Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Crysis 2 sales dominated by Xbox 360 version
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG]Crysis 2 sales dominated by Xbox 360 version - Page 12  

post #111 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
Do you know what condoning is? You used it correctly in your previous post but now you used it wrong.

You've really lost me. I'm saying that I don't pirate and that I buy my games. You have a problem with that? Or are you automatically assuming that I'm a pirate just because I'm a PC gamer hence proving what I'm trying to say? (As is evident in your previous posts)
As far as I konw "condoning" means "to overlook or forgive" but then like I said English isn't my first language. If you buy your games I have to salute you, I somehow jumped the gun because I remembered some of previous disagreemnt on the topîc of piracy. (if you even remember XD)

All I want to say is that I'm really tired of people on this site claiming they are entilted to pirate games because they doesn't suit their expectations or because they are to costly while they whine because a game is playable on a system worth less than $3000. I'm a fervent PC gamer and I'm tired of people ruining my platform by stealing each and every game.
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K Asus Z97 Pro Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X 16GB GSkil 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB 2000DM001 Seagate 3TB 3000DM001 Plextor PX891SA NH-C12P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Iiyama XB2783HSU Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 Corsair TX750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lancool K62 Logitech G500 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K Asus Z97 Pro Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X 16GB GSkil 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB 2000DM001 Seagate 3TB 3000DM001 Plextor PX891SA NH-C12P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Iiyama XB2783HSU Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 Corsair TX750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lancool K62 Logitech G500 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
post #112 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post
The guy has a point. PC gamers tend to justify pirating as some Robin Hood act when they're just killing the market.

I do think that pirating is vastly overstated and the vast majority of it occurs in poorer countries like China, Brazil and India. Focusing the anti-pirating efforts and laws in the US/EU is like the US trying to solve its debt issues by cutting back on foreign aid.
The point is, every thread he comes to, and starts calling us low lives and nothing but pirates. Just because some PC gamers pirate, doesn't mean we all do. He has no right to speak with us like that. He's directly addressing us. It's not like there isn't piracy on consoles (as I have stated in my previous post, and as was stated by members here in other threads)
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
post #113 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
The point is, every thread he comes to, and starts calling us low lives and nothing but pirates. Just because some PC gamers pirate, doesn't mean we all do. He has no right to speak with us like that. He's directly addressing us. It's not like there isn't piracy on consoles (as I have stated in my previous post, and as was stated by members here in other threads)
He's speaking in generalities. You're just taking it personally. You've stated your point that YOU, personally, don't pirate and that's all that needs to be said in that regards. No need to feign outrage.
Edited by FuNkDrSpOt - 3/28/11 at 1:13pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
post #114 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telimektar View Post
As far as I konw "condoning" means "to overlook or forgive" but then like I said English isn't my first language. If you buy your games I have to salute you, I somehow jumped the gun because I remembered some of previous disagreemnt on the topîc of piracy. (if you even remember XD)

All I want to say is that I'm really tired of people on this site claiming they are entilted to pirate games because they doesn't suit their expectations or because they are to costly while they whine because a game is playable on a system worth less than $3000. I'm a fervent PC gamer and I'm tired of people ruining my platform by stealing each and every game.
Condone means look down on. At least that's what I think of.

Our last disagreement was about pirating just to try the games. You argued that it was just as bad as pirating and playing the whole game. I argued that it's ok if you buy/delete the game after playing the game a small amount.
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
post #115 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
Condone means look down on. At least that's what I think of.

Our last disagreement was about pirating just to try the games. You argued that it was just as bad as pirating and playing the whole game. I argued that it's ok if you buy/delete the game after playing the game a small amount.
Condemn would be a 'C' word that you would look down on. He's right in that condoning something is to allow, overlook or accept.

I disagree with the whole 'pirating just to try it' thing because a lot of people use the excuse but don't actually buy it, or play it all the way through and then say 'I didn't like it, so no money from me.'

On the flip side, considering that you can rent a console game whereas you can't do anything remotely close with PC, I can kinda understand that position. I wish Steam would allow you to do a $5 'trial' where they gave you like a 2 hr starter portion of the game and let you try it out as a rental of sorts. I hope that Steam can get on board with that one day. It would cost them almost nothing to cut out the first 2 hrs of a game and then offer it for 3-4 days for $5 and would be a huge fight against piracy. Conversely, I think that if there were no blockbuster/redbox/gamefly, there would be a huge jump in console piracy.
Edited by FuNkDrSpOt - 3/28/11 at 1:25pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
post #116 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNkDrSpOt View Post
He's speaking in generalities. You're just taking it personally. You've stated your point that YOU, personally, don't pirate and that's all that needs to be said in that regards. No need to feign outrage.
Me and Telimektar go way back. It's why I took it personal

But yeah I get excited when arguing and get pissed off easily

Edit: My bad for the condemn misunderstanding >.<
Edited by __Pat__ - 3/28/11 at 1:18pm
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
post #117 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
Me and Telimektar go way back. It's why I took it personal

But yeah I get excited when arguing and get pissed off easily
I dislike the anonymity of the internet because I think it has removed a lot of the civility, manners and patience from society as a whole. People are faster to name calling and showing signs of disrespect because their views don't align with anothers.

Sometimes I have to fight the urge to argue and get pissed as a response to how people talk and act towards me. it's ingrained in so many people's reactions.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
post #118 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
I'm still betting that it won't ever have a DX11 patch. Crytek is going to whine and complain that PC gamers pirated it, just like they did with Crysis 1 (even though Crysis is still one of the best selling games on the PC)..and then flat out drop support for it. Good bye DX11, good bye consolitis, good bye any more money they'll ever see out of this turd.

Cry-Tom reportedly announced that there is no DX11 patch coming as of yet. That the rumored patch for today was never official, and was never planned on being released...that it was a hoax site.

Oh, want source?
Here we go again with whining about some a lack of inclusion of some arbitrary renderpath. Tell me what exact visual differences you would notice when they released this so called DX11 patch, hmm? If anything, there would be minor subtle differences that you would need screenshot analysis time to find anyways and it would still not change the most important portion of it. What was the that? Oh yeah, the part where of the game where you are actually playing the game. Crysis 2 has amazing graphics, definitely just at least as good as the first one. As well, as a shooter, it's much more varied than crap like CoD so I don't understand the all the flak it's receiving. If all you're concerned with is the graphics, why don't you just go watch a CGI movie and maybe then we'll all be happy.
myTX Prodigy
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570 ASUS P8H77-I XFX Radeon HD 7870 Double D GSKILL 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SSD 840 250GB Crucial m4 128GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Western Digital Black 1TB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
ASUS CD/DVD RW 24X Windows 8 Pro x64 ASUS VE247 24" Microsoft Sidewinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX550M Bitfenix Prodigy Steelseries Kinzu Gigabyte Ghost 
  hide details  
myTX Prodigy
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570 ASUS P8H77-I XFX Radeon HD 7870 Double D GSKILL 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung SSD 840 250GB Crucial m4 128GB Seagate Barracuda 500GB Western Digital Black 1TB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
ASUS CD/DVD RW 24X Windows 8 Pro x64 ASUS VE247 24" Microsoft Sidewinder X4 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair TX550M Bitfenix Prodigy Steelseries Kinzu Gigabyte Ghost 
  hide details  
post #119 of 188
Thanks Funk for giving me back my faith in my feable English language skills, Pat probably isn't a native English speaker like me (his profile says is from Lebanon) so he probably misunderstood me on that point

But anyway it doesn't change the fact that yes I think torrenting for just trying isn't bad in itself, but that's an excuse that a lot of people use to just not buy the game afterwards, and even if you really do it just as a kind of "demo" you only send a bad message to developers and publishers alike who think you just pirated their games, what everyone should do if a game doesn't have any demo is e-mail the publisher to complain and not buy the game until a demo is released, not pirate it. I'm not doubting your personnal integrity but a lot of people will use every excuse possible just to hide the fact they are low life who juist won't spend their money to support the people who produce their hobby.

Edit: Oh and just to say it, I don't hate you at all Pat, in fact I somewhat enjoy our disareements in a masochistic way, you make a lot more sense than most people even if I completely disagree with your point of view most of the time. No offense at all but I would imagine most people in Lebanon wouldn't have the money to buy any game, and like I said in one of our previous discussions I'm completely ok with people from less favoured countries than us (and I don't mean it in a bad way) to pirate games, they at least diserve that.
Edited by Telimektar - 3/28/11 at 1:45pm
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K Asus Z97 Pro Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X 16GB GSkil 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB 2000DM001 Seagate 3TB 3000DM001 Plextor PX891SA NH-C12P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Iiyama XB2783HSU Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 Corsair TX750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lancool K62 Logitech G500 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
My System
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K Asus Z97 Pro Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X 16GB GSkil 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate 2TB 2000DM001 Seagate 3TB 3000DM001 Plextor PX891SA NH-C12P 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64bit Iiyama XB2783HSU Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000 Corsair TX750W 
CaseMouseAudio
Lancool K62 Logitech G500 Xonar DX 
  hide details  
post #120 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telimektar View Post
Especially when 90% of people who will play Crysis 2 on PC will just pirate it, but everyone says its fine PC is doing good
Yes, possibly. However I fully support this piracy if it is because the game isn't worth buying in the first place.

PC gaming is doing fine, just look at BC2.
Haswell
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Gigabyte UD3H EVGA GTX 770 SC Mushkin DDR3 2x8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 256GB Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme Windows 7 x64 Dell U2312HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Maxkeyboard Nighthawk X8 XFX P1-750B-BEFX 750W full modular Antec Twelve Hundred Razer Lachesis 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX + ATH-M50S 
  hide details  
Haswell
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4670k Gigabyte UD3H EVGA GTX 770 SC Mushkin DDR3 2x8GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 256GB Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme Windows 7 x64 Dell U2312HM 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Maxkeyboard Nighthawk X8 XFX P1-750B-BEFX 750W full modular Antec Twelve Hundred Razer Lachesis 
Audio
ASUS Xonar DX + ATH-M50S 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Crysis 2 sales dominated by Xbox 360 version