people have flicker when they don't use a DisplayPort Cable and use a converter or has this been fixed now?
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5-2670 Intel E5-2670 ASUS P9ZE-D8 MSI 980 TI 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB 2x 1TB Samsung 950 Pro Noctua NH-U9DX Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
2x Dell P2815Q Corsair AX1200i 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5-2670 Intel E5-2670 ASUS P9ZE-D8 MSI 980 TI 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB 2x 1TB Samsung 950 Pro Noctua NH-U9DX Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
2x Dell P2815Q Corsair AX1200i 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 8
Hello there

If the monitor dosen't have a display port you need a display port to whatever adapter ( an active one also passive won't work ) to be abble to use eyefinity

flicker comes from low end adapter or with bad luck most frequently with DP- VGA adapter as they are the cheapest ( I have 2 of them 1 was just dead. ) the other had flicker but now it's perfectly okay

22'' is perfect but 24/5 is the best imo

here's my set-up just for showing off
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Phenom II X6 1090T @4GHz better cooling awaits] [GA-890FXA-UD7 rev 2.0] R9 390 [8GB Kingston HyperX 1566MHz 9-9-9-24 @ 1.71volts] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[WD RE3 500GB-WD green 1TB- OCZ vertex 2 60GB] [LG super multi] [Windows 7 premium 64bit] 1 x 25.5'' 1920x1200 + 1 25.5'' 1920x1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quick Fire [Corsair TX 750w] [Cooler master HAF X] Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries extra large thick mousepad Fried 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Phenom II X6 1090T @4GHz better cooling awaits] [GA-890FXA-UD7 rev 2.0] R9 390 [8GB Kingston HyperX 1566MHz 9-9-9-24 @ 1.71volts] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[WD RE3 500GB-WD green 1TB- OCZ vertex 2 60GB] [LG super multi] [Windows 7 premium 64bit] 1 x 25.5'' 1920x1200 + 1 25.5'' 1920x1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Quick Fire [Corsair TX 750w] [Cooler master HAF X] Logitech G502 
Mouse PadAudio
Steelseries extra large thick mousepad Fried 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssClocker View Post
yeah one of them has to be though activve display;
i would personally gor for this 23 inch
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236079

or this 24 inch
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236049
I've looked around and i can't find these on any UK Suppliers websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc-Olivier Beaudoin View Post
Hello there

If the monitor dosen't have a display port you need a display port to whatever adapter ( an active one also passive won't work ) to be abble to use eyefinity

flicker comes from low end adapter or with bad luck most frequently with DP- VGA adapter as they are the cheapest ( I have 2 of them 1 was just dead. ) the other had flicker but now it's perfectly okay

22'' is perfect but 24/5 is the best imo

here's my set-up just for showing off
Haha, nice. Okay thank you, i'll just have to search at the moment.

I found these but not sure if they are any good?
Iiyama PLE2473HDS LED TFT 24" Monitor: http://www.ebuyer.com/product/260148
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5-2670 Intel E5-2670 ASUS P9ZE-D8 MSI 980 TI 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB 2x 1TB Samsung 950 Pro Noctua NH-U9DX Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
2x Dell P2815Q Corsair AX1200i 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5-2670 Intel E5-2670 ASUS P9ZE-D8 MSI 980 TI 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB 2x 1TB Samsung 950 Pro Noctua NH-U9DX Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
2x Dell P2815Q Corsair AX1200i 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssClocker View Post
yeah one of them has to be though activve display;
i would personally gor for this 23 inch
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236079

or this 24 inch
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824236049
i have 3 of the first he linked, love it. bezel isnt huge, but you'll pay a lot more for thin bezels...
post #8 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by asuindasun View Post
i have 3 of the first he linked, love it. bezel isnt huge, but you'll pay a lot more for thin bezels...
I'm not worried about bezel size really. I just wont to buy 3 screens and not have to upgrade them a few months later because they are wrong or out dated.

PS: I'm from the UK and they aren't sold in the UK
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5-2670 Intel E5-2670 ASUS P9ZE-D8 MSI 980 TI 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB 2x 1TB Samsung 950 Pro Noctua NH-U9DX Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
2x Dell P2815Q Corsair AX1200i 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel E5-2670 Intel E5-2670 ASUS P9ZE-D8 MSI 980 TI 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
64GB 2x 1TB Samsung 950 Pro Noctua NH-U9DX Windows 10 
MonitorPowerCase
2x Dell P2815Q Corsair AX1200i 900D 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › Need help chosing for Eyefinity