Originally Posted by destro777;12894214
is there a program to dub a windows iso from a dvd to a usb stick? how do i make a usb stick bootable as usb fdd?
If you can do this from within Windows 7, then double-click the ISO to copy its image to the USB flash drive.
To make it bootable, I recommend using the HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool (but do it first because you will end up with an empty flash drive):http://home.comcast.net/~twocables/HP%20USB%20Disk%20Storage%20Format%20Tool.exe
Extract the files, and run SP27213.exe (it's the installer).
When it is installed, open it up from the Hewlett-Packard Company Start menu program folder and then follow these instructions:
- Enable Quick Format
- Enable "Create a DOS startup disk"
- Click the browse button (the one with "..." on it)
- Tell it to use the files in the USB image w7 folder that came with the self-extracting archive you just used
- Click Start
- When it finishes, manually copy AUTOEXEC.BAT from the USB image w7 folder over to the root of your USB flash drive
- Attempt to boot to the USB flash drive
If it works, then you're all set to boot from it.
However, this might not be necessary if you're going to copy the ISO image of the Windows 7 DVD.