Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [BD] Crytek: No DirectX 11 patch today; 1.2 PC patch coming later this week
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[BD] Crytek: No DirectX 11 patch today; 1.2 PC patch coming later this week - Page 27

post #261 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magariz View Post
Yes it is nice to have both but just because a game doesn't have cutting edge graphics is no reason to discount it. I write off the game for it not being playable rather then dx11.
I'm not saying graphics>gameplay. I play older games much more than newer ones as they are MUCH more fun.
But we can have both if we voice our opinion to developers.
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Lala
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-750 @ 3.00GHz Intel DP55WB Sapphire HD 5870 @ 950/1200 1.212V Kingston 2x2GB DDR3 1333.3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB WD Black, 1TB WD Green Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit Samsung P2370H Thermaltake ToughPower 750W 
Case
Thermaltake M9 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #262 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
Just because every other developer is doing it doesn't mean it's right.
We would tell the developers but then we are quickly told to shut up by console fan boys who call us PC elitist.

And this is Crytek. They were developing with DX10 when everyone was still stuck with DX9. Now they're stuck with it
I'm not saying it is right, but if we are going tell one company, no matter who it is, that they should have state of the art graphics because it is 2011, we have to tell that to eveyone. I don't care if it is Crytek, the all mighty god of graphics, if we say graphics need to be better because it is 2011, they should be better from every developer not just Crytek.

Besides, one company isn't going to change things. We need everyone to do it. And it doesn't work saying that first one company needs to do it and then others will follow. I know someone has to eventually do it first, but we need a few games from different developers to come out at the same time (and be successful), not just 1 DX11 game every 6 months to a year that is mediocre. Nobody followed Crytek when they produced great graphics for Crysis 1. Why, because nobody wanted to make a game that was considered more of a benchmark than a game because only 2% of the people could actually play it with max graphic settings. If Crytek couldn't show other developers the way with Crysis 1, what would make this any different if Crysis 2 was better in the graphics department. I know we have more powerful hardware now, but adding in DX11 with all the bells and whistles would probably take another generation or two of graphic cards to max it out where it would be affordable for most of the people.
Edited by jbobb - 3/30/11 at 10:49am
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 3.8 Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD4P MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr OC 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4-64GB WD Caviar Black-1TB ASUS DRW-24B1ST Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Asus VG248qe Logitech G15 Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500r (White) Razer DeathAdder 2013 Razer Vespula Creative X-Fi Titanium HD 
AudioOther
Audio Technica AD700 bitfenix recon 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 @ 3.8 Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD4P MSI GTX 680 Twin Frozr OC 3x2GB G.Skill DDR3 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4-64GB WD Caviar Black-1TB ASUS DRW-24B1ST Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro 64bit Asus VG248qe Logitech G15 Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500r (White) Razer DeathAdder 2013 Razer Vespula Creative X-Fi Titanium HD 
AudioOther
Audio Technica AD700 bitfenix recon 
  hide details  
Reply
post #263 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobb View Post
I'm not saying it is right, but if we are going tell one company, no matter who it is, that they should have state of the art graphics because it is 2011, we have to tell that to eveyone. I don't care if it is Crytek, the all mighty god of graphics, if we say graphics need to be better because it is 2011, they should be better from every developer not just Crytek.

Besides, one company isn't going to change things. We need everyone to do it. And it doesn't work saying that first one company needs to do it and then others will follow. I know someone has to eventually do it first, but we need a few games from different developers to come out at the same time, not just 1 DX11 game every 6 months to a year. Nobody followed Crytek when they produced great graphics for Crysis 1. Why, because nobody wanted to make a game that was considered more of a benchmark than a game because only 2% of the people could actually play it with max graphic settings. If Crytek couldn't show other developers the way with Crysis 1, what would make this any different if Crysis 2 was better in the graphics department. I know we have more powerful hardware now, but adding in DX11 with all the bells and whistles would probably take another generation or two of graphic cards to max it out where it would be affordable for most of the people.
And as long as consoles are using DX9 and using 6-year old hardware, PC games will continue to suffer. Developers targeting all three platforms have to do so economically, and since consoles are making them more money they will setup most content to work on all three at once, then make a pass at the PC version to make it a bit better. If they want to spend a lot of time on the PC version to make it much better it will cost a lot of money.

Once next-gen consoles come out the same process will continue, but the hardware gap will be smaller and less noticeable for PC gamers.
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #264 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordikon View Post
He just said he DIDN'T buy it because of DX11. I think you misunderstood him.
No... you missunderstand. The games doesn't have DX11. He said he "didn't buy it because of DX11"
He means: "I didn't buy the game, because it lacks DX11."
Kilo 3.0
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P HIS HD6970 1GB 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 Seagate Barricuda Seagate GoFlex WD Passport 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Lite-On BD-RW ASUS DVD-RW Cooler Master H80 Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro 25" Hanns.G K710 Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master 690 M710 XTrac Ripper Logitech 540 
  hide details  
Reply
Kilo 3.0
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P HIS HD6970 1GB 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 3 Seagate Barricuda Seagate GoFlex WD Passport 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Lite-On BD-RW ASUS DVD-RW Cooler Master H80 Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo II 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 Pro 25" Hanns.G K710 Corsair TX750 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Cooler Master 690 M710 XTrac Ripper Logitech 540 
  hide details  
Reply
post #265 of 287
This file makes crysis 2 look better than any other graphics mod to date, can anyone help me figure out whats causing the weapon bluring affect while your just standing still in the game. it happens once you aim down the site then its stuck on eternal blur after you return the gun to the hip, any help would be awsome so I can remove it out the file;

; crysis 2 - autoexec

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - System settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
sys_spec = 3
sys_spec_Full = 3
sys_spec_ObjectDetail = 3
sys_spec_Shading = 3
sys_spec_VolumetricEffects = 3
sys_spec_Shadows = 3
sys_spec_Texture = 3
sys_spec_Physics = 3
sys_spec_PostProcessing = 3
sys_spec_Particles = 3
sys_spec_Sound = 3
sys_spec_Water = 3
sys_spec_GameEffects = 3
sys_spec_Quality = 3
sys_MaxFPS = 120
sys_physics_CPU = 3


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - render settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
r_ShadersRemoteCompiler = 0
r_ShaderCompilerServer =
r_displayInfo = 1
r_Driver = "DX11"
r_driver = dx11
r_UseEdgeAA = 3
r_Beams = 1
r_BeamsDistFactor = 0.015
r_BeamsMaxSlices = 300
r_BeamsSoftClip = 0
r_EnableAltTab = 0
r_MultiGPU = 1
r_TexMaxAnisotropy = 16
r_Character_NoDeform = 0
;r_CloakHeatScale = 1.5
r_CloudsUpdateAlways = 1
r_ColorBits = 32
r_ColorGrading = 1
r_ConditionalRendering = 1
r_Coronas = 1
r_CoronaFade = 1
r_CustomVisions = 1
r_DeferredShadingCubeMaps = 1
r_DeferredShadingDepthBoundsTest = 1
r_DeferredShadingHeightBasedAmbient = 1
r_DeferredShadingLightVolumes = 1
r_DepthOfField = 2
;r_DepthOfFieldBokeh =
r_DepthOfFieldBokehQuality = 1
r_DetailDistance = 20
r_DetailNumLayers = 2
r_DetailScale = 20
r_DetailTextures = 1
r_dofMinZ = 0.6
r_dofMinZBlendMult = 1.2
r_dofMinZScale = 1.2
r_DrawNearFarPlane = 80
r_DrawNearFoV = 80
r_EnvCMResolution = 2
r_EnvTexResolution = 3
r_EnvTexUpdateInterval = 0.0001
r_EyeAdaptationBase = 0.4
r_EyeAdaptationFactor = 0.8
r_Flares = 1
r_FogColorGradientEnforced = 2
r_Fullscreen = 1
r_Fur = 1
r_GeomInstancing = 1
r_GeomInstancingThreshold = 0
r_Glow = 1
r_GlowAnamorphicFlares = 1
r_HDRBrightLevel = 0.2
r_HDRBrightOffset = 4.0
r_HDRBrightThreshold = 1.5
r_HDREyeAdaptionCache = 0
r_HDRFlaresCache = 0
r_HDRForceUpdateTextures = 1
r_HDRGrainAmount = 0
r_HDRLevel = 2
r_HDROffset = 8
r_HDRRangeAdapt = 2
r_HDRRangeAdaptationSpeed = 0.8
r_HDRRendering = 1
r_HDRTexFormat = 1
r_HDRVignetting = 1
r_HUDHitEffect = 4
r_ImposterRatio = 2
r_ImpostersDraw = 1
r_ImpostersUpdatePerFrame = 12000
r_MotionBlur = 2
r_MotionBlurAdaptiveSampling = 1
r_MotionBlurHDR = 1
r_MotionBlurMaxViewDist = 32
r_MotionBlurShutterSpeed = 0.005
r_MultiThreaded = 1
r_NightVision = 2
r_NoDrawNear = 0
r_pointslightshafts = 1
r_PostProcessEffects = 1
r_PostProcessFilters = 1
r_PostProcessHUD3D = 1
r_PostProcessHUD3DGlowAmount = 0.8
r_Rain = 2
r_RainDropsEffect = 2
r_RainIgnoreNearest = 0
r_RainMaxViewDist = 200
r_RainMaxViewDist_Deferred = 220
r_Reflections = 1
r_ReflectionsQuality = 3
r_refraction = 1
; r_RenderTargetPoolSize = 200
r_Scratches = 3
r_ShadersDX11 = 1
r_ShadersDX9 = 0
r_ShadowBlur = 3
r_ShadowBluriness = 0.2
r_ShadowGen = 1
r_ShadowGenGS = 1
r_ShadowGenMode = 1
r_ShadowJittering = 1
r_ShadowsDeferredMode = 1
r_ShadowsMaskDownScale = 0
r_ShadowsMaskResolution = 0
;r_SonarVision = 1
r_SSAO = 3
r_SSAOQuality = 3
r_sunshafts = 1
r_TerrainAO = 7
r_TexBumpResolution = 0
r_TexMaxSize = 4096
r_TexMinSize = 2048
r_TexNoAniso = 0
r_TexResolution = 0
r_TexSkyResolution = 0
r_TextureLodDistanceRatio = -1
r_TexturesFilteringQuality = 0
r_TexturesStreaming = 0
r_TexturesStreamPoolSize = 256
r_ThermalVision = 1
r_ThermalVisionViewDistanc = 220
r_UseAlphaBlend = 1
r_UseEdgeAA = 3
r_UseGSParticles = 1
r_UseHWSkinning = 1
r_UseMaterialLayers = 1
r_UseMergedPosts = 3
r_UseParticlesGlow = 1
r_UseParticlesHalfRes = 0
r_UseParticlesRefraction = 1
r_UsePOM = 1
r_UseSoftParticles = 1
r_VarianceShadowMapBlurAmount = 0.8
r_WaterCaustics = 1
r_WaterCausticsDeferred = 2
r_WaterCausticsDistance = 150
r_WaterGodRays = 1
r_WaterReflections = 1
; r_WaterReflectionsMGPU
r_WaterReflectionsMinVisiblePixelsUpdate = 0.001
r_WaterReflectionsQuality = 3
r_WaterUpdateFactor = 0
r_WaterUpdateThread = 5
r_PostMSAA = 0
r_VegetationSpritesTexRes = 256


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - Client settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
cl_FoV = 75


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - Engine settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
e_ViewDistMin = 20
e_ViewDistRatio = 150
e_ViewDistRatioLights = 75
e_TerrainLodRatio = 0
e_SkyUpdateRate = 0.25
e_ShadowsMaxTexRes = 2048

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - Game settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
g_language = English
g_SkipIntro = 1
g_breakage_particles_limit = 300

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - Console settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
con_Restricted = 0


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - Log settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
log_IncludeTime = 1
log_verbosity = 0
CORE 2 EXTREAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL CORE 2 EXTREAM QX9650 @ 3.6GHZ 790i ULTRA EVGA GTX 480 4GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR 1800MHZ 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL BLACK 1TB SATA VISTA ULTIMATE 64BIT 1000WATT THERMALTAKE XCLIO 
Mouse
RAZER DEATH ADDER 
  hide details  
Reply
CORE 2 EXTREAM
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL CORE 2 EXTREAM QX9650 @ 3.6GHZ 790i ULTRA EVGA GTX 480 4GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR 1800MHZ 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL BLACK 1TB SATA VISTA ULTIMATE 64BIT 1000WATT THERMALTAKE XCLIO 
Mouse
RAZER DEATH ADDER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #266 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by __Pat__ View Post
Because it's 2011 not 2000. There's no reason not to have gameplay AND graphics.
We've been over this before. BUDGETS are the reason not to be cutting edge in both.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PII x4 965 Asus m3a79-T Sapphire TOXIC 5850 OCZ Reaper 2x2gb DDR 1066 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Stupid Vista Samsung 2494SW OCZ GameXstream 700w Corsair 600T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #267 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiaguy077 View Post
This file makes crysis 2 look better than any other graphics mod to date, can anyone help me figure out whats causing the weapon bluring affect while your just standing still in the game. it happens once you aim down the site then its stuck on eternal blur after you return the gun to the hip, any help would be awsome so I can remove it out the file;

; crysis 2 - autoexec

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - System settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
sys_spec = 3
sys_spec_Full = 3
sys_spec_ObjectDetail = 3
sys_spec_Shading = 3
sys_spec_VolumetricEffects = 3
sys_spec_Shadows = 3
sys_spec_Texture = 3
sys_spec_Physics = 3
sys_spec_PostProcessing = 3
sys_spec_Particles = 3
sys_spec_Sound = 3
sys_spec_Water = 3
sys_spec_GameEffects = 3
sys_spec_Quality = 3
sys_MaxFPS = 120
sys_physics_CPU = 3


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - render settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
r_ShadersRemoteCompiler = 0
r_ShaderCompilerServer =
r_displayInfo = 1
r_Driver = "DX11"
r_driver = dx11
r_UseEdgeAA = 3
r_Beams = 1
r_BeamsDistFactor = 0.015
r_BeamsMaxSlices = 300
r_BeamsSoftClip = 0
r_EnableAltTab = 0
r_MultiGPU = 1
r_TexMaxAnisotropy = 16
r_Character_NoDeform = 0
;r_CloakHeatScale = 1.5
r_CloudsUpdateAlways = 1
r_ColorBits = 32
r_ColorGrading = 1
r_ConditionalRendering = 1
r_Coronas = 1
r_CoronaFade = 1
r_CustomVisions = 1
r_DeferredShadingCubeMaps = 1
r_DeferredShadingDepthBoundsTest = 1
r_DeferredShadingHeightBasedAmbient = 1
r_DeferredShadingLightVolumes = 1
r_DepthOfField = 2
;r_DepthOfFieldBokeh =
r_DepthOfFieldBokehQuality = 1
r_DetailDistance = 20
r_DetailNumLayers = 2
r_DetailScale = 20
r_DetailTextures = 1
r_dofMinZ = 0.6
r_dofMinZBlendMult = 1.2
r_dofMinZScale = 1.2
r_DrawNearFarPlane = 80
r_DrawNearFoV = 80
r_EnvCMResolution = 2
r_EnvTexResolution = 3
r_EnvTexUpdateInterval = 0.0001
r_EyeAdaptationBase = 0.4
r_EyeAdaptationFactor = 0.8
r_Flares = 1
r_FogColorGradientEnforced = 2
r_Fullscreen = 1
r_Fur = 1
r_GeomInstancing = 1
r_GeomInstancingThreshold = 0
r_Glow = 1
r_GlowAnamorphicFlares = 1
r_HDRBrightLevel = 0.2
r_HDRBrightOffset = 4.0
r_HDRBrightThreshold = 1.5
r_HDREyeAdaptionCache = 0
r_HDRFlaresCache = 0
r_HDRForceUpdateTextures = 1
r_HDRGrainAmount = 0
r_HDRLevel = 2
r_HDROffset = 8
r_HDRRangeAdapt = 2
r_HDRRangeAdaptationSpeed = 0.8
r_HDRRendering = 1
r_HDRTexFormat = 1
r_HDRVignetting = 1
r_HUDHitEffect = 4
r_ImposterRatio = 2
r_ImpostersDraw = 1
r_ImpostersUpdatePerFrame = 12000
r_MotionBlur = 2
r_MotionBlurAdaptiveSampling = 1
r_MotionBlurHDR = 1
r_MotionBlurMaxViewDist = 32
r_MotionBlurShutterSpeed = 0.005
r_MultiThreaded = 1
r_NightVision = 2
r_NoDrawNear = 0
r_pointslightshafts = 1
r_PostProcessEffects = 1
r_PostProcessFilters = 1
r_PostProcessHUD3D = 1
r_PostProcessHUD3DGlowAmount = 0.8
r_Rain = 2
r_RainDropsEffect = 2
r_RainIgnoreNearest = 0
r_RainMaxViewDist = 200
r_RainMaxViewDist_Deferred = 220
r_Reflections = 1
r_ReflectionsQuality = 3
r_refraction = 1
; r_RenderTargetPoolSize = 200
r_Scratches = 3
r_ShadersDX11 = 1
r_ShadersDX9 = 0
r_ShadowBlur = 3
r_ShadowBluriness = 0.2
r_ShadowGen = 1
r_ShadowGenGS = 1
r_ShadowGenMode = 1
r_ShadowJittering = 1
r_ShadowsDeferredMode = 1
r_ShadowsMaskDownScale = 0
r_ShadowsMaskResolution = 0
;r_SonarVision = 1
r_SSAO = 3
r_SSAOQuality = 3
r_sunshafts = 1
r_TerrainAO = 7
r_TexBumpResolution = 0
r_TexMaxSize = 4096
r_TexMinSize = 2048
r_TexNoAniso = 0
r_TexResolution = 0
r_TexSkyResolution = 0
r_TextureLodDistanceRatio = -1
r_TexturesFilteringQuality = 0
r_TexturesStreaming = 0
r_TexturesStreamPoolSize = 256
r_ThermalVision = 1
r_ThermalVisionViewDistanc = 220
r_UseAlphaBlend = 1
r_UseEdgeAA = 3
r_UseGSParticles = 1
r_UseHWSkinning = 1
r_UseMaterialLayers = 1
r_UseMergedPosts = 3
r_UseParticlesGlow = 1
r_UseParticlesHalfRes = 0
r_UseParticlesRefraction = 1
r_UsePOM = 1
r_UseSoftParticles = 1
r_VarianceShadowMapBlurAmount = 0.8
r_WaterCaustics = 1
r_WaterCausticsDeferred = 2
r_WaterCausticsDistance = 150
r_WaterGodRays = 1
r_WaterReflections = 1
; r_WaterReflectionsMGPU
r_WaterReflectionsMinVisiblePixelsUpdate = 0.001
r_WaterReflectionsQuality = 3
r_WaterUpdateFactor = 0
r_WaterUpdateThread = 5
r_PostMSAA = 0
r_VegetationSpritesTexRes = 256


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - Client settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
cl_FoV = 75


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - Engine settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
e_ViewDistMin = 20
e_ViewDistRatio = 150
e_ViewDistRatioLights = 75
e_TerrainLodRatio = 0
e_SkyUpdateRate = 0.25
e_ShadowsMaxTexRes = 2048

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - Game settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
g_language = English
g_SkipIntro = 1
g_breakage_particles_limit = 300

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - Console settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
con_Restricted = 0


;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Crysis 2 - Log settings ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
log_IncludeTime = 1
log_verbosity = 0
Why is your driver saying dx11? LOL you know this is a dx9 game? Besides con_Restricted don't work in the game. Hell even half of it i think.
post #268 of 287

anyone with a nvidia card tried playing the game with sgssaa? play the vid in 1080p

here's the how to on getting it to work...
Alucard
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 955 C3 @ 4.1ghz (stable) Gigabyte 890fx-ud5 asus gtx 590 G. Skill Eco 2x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 Win 7 (64 bit) Dell u2711 ABS SL 1050w 
Case
Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
Alucard
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenon II 955 C3 @ 4.1ghz (stable) Gigabyte 890fx-ud5 asus gtx 590 G. Skill Eco 2x2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Samsung F3 Win 7 (64 bit) Dell u2711 ABS SL 1050w 
Case
Torture Rack 
  hide details  
Reply
post #269 of 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPSONATOR View Post
No... you missunderstand. The games doesn't have DX11. He said he "didn't buy it because of DX11"
He means: "I didn't buy the game, because it lacks DX11."
I see. I guess it could be interpreted both ways, but I think in this case he meant what you're saying.
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
Foldatron
(17 items)
 
Mat
(10 items)
 
Work iMac
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 950 EVGA x58 3-way SLI EVGA GTX 660ti GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 80GB Intel X25-M SSD 2TB WD Black 150GB WD Raptor 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x 150GB WD V-raptor in RAID0 Win7 Home 64-bit OEM 55" LED 120hz 1080p Vizio MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 
PowerCase
750W PC P&C Silencer CoolerMaster 690 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i5 2500S AMD 6770M 8GB (2x4GB) at 1333Mhz 1TB, 7200 rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG 8X Dual-Layer "SuperDrive" OS X Lion 27" iMac screen Mac wireless keyboard 
Mouse
Mac wireless mouse 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-2600K AMD 6970M 1GB 16GB PC3-10600 DDR3 1TB 7200rpm 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
256GB SSD 8x DL "SuperDrive" OS X 10.7 Lion 27" 2560x1440 iMac display 
Monitor
27" Apple thunderbolt display 
  hide details  
Reply
post #270 of 287
Shame on you Crytek. Epic fail
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [BD] Crytek: No DirectX 11 patch today; 1.2 PC patch coming later this week