Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [ Kitguru ] Updated GTX590 BIOS rushed out to repair reputation
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[ Kitguru ] Updated GTX590 BIOS rushed out to repair reputation - Page 8

post #71 of 115
Don't think we'll see many, if any, non-ref GTX 590s.
Edited by Razi3l - 3/30/11 at 2:14pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4300Mhz Biostar TP67XE Waiting to buy a new one 8GB 1600Mhz 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 SSD [250GB] Antec H20 620 Windows 7 x64 Acer S242HL 
PowerCase
Thermaltake 775W NZXT Phantom [White] 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4300Mhz Biostar TP67XE Waiting to buy a new one 8GB 1600Mhz 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 SSD [250GB] Antec H20 620 Windows 7 x64 Acer S242HL 
PowerCase
Thermaltake 775W NZXT Phantom [White] 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #72 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi3l View Post
Don't think we'll see many, if any, non-ref GTX 590s.


There was the Asus Mars GTX 480 a while back, I'm sure it'll come soon with GF110's in tow. It has to.

If that's going to blow something up, it's probably your PSU, or your electric bill.
post #73 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kand View Post

There was the Asus Mars GTX 480 a while back, I'm sure it'll come soon with GF110's in tow. It has to.

If that's going to blow something up, it's probably your PSU, or your electric bill.
I'm aware of that but it has never been made official and there is no news of a GF110 version though it is possible but what sort of power would it consume?.. A lot, is what I'm thinking. But it would obviously be $1200 or whatever so there is no point in saying it's a 590 when many can't buy it. I mean how many of those who bought a 5970 would have gotten the ARES over it? Not many because it was a lot more expensive.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4300Mhz Biostar TP67XE Waiting to buy a new one 8GB 1600Mhz 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 SSD [250GB] Antec H20 620 Windows 7 x64 Acer S242HL 
PowerCase
Thermaltake 775W NZXT Phantom [White] 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4300Mhz Biostar TP67XE Waiting to buy a new one 8GB 1600Mhz 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 SSD [250GB] Antec H20 620 Windows 7 x64 Acer S242HL 
PowerCase
Thermaltake 775W NZXT Phantom [White] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by armartins View Post
But do you think NVIDIA will do that (the part when people receive the option to upgrade or full refund), I don't think so. You know why? Because they're evil.
They're not evil. They just want money, like every other corporation.

Don't fool yourself - money is the ONLY goal for any company.

They don't care about you, so they cannot be evil. They just care about money.

If you get hurt.. then you shouldn't have purchased their product.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi3l View Post
I'm aware of that but it has never been made official and there is no news of a GF110 version though it is possible but what sort of power would it consume?.. A lot, is what I'm thinking. But it would obviously be $1200 or whatever so there is no point in saying it's a 590 when many can't buy it. I mean how many of those who bought a 5970 would have gotten the ARES over it? Not many because it was a lot more expensive.
If no non-reference GTX 590s come out.. then it's going to be either "Wait for Kepler" or "Get GTX 480 SLi/Triple SLi"..

Because those custom-made cards are going to be 1,000$+ with very, very limited stock.

Unless one of nVidia's "partners" can capitalize on the GTX 590's faults and come out with a better version.. which is essentially a non-reference GTX 590, but the only reason a real non-reference GTX 590 won't come out is because nVidia won't let it. This way, it's up to them.

If I were someone interested in the GTX 590 (which I am), I would go with GTX 480 Triple SLi and sell them all for 700$ and get GTX 680 when it comes out.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kand View Post


There was the Asus Mars GTX 480 a while back, I'm sure it'll come soon with GF110's in tow. It has to.

If that's going to blow something up, it's probably your PSU, or your electric bill.
Wow, is that a 16+4 (8+2) 3x8-pin Dual-GF100 card?

That is going to cost LITERALLY twice as much as GTX 480 SLi if it ever comes out.. and it won't.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
If no non-reference GTX 590s come out.. then it's going to be either "Wait for Kepler" or "Get GTX 480 SLi/Triple SLi"..

Because those custom-made cards are going to be 1,000$+ with very, very limited stock.

Unless one of nVidia's "partners" can capitalize on the GTX 590's faults and come out with a better version.. which is essentially a non-reference GTX 590, but the only reason a real non-reference GTX 590 won't come out is because nVidia won't let it. This way, it's up to them.

If I were someone interested in the GTX 590 (which I am), I would go with GTX 480 Triple SLi and sell them all for 700$ and get GTX 680 when it comes out.


I was going to suggest SLI-ing a couple of GTX 460-2wins by EVGA, but seeing as this Galaxy one doesnt have a SLI bridge, that puts my idea in the bucket and shot.
post #78 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Track View Post
If I were someone interested in the GTX 590 (which I am), I would go with GTX 480 Triple SLi and sell them all for 700$ and get GTX 680 when it comes out.
The GTX 480s would outperform the 680 anyway, I doubt the 6xx will be as amazing as expected (but I hope I'm wrong). Either way the 590 seems like a waste and I think NVIDIA should have just gone with a GTX 560x2 card instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kand View Post
I was going to suggest SLI-ing a couple of GTX 460-2wins by EVGA, but seeing as this Galaxy one doesnt have a SLI bridge, that puts my idea in the bucket and shot.
The 2win can't SLI. They just forgot to remove the connector and are too lazy to do so (well it's a bit late for it now, and why even release the card anyway?). I would buy the Galaxy one because it is white and better.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4300Mhz Biostar TP67XE Waiting to buy a new one 8GB 1600Mhz 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 SSD [250GB] Antec H20 620 Windows 7 x64 Acer S242HL 
PowerCase
Thermaltake 775W NZXT Phantom [White] 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4300Mhz Biostar TP67XE Waiting to buy a new one 8GB 1600Mhz 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 SSD [250GB] Antec H20 620 Windows 7 x64 Acer S242HL 
PowerCase
Thermaltake 775W NZXT Phantom [White] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi3l View Post
The GTX 480s would outperform the 680 anyway, I doubt the 6xx will be as amazing as expected (but I hope I'm wrong). Either way the 590 seems like a waste and I think NVIDIA should have just gone with a GTX 560x2 card instead.

The 2win can't SLI. They just forgot to remove the connector and are too lazy to do so (well it's a bit late for it now, and why even release the card anyway?). I would buy the Galaxy one because it is white and better.
I think you're wrong. 40nm to 28nm is a bigger shrink than 65nm to 40nm.

I think GTX 680 could definitely have 1024 SPs.

But the thing is - I don't understand why nVidia cheaped out on the VRMs.

I mean, a GTX 680 is going to need equivalent VRM power.. so they're going to have to use them in the end eventually anyway.

This all makes me feel like nVidia is going to pull a GTX 280 on us again and release the GTX 680 3 months after GTX 590.
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kand View Post


I was going to suggest SLI-ing a couple of GTX 460-2wins by EVGA, but seeing as this Galaxy one doesnt have a SLI bridge, that puts my idea in the bucket and shot.
Don't get me started about the "2win", both for bad and for good.

Firstly, why couldn't nVidia use the same three-fan design? It sickens me.

Secondly, eVGA keeps advertising how it's better than the GTX 580. So it's going to cost 600$.

Now you ask - how that's going to be competitive with GTX 590?

I'll tell you! By crippling it!
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
White Phoenix
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2600k Gigabyte P67A-UD7-B3 GTX 480 SLi G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) 1600/CL7 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Crucial C300 256GB LG 6x BD-RW/HD-DVD Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 'PLP' - 2007FP | 3007WFP-HC | 2007FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Silverstone 1000w [80A]-Rail Antec p190 (Modded) Logitech G700 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad SteelSeries Experience I-2 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [ Kitguru ] Updated GTX590 BIOS rushed out to repair reputation