Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › AMD Phenom II X4 920 Temperatures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AMD Phenom II X4 920 Temperatures - Page 2

post #11 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekkuh View Post
yes im using stock cooler the stock cooler haves heatsinks?
If you plan to OC, get an after market cooler. The stock cooler is a heat-sink, but it is a pretty shoddy one. At minimum get a Cooler Master Hyper 212+. (Its a reliable cheap HSF and it should let you get up to 3.8ish). Also, you are going to want to change out the thermal paste. Your load temps are alright for a stock cooler, but to me, it looks like it isn't seated right. At the very least I would change out the TIM.
post #12 of 26
another way to have cooler temps and saves some power at idle is undervolt and underclock your machine while idling and when you use your cpu(under load) it will return your cpu to stock speed or at an overclock speed you specify, this idea is similar to cool n quiet
one program that has this is called k10stat
but make sure you test those underclock/undervolts to make sure they are stable

another program that is a bit more user-friendly is the rmclock utility not sure if you can go into overclock mode with this one
post #13 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by answ3r View Post
If you plan to OC, get an after market cooler. The stock cooler is a heat-sink, but it is a pretty shoddy one. At minimum get a Cooler Master Hyper 212+. (Its a reliable cheap HSF and it should let you get up to 3.8ish). Also, you are going to want to change out the thermal paste. Your load temps are alright for a stock cooler, but to me, it looks like it isn't seated right. At the very least I would change out the TIM.
Well i have Zalman CNPS7700 i had it whit one of my old computers wich broke..
i took it off but i forgot to take the backing plate too so i dont have that so i think it wont stay on the cpu it would fall off
My current rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz @ 4.7Ghz  ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gainward 660Ti 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 500Gb 7200RPM Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit AOC 23'' 60Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K60 XFX Pro 550W Bitfenix Shinobi Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia 5Hv2 
  hide details  
Reply
My current rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz @ 4.7Ghz  ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gainward 660Ti 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 500Gb 7200RPM Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit AOC 23'' 60Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K60 XFX Pro 550W Bitfenix Shinobi Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia 5Hv2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tat098 View Post
another way to have cooler temps and saves some power at idle is undervolt and underclock your machine while idling and when you use your cpu(under load) it will return your cpu to stock speed or at an overclock speed you specify, this idea is similar to cool n quiet
one program that has this is called k10stat
but make sure you test those underclock/undervolts to make sure they are stable

another program that is a bit more user-friendly is the rmclock utility not sure if you can go into overclock mode with this one
i dont really know how to use k10stat i tryed but its really really hard to use i was like o.o
My current rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz @ 4.7Ghz  ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gainward 660Ti 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 500Gb 7200RPM Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit AOC 23'' 60Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K60 XFX Pro 550W Bitfenix Shinobi Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia 5Hv2 
  hide details  
Reply
My current rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz @ 4.7Ghz  ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gainward 660Ti 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 500Gb 7200RPM Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit AOC 23'' 60Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K60 XFX Pro 550W Bitfenix Shinobi Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia 5Hv2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 26
A Hyper 212 is a good cooler for the price. It runs about 30 dollars, and you can always buy a 2nd fan for push/pull.
post #16 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by answ3r View Post
A Hyper 212 is a good cooler for the price. It runs about 30 dollars, and you can always buy a 2nd fan for push/pull.
i really dont have those kind of money :S im getting 100euros wich is like 110 dollars and im going to buy Sapphire Radeon Hd 5670 1Gb version whit all of the cash my dad is poor bcs he doesnt have a job right now he got illegally kicked out of his job and now he needs to get new one so i dont know where i can get that kind of money.. i just really need to know some techniques to lower my cpu temp without underclocking it..
My current rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz @ 4.7Ghz  ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gainward 660Ti 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 500Gb 7200RPM Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit AOC 23'' 60Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K60 XFX Pro 550W Bitfenix Shinobi Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia 5Hv2 
  hide details  
Reply
My current rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz @ 4.7Ghz  ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gainward 660Ti 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 500Gb 7200RPM Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit AOC 23'' 60Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K60 XFX Pro 550W Bitfenix Shinobi Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia 5Hv2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekkuh View Post
in my case theres 2 case fans 1 in the top a really big one and one in the back the little case fan i installed the little case fan backwards so it would suck in air and the big one is pushing it out what you think about this setup and should i play side panel open or not? 1 more question can i OC my CPU anymore than 3Ghz?
Yes, that is a good setup for the fans. The rear fan blowing in helps cool the mobo's mosfets, which helps with OCing. You can OC your CPU as long as your load temps are within safe limits. You should be able to OC a little without needing additional voltage, but it won't be a lot.
There is no need to remove the side panel from your case. The Antec 900 is a very good air-cooling case.
Short Stuff
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 945 Asus M5A97 R2.0 Asus HD 6570 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Velociraptor WD Caviar Black Samsung F3 Samsung SH-203B 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U12P Windows 10 Home Samsung 32" LCD HDTV 720p Logitech K330 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic SS560-KM CM 690 II Logitech M215 Staples 
AudioOtherOther
Creative Inspire P5800 5.1 speakers Motorola SB6141 Modem Netgear WNDR3700V3 Router 
  hide details  
Reply
Short Stuff
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II 945 Asus M5A97 R2.0 Asus HD 6570 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
WD Velociraptor WD Caviar Black Samsung F3 Samsung SH-203B 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-U12P Windows 10 Home Samsung 32" LCD HDTV 720p Logitech K330 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic SS560-KM CM 690 II Logitech M215 Staples 
AudioOtherOther
Creative Inspire P5800 5.1 speakers Motorola SB6141 Modem Netgear WNDR3700V3 Router 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekkuh View Post
i really dont have those kind of money :S im getting 100euros wich is like 110 dollars and im going to buy Sapphire Radeon Hd 5670 1Gb version whit all of the cash my dad is poor bcs he doesnt have a job right now he got illegally kicked out of his job and now he needs to get new one so i dont know where i can get that kind of money.. i just really need to know some techniques to lower my cpu temp without underclocking it..
You could search around on the marketplace here for some GFX deals and get a better card than a 5670 for probably cheaper than 110. Also, you'll need some extra TIM, but try reseating your cooler as said prior.
post #19 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceballsrules View Post
Yes, that is a good setup for the fans. The rear fan blowing in helps cool the mobo's mosfets, which helps with OCing. You can OC your CPU as long as your load temps are within safe limits. You should be able to OC a little without needing additional voltage, but it won't be a lot.
There is no need to remove the side panel from your case. The Antec 900 is a very good air-cooling case.
do you have msn or skype so we could talk more?
My current rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz @ 4.7Ghz  ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gainward 660Ti 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 500Gb 7200RPM Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit AOC 23'' 60Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K60 XFX Pro 550W Bitfenix Shinobi Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia 5Hv2 
  hide details  
Reply
My current rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz @ 4.7Ghz  ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gainward 660Ti 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 500Gb 7200RPM Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit AOC 23'' 60Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K60 XFX Pro 550W Bitfenix Shinobi Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia 5Hv2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by answ3r View Post
You could search around on the marketplace here for some GFX deals and get a better card than a 5670 for probably cheaper than 110. Also, you'll need some extra TIM, but try reseating your cooler as said prior.
only problem is that in my country we dont use dollars we use euros 110 dollars is like 100 euros and a package from usa to finland would cost alot..
My current rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz @ 4.7Ghz  ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gainward 660Ti 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 500Gb 7200RPM Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit AOC 23'' 60Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K60 XFX Pro 550W Bitfenix Shinobi Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia 5Hv2 
  hide details  
Reply
My current rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz @ 4.7Ghz  ASRock Z77 Pro3 Gainward 660Ti 8Gb DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 500Gb 7200RPM Corsair H80 Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit AOC 23'' 60Hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K60 XFX Pro 550W Bitfenix Shinobi Razer Deathadder 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus Steelseries Siberia 5Hv2 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › AMD Phenom II X4 920 Temperatures