Here is my latest update. This is my front bezel.
As I continue along on this mod, I keep adding things that I didn't plan in the beginner. Even though I might have finished one piece before, doesn't mean it will always stay that way. This update has things I did not plan on that I believe came out pretty well. I still have a couple things that I need to do to finish this up, these are more afterthoughts and I should have them done tomorrow if I'm lucky.
I hope you enjoy and please let me know what you think.
Here is the front Bezel that I will be working on in this update.
You all know what it looks like, but I did not like the lower intake area.
So I laid out where I wanted to cut, made sure I was not to close bezel.
Used my stencil and adhesive on front mesh and taped it up.
Flipped it over and taped it.
Here is some of the stencils I made, saved them all along with the male part of them in case of a future need.
This is the completed job on the mesh,
Put back in the front bezel.
So I seem to like to put things in the wrong place. Not this time....I made me a square, scuffed it up so the badge adhesive would stick and perfect centerline....and if I put it in upside down, im still safe on this one
There she goes..
And it sticks.
Here is the badge in place,
A look at the front bezel.
I wanted to cut down on the frontal light. The red 5mm where really bright with the bezels intact, so I decided I would go with 3mm yellow ones.
The 3mm yellow leds installed. and a look at night.
Added a little extra light so you could see the fan not just the lights.
I love this bit, makes life easier.
Drilling the front fan holes to a 1/4"
Will be putting in the bushing to reduce sound from the front fan.
In. well four actually, but think you get the point.
So after all that, it just didn't look complete. So off I go to taping the front bezel.
Making sure I get the tape into the small crevices.
Done....only took me about 2 to 3 cups of coffee to tape this up.
Off we go to painting again.
Tape off and looking good.
Some test fits
And a last one. So we talk about the lettering and it needed something, still not happy.
Here is one of the Drive Inserts.
Here is is after a couple coats of paint, without the outline painted.
Here is the Top IO before painting the lettering.
Here is the front after a few coat of paint.
Here is the top. My camera really sucks, these came out really well.
The right hand corner when the leds are located have a lightning symbol and a hard drive symbol. I was amazed at how well these came out.
Just another one full view. I am going to try for some better shots later on.
* This Worklog post was generated using WorklogCreator - Version: 220.127.116.11
* Free Download: http://www.mod2software.com/worklogc...logcreator.zip