Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Need a CPU heatsink (mATX Board)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need a CPU heatsink (mATX Board)

post #1 of 37
Thread Starter 
Yeah, it can't leave THAT much of a footprint.
It needs to be about the same size as the stock cooler (excluding height)

Will the Corsair H50 do?
I think it's overkill

I really just need a heatsink that will keep temps under 60 at load.
Nothing fancy, really.
Kinda scared the 212+ will block stuff.


Can anyone tell me how the H50 compares to the H70 compared to the Antec Kuhler H20?
Edited by NoItsNotDavid - 3/30/11 at 10:01pm
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoItsNotDavid View Post
Will the Corsair H50 do?
I think it's overkill

I really just need a heatsink that will keep temps under 60 at load.
Nothing fancy, really.
Kinda scared the 212+ will block stuff.
yea it will be fine with H50.
especially if in a compact case with little airflow.

air cool top of the line coolers are pretty tall.
post #3 of 37
I doubt you will block anything with the 212+ unless you have high RAM heat sinks or big chipset cooler.
post #4 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbudden View Post
I doubt you will block anything with the 212+ unless you have high RAM heat sinks or big chipset cooler.
I agree never heard of issue besides RAM coolers getting in the way.

The H50/H70 will work good if you have room to mount rad. For air coolers check out the AC Freezer pro or the XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm Rifle CPU Cooler they seem pretty small at base, but taller then stock with good cooling for AMD/Intel applications.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 3.6GHz 1.152v Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 EVGA GTX 960 SSC 4GB 8GB G. Skill DDR3-1333 CL9 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB SATA3 + 4TB Storage External USB Thermalright Archon Win 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27 inch LED 1920x1080 HD Logitech K120 Seasonic X-760 Modular Fractal Define R4 
MouseAudio
Logitech Altec Lansing 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320 3.6GHz 1.152v Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 EVGA GTX 960 SSC 4GB 8GB G. Skill DDR3-1333 CL9 1.5v 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 1TB SATA3 + 4TB Storage External USB Thermalright Archon Win 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27 inch LED 1920x1080 HD Logitech K120 Seasonic X-760 Modular Fractal Define R4 
MouseAudio
Logitech Altec Lansing 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 37
with a 945, aim for 55c or lower
post #6 of 37
Thread Starter 
+ rep to all
For the 212+ I'm afraid that if I mount it vertically, then my psu at the top will block it.
Might be wrong though.
Doesn't it perform on the par with the H50 in some cases?
No point in wasting $20+
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffejrxx View Post
with a 945, aim for 55c or lower
Alright.
I undervolted it and it was great, but because of my new ram, for some reason it has to be at stock volts or else system is unstable
Edited by NoItsNotDavid - 3/29/11 at 8:37pm
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoItsNotDavid View Post
Yeah, it can't leave THAT much of a footprint.
It needs to be about the same size as the stock cooler (excluding height)

Will the Corsair H50 do?
I think it's overkill

I really just need a heatsink that will keep temps under 60 at load.
Nothing fancy, really.
Kinda scared the 212+ will block stuff.
The 212+ is really tall. It barely fits in an Antec 900. It also won't allow me to install RipJaws in the first two ram slots. So if you have a small case for mATX boards, do not get it. The Corsair H50 looks nice and has decent cooling. It's selling for $50AR at Circuit City:

http://www.circuitcity.com/applicati...687&CatId=1871

The H50 is a good choice because it will not take too much space over the MoBo and it looks Great!


Edit: The 212+ should not extend pass the MoBo so the PSU will not block it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k (Stock) Asus Maximus Gene V  Powercolor AX6850 Passive Cooler Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex II 90GB External Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gone Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT03B 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Black Normal 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600k (Stock) Asus Maximus Gene V  Powercolor AX6850 Passive Cooler Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex II 90GB External Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Gone Microsoft Ergonomic 4000 Keyboard Corsair AX850 Silverstone FT03B 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 Black Normal 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 37
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by listen to remix View Post
The 212+ is really tall. It barely fits in an Antec 900. It also won't allow me to install RipJaws in the first two ram slots. So if you have a small case for mATX boards, do not get it. The Corsair H50 looks nice and has decent cooling. It's selling for $50AR at Circuit City:

http://www.circuitcity.com/applicati...687&CatId=1871

The H50 is a good choice because it will not take too much space over the MoBo and it looks Great!
Considering.
Butwaitwat
Circuit City still exists?!
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
D
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6600k MSI M7 R9 380 TridentZ 
OSCase
Windows 10 Corsair 750d 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoItsNotDavid View Post
Considering.
Butwaitwat
Circuit City still exists?!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CircuitCity.com
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › Need a CPU heatsink (mATX Board)