Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Crysis 2 sales dominated by Xbox 360 version
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[CVG]Crysis 2 sales dominated by Xbox 360 version - Page 5  

post #41 of 188
And illegally downloading a game because you think it's bad doesn't make any sense at all.
post #42 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
Glad to see a large portion of PC gamers still think that pirating out of spite will do anything but drive developers out of the PC market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyboyd View Post
And illegally downloading a game because you think it's bad doesn't make any sense at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
This!

Why Crysis2 is not my favorite game, actually not happy at all. There is NO excuse for piracy.
This this and this. Pirating it is only making things worse people, if you want to piss crytek off don't buy it. Simple as that, pirating it only makes everything worse.
post #43 of 188
Dominated by the platform with the worst graphical quality. Lols.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 - 2600K ASUS Maximus IV Gene EVGA GTX470 9600 GSO 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
8GB [2x4] Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial C300 SATA 6.0 64GB Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit 25" HP LCD 1080p x2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated 750W Silverstone Strider Silhouette v2 Crymod Custom by FrozenQ Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
XTrac Ripper Corsair Vengeance 1500 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 - 2600K ASUS Maximus IV Gene EVGA GTX470 9600 GSO 
RAMHard DriveOSMonitor
8GB [2x4] Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial C300 SATA 6.0 64GB Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit 25" HP LCD 1080p x2 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated 750W Silverstone Strider Silhouette v2 Crymod Custom by FrozenQ Logitech MX518 
Mouse PadAudio
XTrac Ripper Corsair Vengeance 1500 
  hide details  
post #44 of 188
The sad part of this is that they will likely blame their low PC sales on piracy. There are plenty of other PC games that sold very well despite people being able to pirate them.
Containment
(18 items)
 
Metamorphosis
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 955BE Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 Asus GTX560ti 12GB DDR3 1333 CL7 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Spinpoint F3 750GB Seagate 1TB None Custom loop 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W7 Ultimate x64 Asus ML249H Asus VE228H Alienware TactX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 550W Antec 902 Alienware TactX Razer Sphex 
AudioAudio
E-MU 0404 USB Ultrasone DJ1 Pro Headphones 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon E5405 Xeon E5405 SuperMicro X7DA3 ATI X1800 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
16GB DDR2 FB-DIMM Various Hyper 101 Hyper 101 
OSMonitorPowerCase
ESXi 5.0 Headless Antec NEO ECO 620W Rosewill RSV-L4000 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
None None HP P400 IPMI Card 
Other
HP Dual Gigabit NIC 
  hide details  
Containment
(18 items)
 
Metamorphosis
(19 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 955BE Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 Asus GTX560ti 12GB DDR3 1333 CL7 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Spinpoint F3 750GB Seagate 1TB None Custom loop 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
W7 Ultimate x64 Asus ML249H Asus VE228H Alienware TactX 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 550W Antec 902 Alienware TactX Razer Sphex 
AudioAudio
E-MU 0404 USB Ultrasone DJ1 Pro Headphones 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon E5405 Xeon E5405 SuperMicro X7DA3 ATI X1800 
RAMHard DriveCoolingCooling
16GB DDR2 FB-DIMM Various Hyper 101 Hyper 101 
OSMonitorPowerCase
ESXi 5.0 Headless Antec NEO ECO 620W Rosewill RSV-L4000 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
None None HP P400 IPMI Card 
Other
HP Dual Gigabit NIC 
  hide details  
post #45 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsemama1956 View Post
So if people don't like something you apparently like it's just whining right? Everyone has to write a 12 page review to have a valid opinion.

Crytek wanted consoles(mainly 360) and they got it. Plenty of people here buy and play console ports, but they aren't typically PC ip's completely changed to accommodate consoles.

I'm only about 3 hours in and the campaign is just like every other cookie cutter fps out there. Even if it is popular on the 360, it won't have legs, and it'll be completely forgotten by the fall.

Also I'm not sure where you pull the "we'll only have valve left" argument, more and more publishers/developers are saying they are looking at the PC with more focus.
Crytek did more with Dx9 than what most developers have done with anything else, including Dx11.

Crytek did an awesome job of capturing some of the PC experience on to antiquated hardware, on both PCs and consoles.

Calling the game crap because it doesn't have Dx11 is whining. Saying that "you are disappointed at the last minute removal of Dx11 support. It could really have demonstrated the power of the CryEngine 3" is an opinion (hopefully soon to be fact.)

Cookie cutter FPS? By cookie cutter, do you mean it has a gun and you are first person? Then yes, yes that would technically be cookie cutter. Is it reminiscent of Crysis 1 gameplay? Well it should be its the sequel. Does it have you killing a ton of AI to reach an objective? You can if you want to, or have genocidal tendencies. Is the gameplay linear? Of course, its an FPS thats heavily story driven and scripted. I could go on and on, but I heavily disagree about it being cookie cutter.

There are elements that are in every First Person Shooter, its a genre after all, and if you don't like that fact (which is perfectly okay), perhaps you are playing the wrong genre.

The point is, single & multi player bugs aside, Dx11 aside, this game is a stellar title. Continued support from Crytek should ensure that it has stellar support as well and only time will tell us that.
Edited by RagingCain - 3/28/11 at 6:24am
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
post #46 of 188
I have the money to buy it just waiting for Dx 11 I spend over 5000 to play games at highest setting not Dx 9
I7 970 AT 4 GH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 970 at 4GH water cooled EVGA 4 way classified MOBO GTX Titan SLI 12 GB tripple channel 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
160 GB Intell SSD 6 TB (3x2) 2 one TB raid 0 for games Sony (hx909) 52" Tv 3D cross 1200 watts PSU 
Case
HAFX  
  hide details  
I7 970 AT 4 GH
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 970 at 4GH water cooled EVGA 4 way classified MOBO GTX Titan SLI 12 GB tripple channel 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
160 GB Intell SSD 6 TB (3x2) 2 one TB raid 0 for games Sony (hx909) 52" Tv 3D cross 1200 watts PSU 
Case
HAFX  
  hide details  
post #47 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAr View Post
I have the money to buy it just waiting for Dx 11 I spend over 5000 to play games at highest setting not Dx 9
^ for that price, you are doing it wrong.

Then don't play Crysis 2, go play Unigine or 3DMark 11 Extreme.
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
Snowdevil
(16 items)
 
ASUS G750JM
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[i7 4790K @ 4.4 GHz (1.186v)] [Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark S] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] [nVidia Geforce GTX 1080] 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
[G.Skill 32GB DDR3 2133 MHz] [Crucial MX100 256GB] [Phanteks PH-TC12DX] [Win 10.1 Pro] 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
[LG 29UM65 (2560x1080)] [QNIX Evo II LED (2560x1440)] [WASD v2 Tenkeyless] [NZXT Hale90 v2 ] 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
[ThermalTake GT10 Snow Edition] [Razer Mamba - Chroma] [Razer Kabuto] [Razer Man O' War] 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4770HQ Intel HM87 Express Chipset Geforce GTX 860M 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD EVO DVD-RW Stock Windows 8.1 
Monitor
1920x1080 TN 
  hide details  
post #48 of 188
Crysis 2 is at the top of the Steam's top sellers list, so that 14% is almost guaranteed to be higher... Plus it also doesn't take into account other services which also sell it, such as Direct2Drive..
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 WC'd ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional Sapphire + Gigabyte R9 290X CF WC'd 16GB G. Skill Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 RAID 1 2x 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD RAID 1 Samsung Burner w/ Lightscribe Custom Watercooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 55" 4K Samsung Curved TV Roccat Sova Mechanical Cooler Master Silent Pro 1200W Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF 922 w/ Dust Filters Roccat Kone XTD 2x XFX Warpad ODAC > Glow Amp One > K702/65 
AudioOther
Yamaha Receiver + 5.1 Xbox One Wireless Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 540M @ 3.33Ghz DC 3.65Ghz SC Acer Intel HD 3000 + ATi Radeon HD 5650M Switchable 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 13.3" 1366x768 G403 
Audio
iBasso D-Zero Headphone AMP + DAC 
  hide details  
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3820 WC'd ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional Sapphire + Gigabyte R9 290X CF WC'd 16GB G. Skill Ripjaws Z 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 RAID 1 2x 250GB Samsung 840 Series SSD RAID 1 Samsung Burner w/ Lightscribe Custom Watercooling 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit 55" 4K Samsung Curved TV Roccat Sova Mechanical Cooler Master Silent Pro 1200W Gold 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master HAF 922 w/ Dust Filters Roccat Kone XTD 2x XFX Warpad ODAC > Glow Amp One > K702/65 
AudioOther
Yamaha Receiver + 5.1 Xbox One Wireless Controller 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 540M @ 3.33Ghz DC 3.65Ghz SC Acer Intel HD 3000 + ATi Radeon HD 5650M Switchable 4GB 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
OCZ Vertex 2 SSD Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 13.3" 1366x768 G403 
Audio
iBasso D-Zero Headphone AMP + DAC 
  hide details  
post #49 of 188
There's got to be a way to see how many copies of the game actually sold, including digital copies. Similar to music albums the quantity is definitely tracked.

The amount of retail box copies that were sold probably aren't even half of digital sales.
post #50 of 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingCain View Post
Crytek did more with Dx9 than what most developers have done with anything else, including Dx11.

Crytek did an awesome job of capturing some of the PC experience on to antiquated hardware, on both PCs and consoles.

Calling the game crap because it doesn't have Dx11 is whining. Saying that "you are disappointed at the last minute removal of Dx11 support. It could really have demonstrated the power of the CryEngine 3" is an opinion (hopefully soon to be fact.)

Cookie cutter FPS? By cookie cutter, do you mean it has a gun and you are first person? Then yes, yes that would technically be cookie cutter. Is it reminiscent of Crysis 1 gameplay? Well it should be its the sequel. Does it have you killing a ton of AI to reach an objective? You can if you want to, or have genocidal tendencies. Is the gameplay linear? Of course, its an FPS thats heavily story driven and scripted. I could go on and on, but I heavily disagree about it being cookie cutter.

There are elements that are in every First Person Shooter, its a genre after all, and if you don't like that fact (which is perfectly okay), perhaps you are playing the wrong genre.

The point is, single & multi player bugs aside, Dx11 aside, this game is a stellar title. Continued support from Crytek should ensure that it has stellar support as well.
Where did I mention graphics? I admit they look better then I thought they would, but I wasn't blown away at all. Just because they did more with DX9 then other devs have done with DX11(ok.. barely any DX11 games) doesn't mean it couldn't have done so much more.


By cookie cutter I mean it is it's just "set piece" after "set piece" with some cut scenes. Go from point A with a bunch of crap AI, to another section with another bunch of crap AI just standing there waiting for you to kill them. No need for tactics. It plays like every other console FPS released since Modern Warfare without the constant respawning enemies.

I don't think people saying the game sucks because it lacks DX11 and doesn't push hardware all that much is whining. It wasn't unreasonable to expect the game was going to take advantage of DX11 and decent system because they sort of hinted at it.

Again you are entitled to YOUR opinion just as everyone else is. No need to ride the ass of someone who disagrees. You say it's stellar but give no reason to suggest that. How the hell anyone says it's stellar is beyond comprehension, but that's fine.

You can honestly say Crytek didn't just borrow everything but the suit from Halo/CoD/Killzone and rename it Crysis 2? The game plays nothing like the first one.

Edit - Not to mention they made the Aliens humanoid because it was just easier to have a bunch of guys running at you for the easy kill. Can't have any sort of challenge as it is a console game, after all. Can't have guys staying the same area in a heated battle having to hunt the threat, it's needs to come to you.
Edited by Horsemama1956 - 3/28/11 at 6:43am
Computer
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.8Ghz Gigabyte AB350M-HD3 MSI Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Gaming X G.Skill 16GB(2x8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SSDs and HDDs Windows 10 x64 Pro Acer G7 G227HQLbi @75Hz EVGA 430w 
Case
Deepcool Frame 
  hide details  
Computer
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen 5 1400 3.8Ghz Gigabyte AB350M-HD3 MSI Geforce GTX 1060 3GB Gaming X G.Skill 16GB(2x8GB) 3200Mhz DDR4 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
SSDs and HDDs Windows 10 x64 Pro Acer G7 G227HQLbi @75Hz EVGA 430w 
Case
Deepcool Frame 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [CVG]Crysis 2 sales dominated by Xbox 360 version