Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Video Games - General › Where are they hiding?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where are they hiding? - Page 2

post #11 of 26
There are a few right here on OCN...but I am certain they wouldn't want to reveal their identities since they'd be hunted down by a pack of hormonal teenage wolves.
post #12 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoloid;12908103 
There are a few right here on OCN...but I am certain they wouldn't want to reveal their identities since they'd be hunted down by a pack of hormonal teenage wolves.

Jeez don't tell them...doh.gif
asdf
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Thuban 1090T 4.0Ghz Asus M4N75TD EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Patriot Sector 5 4Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2*WD Caviar Blue 500Gb Raid 0 Samsung DVD SH-S223 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Benq G2410HD 
PowerCase
Fatal1ty 750w CM Haf 912 
  hide details  
Reply
asdf
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Thuban 1090T 4.0Ghz Asus M4N75TD EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Patriot Sector 5 4Gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2*WD Caviar Blue 500Gb Raid 0 Samsung DVD SH-S223 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Benq G2410HD 
PowerCase
Fatal1ty 750w CM Haf 912 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 26
I found my cute gamer girl in a game of TF2 tongue.gif It's worked out well so far! (1.25 years and counting)

They are out there, but you'll only find one when you stop looking for them. wink.gif
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 6700HQ nVidia GTX 965m 16GB DDR4-2133 120GB M.2.SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
480GB Crucial M500 Windows 10 Pro Dell Ultrasharp u2713hm Corsair Vengeance K70 
MouseAudio
Logitech G600 Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 6700HQ nVidia GTX 965m 16GB DDR4-2133 120GB M.2.SSD 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
480GB Crucial M500 Windows 10 Pro Dell Ultrasharp u2713hm Corsair Vengeance K70 
MouseAudio
Logitech G600 Creative T20 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 26
They're a made up legend. They don't exist.

In actuality, most of us are probably under the radar, hiding it or not. We're probably not as plentiful as guys, but we're out there. When it comes down to it, we're primarily here for the same reasons you guys are, and that's the interests in tech and all. Having casual discussion on the side is fine, but just broadcasting it is usually too much hassle and drama, so some will not come forth about it, or even hide it/lie about it (I did this myself in the past), to avoid the issues it brings, as it is not what matters.

Oh, and let me say this about the whole attention scenes that sometimes happen. A girl coming out about it, if it's in an OBVIOUS way, right up front, showing it off, is USUALLY doing it for the attention. There are some cases where it gets overblown and she probably didn't mean to grab attention and the guys threw it at her anyway, but alot of the time, that's how it is, so if you see a big attention scene over a girl because "she's a girl" and is blatantly getting up on a pedestal to broadcast it, it's usually just as much the girl as it is the guys making an issue about it.

For that reason, most of us won't broadcast it (again, because out interest in tech is why we're here, not our gender).
post #15 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by staryoshi;12910224 
I found my cute gamer girl in a game of TF2 tongue.gif It's worked out well so far! (1.25 years and counting)

They are out there, but you'll only find one when you stop looking for them. wink.gif
nice! cudos to you two!
Quote:
They're a made up legend. They don't exist.

In actuality, most of us are probably under the radar, hiding it or not. We're probably not as plentiful as guys, but we're out there. When it comes down to it, we're primarily here for the same reasons you guys are, and that's the interests in tech and all. Having casual discussion on the side is fine, but just broadcasting it is usually too much hassle and drama, so some will not come forth about it, or even hide it/lie about it (I did this myself in the past), to avoid the issues it brings, as it is not what matters.

Oh, and let me say this about the whole attention scenes that sometimes happen. A girl coming out about it, if it's in an OBVIOUS way, right up front, showing it off, is USUALLY doing it for the attention. There are some cases where it gets overblown and she probably didn't mean to grab attention and the guys threw it at her anyway, but alot of the time, that's how it is, so if you see a big attention scene over a girl because "she's a girl" and is blatantly getting up on a pedestal to broadcast it, it's usually just as much the girl as it is the guys making an issue about it.

For that reason, most of us won't broadcast it (again, because out interest in tech is why we're here, not our gender).
Tbh generally when someone says on a forum like this that there a girl i automatically think there a guy! although ill admit that ive seen topics with like 20-30 pages just because someone claims to be female!


Ill take that as a win, argument settled!
4423-PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k  ASUS Z77 Sabertooth GTX 295 Corsair vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 60GB + WD Cav Blue 320GB+SpinPoin... Generic DVD RW CM Hyper 212+ cpu cooler Windows 7 Pro  
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
acer 23" 1920x1080 19" Samsung 1440x900 corsair GS 700W Antec 900 Custom (Still no big boy fan) 
  hide details  
Reply
4423-PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k  ASUS Z77 Sabertooth GTX 295 Corsair vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 60GB + WD Cav Blue 320GB+SpinPoin... Generic DVD RW CM Hyper 212+ cpu cooler Windows 7 Pro  
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
acer 23" 1920x1080 19" Samsung 1440x900 corsair GS 700W Antec 900 Custom (Still no big boy fan) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4423;12921714 
Tbh generally when someone says on a forum like this that there a girl i automatically think there a guy! although ill admit that ive seen topics with like 20-30 pages just because someone claims to be female!
I suppose that's also a possibility, but that still makes it so that in either case, it seems to be for the attention.
post #17 of 26
I love the interwebz. There is no gender, no race, no religion, people can be brutally honest and be judged only on their actions and not any other reason.

Funny story, one time in HS,i think 9th grade, there was this one girl(who is the opposite of hot in my book) had a crush on me(why, who knows, i was an A hole) and sparked up a conversation on computers. Well long story short, I asked if i could see a picture of her motherboard(the conversation led to the point that i was interested in see what she had described) and I was promptly hit in the mouth. Since then, I avoid asking people about their motherboards!
Valery
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Radeon 7970 Reference G. Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair NOVA SSD 64gb + 500gb Storage + 1TB Storag HP DVD burner Windows 7 64bit 37" 1080p60hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Rosewill Lightning 1000W Single Rail LianLi PC-K58 Razer Spectre 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
Valery
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k GA-P67A-UD4-B3 Radeon 7970 Reference G. Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair NOVA SSD 64gb + 500gb Storage + 1TB Storag HP DVD burner Windows 7 64bit 37" 1080p60hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Rosewill Lightning 1000W Single Rail LianLi PC-K58 Razer Spectre 
Mouse Pad
Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 26
Desperation just took to a whole new level on OCN.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 3.8 Asus P5K Deluxe MSI GTX460 1GB Cyclone G.Skill DDR2 - 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2TB RAID0 F3, 2TB F4 (x2) DVD burner, Blu-ray reader Windows 7 Ult. (x64) Dell U3011 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch Linear R Corsair HX650W CM Sniper (Blk Ed.) Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
QcK cloth pad 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2Q Q9550 @ 3.8 Asus P5K Deluxe MSI GTX460 1GB Cyclone G.Skill DDR2 - 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2TB RAID0 F3, 2TB F4 (x2) DVD burner, Blu-ray reader Windows 7 Ult. (x64) Dell U3011 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch Linear R Corsair HX650W CM Sniper (Blk Ed.) Razer DeathAdder 
Mouse Pad
QcK cloth pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRockMonsi;12908027 
From personal experience, a lot of them like the L4D games - I've met quite a few that play L4D2 (never really played L4D1, but I assume there are some there as well).

True every true. I play with a lot of girls on L4D 1/2
Mr. Piggy
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
Mr. Piggy
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #20 of 26
Does letting my gf (wife now) Camp vs SNK in our first date after movies count? I let her beat me to death and she enjoyed it smile.gif

We play Wii once in a while though she isn't that great of a gamer frown.gif except in Mario Party 8.
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkru;12926841 
I love the interwebz. There is no gender, no race, no religion, people can be brutally honest and be judged only on their actions and not any other reason.

Funny story, one time in HS,i think 9th grade, there was this one girl(who is the opposite of hot in my book) had a crush on me(why, who knows, i was an A hole) and sparked up a conversation on computers. Well long story short, I asked if i could see a picture of her motherboard(the conversation led to the point that i was interested in see what she had described) and I was promptly hit in the mouth. Since then, I avoid asking people about their motherboards!

that's funny... I'm glad you didn't talk about sockets.
Edited by Sodalink - 3/29/11 at 11:28pm
SC2 Phantom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz  Asus P8P67 Pro Saphire 7950 3GB 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Temp slow hdd None Win7 Pro 64bit Asus 24 VE248H  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Alien XFX 850 Silver 80 Plus NZXT Phantom Black Razer Darthbender 
Mouse Pad
Thermaltake LED 
  hide details  
Reply
SC2 Phantom
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz  Asus P8P67 Pro Saphire 7950 3GB 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Temp slow hdd None Win7 Pro 64bit Asus 24 VE248H  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Alien XFX 850 Silver 80 Plus NZXT Phantom Black Razer Darthbender 
Mouse Pad
Thermaltake LED 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Games - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › Video Games - General › Where are they hiding?