Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › case fans
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

case fans

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
Hello
i want to get 1x120mm fan to put on the rear side and 2x140mm on the top side of my case.
Can you suggest red led 140mm fan that goes silent with good performance?
Can i connect all 3 fans using reduction from one 4pin 12v to 2x3pin 5v and 2x3pin 12v, rebuilt into 4pin 12v => 3x3pin 12v. will it work or there will be not enoght power for 3 fans?
Overclocked Dendy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE ASUS M4A87TD EVO GIGABYTE N450OC2-1GI KINGSTON 2x2GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SSD Corsair Forse series 3 WD Caviar Black 1TB Samsung DVD SH-S223L Windows 7 x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Benq GL2240 550W EUROCASE MiddleTower 550 SPEEDLINK KUDOS 
  hide details  
Reply
Overclocked Dendy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE ASUS M4A87TD EVO GIGABYTE N450OC2-1GI KINGSTON 2x2GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SSD Corsair Forse series 3 WD Caviar Black 1TB Samsung DVD SH-S223L Windows 7 x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Benq GL2240 550W EUROCASE MiddleTower 550 SPEEDLINK KUDOS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 6
If you plan on powering all the fan from a molex connector don't worry about power. it can handle it. Fans don't pull that much power, unless you are running super high speed ones.

If you want you can use that connector linked and run all 4 fans from the 12v line. it should handle it without issue. You could also look into a fan controller too.

I would recommend this fan for red LED. yate makes good fans.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10...tl=g36c331s877
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht View Post
If you plan on powering all the fan from a molex connector don't worry about power. it can handle it. Fans don't pull that much power, unless you are running super high speed ones.

If you want you can use that connector linked and run all 4 fans from the 12v line. it should handle it without issue. You could also look into a fan controller too.

I would recommend this fan for red LED. yate makes good fans.
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10...tl=g36c331s877
thank you. but in my country no one sell this fan.
i found this fans, seems to be good.
AIREN Red Wings 140 LED
PrimeCooler PC-L14025L12S
Overclocked Dendy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE ASUS M4A87TD EVO GIGABYTE N450OC2-1GI KINGSTON 2x2GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SSD Corsair Forse series 3 WD Caviar Black 1TB Samsung DVD SH-S223L Windows 7 x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Benq GL2240 550W EUROCASE MiddleTower 550 SPEEDLINK KUDOS 
  hide details  
Reply
Overclocked Dendy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE ASUS M4A87TD EVO GIGABYTE N450OC2-1GI KINGSTON 2x2GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SSD Corsair Forse series 3 WD Caviar Black 1TB Samsung DVD SH-S223L Windows 7 x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Benq GL2240 550W EUROCASE MiddleTower 550 SPEEDLINK KUDOS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRuler View Post
thank you. but in my country no one sell this fan.
i found this fans, seems to be good.
AIREN Red Wings 140 LED
PrimeCooler PC-L14025L12S
really any fan that falls under the correct noise level for you should be fine. just make sure you get the right bearing for what you want, sleeve bearings are only for vertical mounts and ball bearing for either, but they can get noisy when they start to wear out, while sleeve will just stop working completely.
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasherht View Post
really any fan that falls under the correct noise level for you should be fine. just make sure you get the right bearing for what you want, sleeve bearings are only for vertical mounts and ball bearing for either, but they can get noisy when they start to wear out, while sleeve will just stop working completely.
one more question, i see you run same procesor 4ghz on 1.4v, i had same voltage but someone said it should be 1.45 so i set it for 1.45, maybe i should lower it back?
Overclocked Dendy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE ASUS M4A87TD EVO GIGABYTE N450OC2-1GI KINGSTON 2x2GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SSD Corsair Forse series 3 WD Caviar Black 1TB Samsung DVD SH-S223L Windows 7 x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Benq GL2240 550W EUROCASE MiddleTower 550 SPEEDLINK KUDOS 
  hide details  
Reply
Overclocked Dendy
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE ASUS M4A87TD EVO GIGABYTE N450OC2-1GI KINGSTON 2x2GB DDR3 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
SSD Corsair Forse series 3 WD Caviar Black 1TB Samsung DVD SH-S223L Windows 7 x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Benq GL2240 550W EUROCASE MiddleTower 550 SPEEDLINK KUDOS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRuler View Post
one more question, i see you run same procesor 4ghz on 1.4v, i had same voltage but someone said it should be 1.45 so i set it for 1.45, maybe i should lower it back?
Don't listen to people when they give you exact settings for overclocking.
If you are stable at 1.4volts then that is what your chip needs, some chips need 1.45 for 4ghz, some even need 1.5volts, they all vary.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › case fans