Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › I have a confession to make: I love Crysis 2! (and the bugs are fixed!!!)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I have a confession to make: I love Crysis 2! (and the bugs are fixed!!!) - Page 5

post #41 of 144
Have you noticed hit box problems in multiplayer or is it just me? Sometimes I shoot someone and see blood shoot out of them, then in the killcam it appears that I never got a shot on them. It's very frustrating. I am so bad at the multiplayer. It's so fast and frantic, I can never keep up.

Let's arrange a time for OCN Crysis 2 guys to meet up and have a match.
post #42 of 144
I'm sorry Crysis 2, but I liked the complications and learning curve of Crysis more You will be purchased during a sale though! Glad to know there aren't that many cons in your eyes, and one of the first non-bashing threads for this game I've seen also.
Little Black Box
(18 items)
 
Vostro
(7 items)
 
Galaxy S4
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k AsRock Fatal1ty Z170 ITX EVGA GTX 980 SC G. Skill Trident Z 16GB(2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 64GB Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Seagate ST 2TB Seagate ST 500GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H60 Win 10 Pro Planar PX2710MW AOC U2868PQU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RGB80 Corsair HX850 Corsair Obsidian 250D Logitech M705 
Mouse Pad
XTrac Ripper XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo T5670 Dell OEM Intel GMA 950 3Gb DDR2-667 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
WD Scorpio Blue 250Gb Linux Ubuntu 12.10 x64 15.4" Tru-Bright 1280x800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Snapdragon 600 MSM8960 Adreno 320 2GB LPDDR 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
16GB+16GB Jelly Bean 4.2.2 JDQ 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
Little Black Box
(18 items)
 
Vostro
(7 items)
 
Galaxy S4
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k AsRock Fatal1ty Z170 ITX EVGA GTX 980 SC G. Skill Trident Z 16GB(2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 64GB Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Seagate ST 2TB Seagate ST 500GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Corsair H60 Win 10 Pro Planar PX2710MW AOC U2868PQU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RGB80 Corsair HX850 Corsair Obsidian 250D Logitech M705 
Mouse Pad
XTrac Ripper XL 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo T5670 Dell OEM Intel GMA 950 3Gb DDR2-667 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
WD Scorpio Blue 250Gb Linux Ubuntu 12.10 x64 15.4" Tru-Bright 1280x800 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Snapdragon 600 MSM8960 Adreno 320 2GB LPDDR 
Hard DriveOSMonitor
16GB+16GB Jelly Bean 4.2.2 JDQ 1080p 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nano2 View Post
Have you noticed hit box problems in multiplayer or is it just me? Sometimes I shoot someone and see blood shoot out of them, then in the killcam it appears that I never got a shot on them. It's very frustrating. I am so bad at the multiplayer. It's so fast and frantic, I can never keep up.

Let's arrange a time for OCN Crysis 2 guys to meet up and have a match.
I'm sorry, but I don't play multiplayer for any game.

(however, you're not blind: I changed the format of my original post just a few seconds ago so that now something is in bold red text where it wasn't before ).


Quote:
Originally Posted by jellis142 View Post
I'm sorry Crysis 2, but I liked the complications and learning curve of Crysis more You will be purchased during a sale though! Glad to know there aren't that many cons in your eyes, and one of the first non-bashing threads for this game I've seen also.
Actually, I feel that there's just as much of a learning curve and complications because it's an entirely different experience. According to the game, I spent 27 hours, 3 minutes, and 34 seconds on the game (for one run-through of the campaign).

Oh, and regarding the cons: I think I've narrowed it down to two bugs:
  • If I die, then I absolutely have to restart Crysis 2 itself because I can't melee when I come back. Worse than that, I lose all collected Nano Catalyst. The icing on the cake is that if I had like 4,000 Nano Catalyst at the time of my death, then I have to collect 4,000 more just for the little counter to begin counting from zero.
  • When a new level starts, I usually lose all of my Nano Catalyst just as above.


Anyway, believe it or not, I bashed Crysis 2 very hard at first in 2 other threads here on OCN (and I feel terrible for doing it because they're not my threads). One of those threads was actually all about praising Crytek for a job well done on the graphics! Although, I realize now that I only bashed it out of ignorance, and also because I was very resistant to the changes that Crytek made. So it's just because I hadn't given it enough time by that point. I mean now that I've finished the game, I think I like it more than the first Crysis. Although, I think that it's unfair to compare the two because the first Crysis offers it's own awesome experience! So, I see them as equals!

I just started a new campaign using the same profile as before, and so now I have a new favorite thing about Crysis 2: you get to keep every single unlocked Suit Module! tehehehe!
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't play multiplayer for any game.

(however, you're not blind: I changed the format of my original post just a few seconds ago so that now something is in bold red text where it wasn't before ).



Actually, I feel that there's just as much of a learning curve and complications because it's an entirely different experience. According to the game, I spent 27 hours, 3 minutes, and 34 seconds on the game (for one run-through of the campaign).

Oh, and regarding the cons: I think I've narrowed it down to two bugs:
  • If I die, then I absolutely have to restart Crysis 2 itself because I can't melee when I come back. Worse than that, I lose all collected Nano Catalyst. The icing on the cake is that if I had like 4,000 Nano Catalyst at the time of my death, then I have to collect 4,000 more just for the little counter to begin counting from zero.
  • When a new level starts, I usually lose all of my Nano Catalyst just as above.


Anyway, believe it or not, I bashed Crysis 2 very hard at first in 2 other threads here on OCN (and I feel terrible for doing it because they're not my threads). One of those threads was actually all about praising Crytek for a job well done on the graphics! Although, I realize now that I only bashed it out of ignorance, and also because I was very resistant to the changes that Crytek made. So it's just because I hadn't given it enough time by that point. I mean now that I've finished the game, I think I like it more than the first Crysis. Although, I think that it's unfair to compare the two because the first Crysis offers it's own awesome experience! So, I see them as equals!

I just started a new campaign using the same profile as before, and so now I have a new favorite thing about Crysis 2: you get to keep every single unlocked Suit Module! tehehehe!
Holy crap how do you spend 27 hours on 1 run through???
I beat it in 1 sitting last Sunday only took me 8 hours.


Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Fatal1ty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz XFX 780i SLI EVGA 480 + Zotac 480 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2 @ 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 2x 250GB RAID 0 LG 48xDVD/RW Windows 7 x64 Professional 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 1220 KingWin Mach 1 Coolermaster HAF - X Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
Fatal1ty
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2GHz XFX 780i SLI EVGA 480 + Zotac 480 2 x 2GB G. Skill DDR2 @ 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 2x 250GB RAID 0 LG 48xDVD/RW Windows 7 x64 Professional 3 x Acer GD235HZ 120Hz 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 1220 KingWin Mach 1 Coolermaster HAF - X Razer Deathadder 
Mouse Pad
Razer eXactMat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret|c View Post
Holy crap how do you spend 27 hours on 1 run through???
I beat it in 1 sitting last Sunday only took me 8 hours.
It's like savoring a fine steak. I'm still on my first time through.
post #46 of 144
The thing i love about C2 is they let you have 2-3 modes at the same time! In C1, you get to choose 1 mode at a time. SO when you're in Speed Mode and an enemy fire at you, you loose life fast then you have to switch to Armor Mode but you loose the speed which slows you down from escaping enemy's fire. Im glad that they removed the Speed Mode in C2 as an option. C2 is a really great game. I felt like they could've done better with the graphics cause the texture looks inferior to C1 right now. Graphics is everything when i game. I hope they fix the flickering bug for dual GPUs card/setup and hopefully, they release the DX11 patch soon.
Big Mike
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965C2 @3.7GHz 1.52v ASUS M4A78T-E 790GX ASUS 5970 @1000/1300 1.35v G.SKILL 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB | SAMSUNG 320GB | 2x1TB WD LG Black 8X BD-ROM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2x ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-7300 COOLER MASTER SP 700W COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Big Mike
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965C2 @3.7GHz 1.52v ASUS M4A78T-E 790GX ASUS 5970 @1000/1300 1.35v G.SKILL 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial M4 128GB | SAMSUNG 320GB | 2x1TB WD LG Black 8X BD-ROM Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2x ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rosewill RK-7300 COOLER MASTER SP 700W COOLER MASTER HAF 932 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #47 of 144
LOVE the SP. HATE the MP. That sums it up for most of Crytek's games. They really know how to make an epic SP experience. I hope they make C3 even better.
Ol' Faithful
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @3.83 Ghz ASUS Rampage III Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming OC G.SKILL 6GB 1850Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 6GB/s 1TB Liteon 24X DVD R/W Noctua NH-D14  Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung 23" 1920X1080p Aerocool V12XT 800 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
Ol' Faithful
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 @3.83 Ghz ASUS Rampage III Formula MSI GTX 970 Gaming OC G.SKILL 6GB 1850Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Western Digital 6GB/s 1TB Liteon 24X DVD R/W Noctua NH-D14  Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Samsung 23" 1920X1080p Aerocool V12XT 800 HAF 922 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 144
yoo whats good twocables, nice review btw.

I think i'll wait until the next patch is out before buying this masterpiece of a game. I enjoyed 1 and warhead nicely, so i'm pretty confident with your review on this second installment, that I can drop the money on it.
bankaikiller
(16 items)
 
Bankai laptop
(11 items)
 
Glowing Reaper
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k @4.1ghz Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (3waysli) 2 gtx 560 ti's evga super clocked G.Skill 8gigs 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gig 7200rpm hdd + corsair force gt SSD 120 gig corsair h60 Windows 7 acer S231HL 
PowerCaseAudioOther
800 watt corsair NZXT Tempest EVO  USB Creative sound blaster X-FI Go Pro Razer Carcharias headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD K12 quadcore processor 4MB l2 cache 358D AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G integrated  AMD Radeon 6750M dedicated (crossfired with 6620g) 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
6gigs 640 5,000 RPM Blue ray player Coolin pad and hp coolsense tempature control 
OSKeyboardAudio
Windows 7 Asus Beats 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 6core 1045T @ 3.2 Ghz ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX Amd radeon 6870 8gigs ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB sata Barracuda Compact disk DVD+RW air  Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
S231HL LCD Monitor Asus 800 Watt corsair GS 800 Roswell 
MouseAudio
Asus realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
bankaikiller
(16 items)
 
Bankai laptop
(11 items)
 
Glowing Reaper
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k @4.1ghz Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (3waysli) 2 gtx 560 ti's evga super clocked G.Skill 8gigs 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500gig 7200rpm hdd + corsair force gt SSD 120 gig corsair h60 Windows 7 acer S231HL 
PowerCaseAudioOther
800 watt corsair NZXT Tempest EVO  USB Creative sound blaster X-FI Go Pro Razer Carcharias headphones 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
AMD K12 quadcore processor 4MB l2 cache 358D AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G integrated  AMD Radeon 6750M dedicated (crossfired with 6620g) 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
6gigs 640 5,000 RPM Blue ray player Coolin pad and hp coolsense tempature control 
OSKeyboardAudio
Windows 7 Asus Beats 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 6core 1045T @ 3.2 Ghz ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 AM3 AMD 890FX Amd radeon 6870 8gigs ddr3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB sata Barracuda Compact disk DVD+RW air  Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
S231HL LCD Monitor Asus 800 Watt corsair GS 800 Roswell 
MouseAudio
Asus realtek 
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 144
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret|c View Post
Holy crap how do you spend 27 hours on 1 run through???
I beat it in 1 sitting last Sunday only took me 8 hours.


Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Easy: I wanted to miss as little as possible on the first run-through. When I play a game for the first time, I don't just blast through it. Instead, I take the time to appreciate every part of it. After all, they took the time to create it, so the least I can do is enjoy it to the fullest!

So, what did you accomplish in the short time of 8 hours? Did you collect any New York Souvenirs? Did you collect any Dog Tags? Did you collect any Vehicle Keys? Did you collect any Email Conversations? How many Suit Modules did you unlock?

In other words: what's your point? Are you better than I am because you finished it faster than I did? Is this a competition? No. It's art, and so I decided to enjoy it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BankaiKiller View Post
yoo whats good twocables, nice review btw.

I think i'll wait until the next patch is out before buying this masterpiece of a game. I enjoyed 1 and warhead nicely, so i'm pretty confident with your review on this second installment, that I can drop the money on it.
Right on, man!
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 144
I just started playing it. I'm actually enjoying it too.

All this Crysis 2 hate because it doesn't have DX11. The game still looks really freakin' good and it doesn't take an i7 990x/quad 580SLI in order to run it at a solid 60FPS with 4xAA on High Settings.
/hwaw
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3ghz 1.160v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce Sapphire R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4gb Samsung RAM @ 2000mhz 9-10-9-28 1.425v OCZ Vertex 4 Hitacho Deskstar Crucial M550 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair H80 (CPU) Thermalright Spitfire (GPU) Gelid Icy Vision (GPU) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BENQ GW2450 Asus PB278Q Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Seasonic 750w  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Black Interior HAF 932 Roccat Kone  Artisan Hien Hard 
  hide details  
Reply
/hwaw
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.3ghz 1.160v ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Gigabyte R9 290 Windforce Sapphire R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4gb Samsung RAM @ 2000mhz 9-10-9-28 1.425v OCZ Vertex 4 Hitacho Deskstar Crucial M550 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Corsair H80 (CPU) Thermalright Spitfire (GPU) Gelid Icy Vision (GPU) Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
BENQ GW2450 Asus PB278Q Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid Seasonic 750w  
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Black Interior HAF 932 Roccat Kone  Artisan Hien Hard 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › I have a confession to make: I love Crysis 2! (and the bugs are fixed!!!)