Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › First Attempt at Eyefinity
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First Attempt at Eyefinity - Page 3

post #21 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post
one late piece of advice.. DO NOT SET UP EYEFINITY ON 24" DISPLAYS USING VGA! you WILL notice a big difference in clarity and sharpness between the dvi/hdmi/display port monitors and the vga one
Only if your cable sucks hardocore, is faulty, ancient, or too long (15m+)

VGA produces identical results to DVI and HDMI provided that you have a properly functioning cable. That is, any modern cable for 5-10 dollars.

Something is wrong at YOUR end.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post
Only if your cable sucks hardocore, is faulty, ancient, or too long (15m+)

VGA produces identical results to DVI and HDMI provided that you have a properly functioning cable. That is, any modern cable for 5-10 dollars.

Something is wrong at YOUR end.
thats not true. i'v had first hand experience with this, i'v used vga for my setup and there was a big difference in clarity and the cable i used was brand new that came in the monitor box.

when ur investing so much in 3 screens why use such an ancient interface like vga when u have dvi and display port at ur disposal, especially since graphics cards have those outputs natively?
post #23 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post
thats not true. i'v had first hand experience with this, i'v used vga for my setup and there was a big difference in clarity and the cable i used was brand new that came in the monitor box.

when ur investing so much in 3 screens why use such an ancient interface like vga when u have dvi and display port at ur disposal, especially since graphics cards have those outputs natively?
Something was wrong with the cable/screens/GPU. My VGA monitors have all looked just as crisp as the DVI ones. And that's just an example.

Modernity means nothing. IBM model M. It's an ancient keyboard, from like 1983 or something, but it's considered one of the best typing boards.

CRT monitors. Sure, they're old and weight a ton, but the image quality on the good ones tops out any LCD.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post
Something was wrong with the cable/screens/GPU. My VGA monitors have all looked just as crisp as the DVI ones. And that's just an example.

Modernity means nothing. IBM model M. It's an ancient keyboard, from like 1983 or something, but it's considered one of the best typing boards.

CRT monitors. Sure, they're old and weight a ton, but the image quality on the good ones tops out any LCD.
well then i guess it differs from monitor to monitor, but i say why take the chance?
post #25 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post
well then i guess it differs from monitor to monitor, but i say why take the chance?
Shouldn't differ from monitor to monitor. Your cable/GPU/monitor was FAULTY. Do you not know what that means? Something somewhere was messing up the picture.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by De-Zant View Post
Shouldn't differ from monitor to monitor. Your cable/GPU/monitor was FAULTY. Do you not know what that means? Something somewhere was messing up the picture.
mate i bought 3 monitors at once, pulled them out of the box, connected them to my NEW 6950, the one with the vga connection SUCKED! i then used active dvi to mini display port adapter and the picture was perfect. everything i used was brand new, nothing was faulty! do u understand wat that means?

go read up on vga champ, i'm not the only who's experienced this
post #27 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirolla888 View Post
mate i bought 3 monitors at once, pulled them out of the box, connected them to my NEW 6950, the one with the vga connection SUCKED! i then used active dvi to mini display port adapter and the picture was perfect. everything i used was brand new, nothing was faulty! do u understand wat that means?

go read up on vga champ, i'm not the only who's experienced this
You sound like you have 0 experience

Besides. Ever heard of faulty products out of the box? This especially happens with monitor related products. Dead/stuck pixels, faulty backlights, messed up cables. I've had my fair share of new VGA cables that looked like crap since they were faulty. Functional ones look good.

You also sure that you were running at native? Stupid question I know, but I have no idea what you did with the setup.
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 35
DVI-D and Display port are for higher resolution, VGA insnt capable of HD quality picture. Regular DVI and VGA are almost identical in picture quality. So if your running 800x700 or some tiny 17" resolution, theirs really no difference. But try VGA on a 23" 1980x1080 HD, and you'll be dissapointed.
FrostBite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition MSI 890FXA-GD65 MSI 6970 Lightning G.Skill 4Gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SSD 60GB, 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD Windows 7 64bit 27" Apple Cinema Display Happy Hacking Pro2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
800w Cooler Master Silent Gold Corsair 650D Razer Mamba Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
FrostBite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition MSI 890FXA-GD65 MSI 6970 Lightning G.Skill 4Gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SSD 60GB, 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD Windows 7 64bit 27" Apple Cinema Display Happy Hacking Pro2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
800w Cooler Master Silent Gold Corsair 650D Razer Mamba Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpatcher View Post
DVI-D and Display port are for higher resolution, VGA insnt capable of HD quality picture. Regular DVI and VGA are almost identical in picture quality. So if your running 800x700 or some tiny 17" resolution, theirs really no difference. But try VGA on a 23" 1980x1080 HD, and you'll be dissapointed.
WRONG information you got there.

VGA cables support higher resolutions than even dual link DVI cables.

I AM running my main monitor in VGA mode 1920x1200. 0 difference to my other monitors or this monitor in DVI mode. I also know how the cables work theoretically. There is 0 difference in quality.

HD is a very LOW resolution. VGA can do stuff like 2560x1600@75hz. More than dual link DVI allows. And VGA can do that without any noticiable loss in image quality.
Edited by De-Zant - 4/6/11 at 7:33am
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
Toki
(10 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
[i7 860] [XFX 5870] [4x2gb] [WD 500gb] 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
[W7] [HP LP3065 - CrossOver 27Q LED-P - Acer x243w] Ducky DK1087-CELLB Tenkeyless, MX Blue - Steels... [LC power 750W] 
Audio
[ATH-A700] + [Asus Xonar DG] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 35
Just saying a binary signal beats out an analog, even if its not a decernable difference why stick with a phasing out cable?
FrostBite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition MSI 890FXA-GD65 MSI 6970 Lightning G.Skill 4Gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SSD 60GB, 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD Windows 7 64bit 27" Apple Cinema Display Happy Hacking Pro2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
800w Cooler Master Silent Gold Corsair 650D Razer Mamba Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
FrostBite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition MSI 890FXA-GD65 MSI 6970 Lightning G.Skill 4Gb 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair SSD 60GB, 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD Windows 7 64bit 27" Apple Cinema Display Happy Hacking Pro2 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
800w Cooler Master Silent Gold Corsair 650D Razer Mamba Razer Destructor 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › First Attempt at Eyefinity