Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Video Cameras › Looking to get into film making
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Looking to get into film making - Page 4

post #31 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post
so you produce video professionally and can back this camera up? i have tested every DSLR on the market for video and the GH2 is extremely sub par and not recommended for anything more than home movies.

not sure what you are comparing its quality to. but the t2i has a better video mode by far than the GH2.

best dslr for video is the 1dmk4 because of its sensor size but the 7D and 5D are a little better to work with and both have different strengths and weaknesses that make them a good combo to use together. ideally though a 7D 1Dmk4 would be a really good combo.
The T2i has a far better video mode? Proof?

Also, the the 5D has a larger sensor. It is a 1.0x sensor where the 1D Mark IV has a 1.3x crop sensor.
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/c...op-factor.aspx

Yes, pros use the GH1 and GH2, and the image they produce is incredible.

Check out this shot with the GH1

This advert with the GH2

Even the $5000 Panasonic AF100 is based on the GH2, and the images produced are very comparable.

Next time, say something with some truth. Please.
Edited by Exfiltrate - 4/28/11 at 7:24pm
Haf X rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 4.8Ghz Fatal1ty Z68 Pro XFX 5870 16GB Gskill 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Spinpoint F3 in RAID 0 LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Crossover 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Kingwin 1000w Haf X Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf X rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 4.8Ghz Fatal1ty Z68 Pro XFX 5870 16GB Gskill 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Spinpoint F3 in RAID 0 LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Crossover 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Kingwin 1000w Haf X Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 52

does not convince me one bit. just because one person uses the GH2 doesnt mean that every "pro" as you put it. not the best word choice lol, this isnt gaming there are no pros. i would have chosen a word more along the lines of 'the industry' uses this camera more.

also those are advertisements not full feature movies. so your argument is not valid. sorry but you attempt has failed. call me when something on the silver screen is shot entirely with a GH2. last full feature movie that i remember and i havent kept up that much is black swan witch featured the 7d and 1dm4. but black swan was shot majority on 35mm film stock anyway so that barely counts.

also i dont think you understand fully what crop sensors are because they do not affect the actual quality of the video itself. it is true the 5d has a larger sensor but did you take into account with your inaccurate argument that the 7d features 2 sensors rather than just 1? the image is cropped on crop sensors not reduced in quality, the only change is in FOV. im 100% sure you did not read the link you posted about crop sensors

there is no youtube or vimeo video that will prove that the t2i is better you should go buy one and edit some footage and pixel peep and find you for yourself noob. i have tested each camera and edited footage with each and i chose my 7D because it was the easiest to key green screen footage with.

-----

watch this and tell me how the respected members of the film industry compare the GH2 to other DSLR and to actual film stock... im pretty sure the GH1 comes in last. also these guys are more "pro" than whoever you are referring to. also if you dont know any of the names in my video you dont have the ability to argue about cameras since you cant work with them for a living without at least know these names


Edited by Conspiracy - 4/29/11 at 8:15am
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post
does not convince me one bit. just because one person uses the GH2 doesnt mean that every "pro" as you put it. not the best word choice lol, this isnt gaming there are no pros. i would have chosen a word more along the lines of 'the industry' uses this camera more.

also those are advertisements not full feature movies. so your argument is not valid. sorry but you attempt has failed. call me when something on the silver screen is shot entirely with a GH2. last full feature movie that i remember and i havent kept up that much is black swan witch featured the 7d and 1dm4. but black swan was shot majority on 35mm film stock anyway so that barely counts.

also i dont think you understand fully what crop sensors are because they do not affect the actual quality of the video itself. it is true the 5d has a larger sensor but did you take into account with your inaccurate argument that the 7d features 2 sensors rather than just 1? the image is cropped on crop sensors not reduced in quality, the only change is in FOV. im 100% sure you did not read the link you posted about crop sensors

there is no youtube or vimeo video that will prove that the t2i is better you should go buy one and edit some footage and pixel peep and find you for yourself noob. i have tested each camera and edited footage with each and i chose my 7D because it was the easiest to key green screen footage with.

-----

watch this and tell me how the respected members of the film industry compare the GH2 to other DSLR and to actual film stock... im pretty sure the GH1 comes in last. also these guys are more "pro" than whoever you are referring to. also if you dont know any of the names in my video you dont have the ability to argue about cameras since you cant work with them for a living without at least know these names

http://vimeo.com/11080239
7D has 2 sensors?? Are you kidding? Someone get in here and talk to this guy.
Haf X rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 4.8Ghz Fatal1ty Z68 Pro XFX 5870 16GB Gskill 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Spinpoint F3 in RAID 0 LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Crossover 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Kingwin 1000w Haf X Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf X rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 4.8Ghz Fatal1ty Z68 Pro XFX 5870 16GB Gskill 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Spinpoint F3 in RAID 0 LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Crossover 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Kingwin 1000w Haf X Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 52
I also hope you realize there is hacked firmware for the GH1, which allows it to shoot at far higher bitrate than any other DSLRS.
Haf X rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 4.8Ghz Fatal1ty Z68 Pro XFX 5870 16GB Gskill 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Spinpoint F3 in RAID 0 LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Crossover 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Kingwin 1000w Haf X Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf X rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 4.8Ghz Fatal1ty Z68 Pro XFX 5870 16GB Gskill 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Spinpoint F3 in RAID 0 LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Crossover 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Kingwin 1000w Haf X Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 52
nice double post. sorry for my typo. wasnt paying attention that closely considering its an argument over the internet lol. you spot one messup in my post but dont read the whole thing and honestly you are still wrong about all the stuff you posted.

and honestly higher bitrate yea thats nice and all but you still are arguing over something as mundane as comparing a $400 camera to a $1600. even with your hacked firmware the hardware itself doesnt compare especially when all the cameras have hacked firmware as well. the 7d has hacked firmware

you can argue all day but in the end the GH1 is not an amazing video camera. great for homemovies not for professional full feature movie work.

at this point im just going to let you keep arguing how amazing the GH1 is because a lot of people i know are getting a good laugh at your stupidity. also the AF100 is not based on the GH1. they are two different systems. the GH1 is a DSLR the AF100 is a micro 4/3 video camera. they have the same lens mount but are nothing alike. same sensor type but different sizes. other than being made by the same company they are two different cameras. show me a news article from panasonic stating your facts and i will start taking you serious. until then im not wasting my time to respond anymore. the image produced from the af100 is way better than the GH1 i dont think you have personally compared them. i recently worked with the af100 and it is a great camera not even going to deny that i love panasonic video equipment
Edited by Conspiracy - 4/29/11 at 8:24pm
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 52
Man a decade ago, I'd have told you to get a CP16 or a Bolex, lol.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post
Man a decade ago, I'd have told you to get a CP16 or a Bolex, lol.
i love working with the old bolex. thats what i learned to shoot film on. too bad the OP said film but means video. im actually looking to buy a used bolex for fun because i have about 15 rolls of B&W stock laying around from an old film project i shot.
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post
also i dont think you understand fully what crop sensors are because they do not affect the actual quality of the video itself. it is true the 5d has a larger sensor but did you take into account with your inaccurate argument that the 7d features 2 sensors rather than just 1? the image is cropped on crop sensors not reduced in quality, the only change is in FOV. im 100% sure you did not read the link you posted about crop sensors

there is no youtube or vimeo video that will prove that the t2i is better you should go buy one and edit some footage and pixel peep and find you for yourself noob. i have tested each camera and edited footage with each and i chose my 7D because it was the easiest to key green screen footage with.
http://vimeo.com/11080239
A FF sensor will also give shallower DoF than a cropped sensor. A FF at the same focal length and aperture will have shallower depth of field than cropped. This is usually the second most sought-after feature of FF (next to high ISO performance, which is irrelevent with videos).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Exfiltrate View Post
The T2i has a far better video mode? Proof?

Also, the the 5D has a larger sensor. It is a 1.0x sensor where the 1D Mark IV has a 1.3x crop sensor.
http://www.the-digital-picture.com/c...op-factor.aspx

Yes, pros use the GH1 and GH2, and the image they produce is incredible.
The T2i also has the same image sensor as the 7D. The exact same image sensor. It's worth looking up videos from the 7D as well, because the T2i also can do the exact same thing.
post #39 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by r31ncarnat3d View Post
A FF sensor will also give shallower DoF than a cropped sensor. A FF at the same focal length and aperture will have shallower depth of field than cropped. This is usually the second most sought-after feature of FF (next to high ISO performance, which is irrelevent with videos).




The T2i also has the same image sensor as the 7D. The exact same image sensor. It's worth looking up videos from the 7D as well, because the T2i also can do the exact same thing.

exactly what im trying to say that just because its FF doesnt mean the actual IQ is better was what i was getting at. FF or crop the IQ of video is still going to be the same only changes is some sensors have slightly better detail in highlights midtones and shadows but no DSLR has it best in all 3
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
Montage mkIII
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA 980Ti Classified Corsair 16GB DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 240GB EVO 850 Samsung 128GB EVO 830 Samsung 1TB EVO 850 CM 212EVO  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win10 Dell U2713HM Logitech 810 EVGA Supernova 750W P2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 450D Razer Deathadder Steelpad QcK Audioengine D1 
Audio
Audio-technica ATH-A900X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conspiracy View Post
nice double post. sorry for my typo. wasnt paying attention that closely considering its an argument over the internet lol. you spot one messup in my post but dont read the whole thing and honestly you are still wrong about all the stuff you posted.

and honestly higher bitrate yea thats nice and all but you still are arguing over something as mundane as comparing a $400 camera to a $1600. even with your hacked firmware the hardware itself doesnt compare especially when all the cameras have hacked firmware as well. the 7d has hacked firmware

you can argue all day but in the end the GH1 is not an amazing video camera. great for homemovies not for professional full feature movie work.

at this point im just going to let you keep arguing how amazing the GH1 is because a lot of people i know are getting a good laugh at your stupidity. also the AF100 is not based on the GH1. they are two different systems. the GH1 is a DSLR the AF100 is a micro 4/3 video camera. they have the same lens mount but are nothing alike. same sensor type but different sizes. other than being made by the same company they are two different cameras. show me a news article from panasonic stating your facts and i will start taking you serious. until then im not wasting my time to respond anymore. the image produced from the af100 is way better than the GH1 i dont think you have personally compared them. i recently worked with the af100 and it is a great camera not even going to deny that i love panasonic video equipment
The 7D does not have hacked firmware. The AF100 is based on the GH2, and the GH2 based on the GH1, as the GH2 is also a micro 4/3 camera. They do have the same size sensor (17.3 x 13.0 mm). Many Indie film makers have been raving about the GH2 in comparison to the AF100. Yes, the AF100 is a better camera with more features, but the $1000 GH2 definitely stacks up extremely well vs the $5000 AF100.

The GH2 is extremely viable for pro work and thats why so many are using it.

Check out these links for comparison between the GH2 and AF100 and people's surprise.

GH2, AF100 Pixel Peeping

GH2 vs Af100 Discussion


I really don't want to bash you, and I'm not here to purely argue, I just want to inform in a positive manner.
Haf X rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 4.8Ghz Fatal1ty Z68 Pro XFX 5870 16GB Gskill 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Spinpoint F3 in RAID 0 LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Crossover 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Kingwin 1000w Haf X Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf X rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k @ 4.8Ghz Fatal1ty Z68 Pro XFX 5870 16GB Gskill 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Spinpoint F3 in RAID 0 LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Crossover 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Kingwin 1000w Haf X Logitech G500 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac Ripper 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Cameras
Overclock.net › Forums › Consumer Electronics › Video Cameras › Looking to get into film making